The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Freemeta said:

Made in abyss X Age of Sigmar, maybe the last halfling exploring the untamed edge of the mortal realms (natural resistance to chaos mutating energy).

don't go too far

There are (presumed) halflings in the novel "Godeater's Son". I can't remember what the tripe is named but they have the proportions of halflings but their skin is described as periwinkle in color. 

• LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

There are (presumed) halflings in the novel "Godeater's Son". I can't remember what the tripe is named but they have the proportions of halflings but their skin is described as periwinkle in color. 

thanks, first time i hear of halfling in age of sigmar.

periwinkle? like Schtroumpf/Smurf ? :D

Edited by Freemeta
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

His feet aren't furry, he's not a halfling!

He’s actually not. He’s a homunculus like the little ones seen in their infantry units that carry drug supplies. They’re artificially created by flesh crafters.

We do see some halflings in the “Harrowdeep” novel as the Stormcast Errants are on their journey. They’re under attack by Kruleboyz which I can’t help but think is a LotR wink.

And then in God-Eater’s Son where the Aqshy plains marks the periwinkle/indigo blooded ones called the Rockwrist tribe the Freeguilds want to take on as miners along with the other strange humanoid tribes there such as the cavern humans that evolved to spit poison and clans that mix the blood of the dead with their war-paint.

Felt very “40k ab-humans” just instead of planetary evolutions it’s tribes that had to adapt & survive near a thousand years under daemon rule.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

And then in God-Eater’s Son where the Aqshy plains marks the periwinkle/indigo blooded ones called the Rockwrist tribe the Freeguilds want to take on as miners along with the other strange humanoid tribes there such as the cavern humans that evolved to spit poison and clans that mix the blood of the dead with their war-paint.

Felt very “40k ab-humans” just instead of planetary evolutions it’s tribes that had to adapt & survive near a thousand years under daemon rule.

If gw is making cities the new Imperial guard for Aos i'd say that the idea of "abhumans" will be used to some extent.
Ogors mercenaries seems already given considering the rumors to mirror Ogryns(and Halflings to mirror ratlings i'd say)....it's not too far fetched.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JerekKruger said:

His feet aren't furry, he's not a halfling!

His feet are naturally hairy but he has a side hustle on Realm-Cams selling vids and pics of his feet, so keeps them hair free (a couple of fyreslayers keep asking for hairy feet pics, but never actually spend the gold to get them!). 

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, TechnoVampire said:

New Nagash warscroll leak. 

0D2DBC5A-DD3C-4999-A802-6FBDE015C086.jpeg

Looks okay, though by far not 975 points okay. To me he feels like 700-800-ish points.

Imagine the Vampire Lore is bad snd there‘d be nothing good for him to use his 8 spells on 🤣

I am a little sad the deflect MWs rule is gone.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, El Syf said:

Is it worse?  He lost the 4+ against mortals but gained a 5+ ward for him and those around him. His casting/ unbinding bonus stays at 3+ and doesn't change. He can do unlimited unbinds. He gained 2 wounds and he doesn't start degrading until 9 wounds have been lost instead of 6 so he effectively gets 5 more wounds at peak power. He can bring back units instead of one more model and his soulstealer spell is more reliable. Obviously his potency does depend on the spell lores of the armies he is in. If they have very good spells, he might be worth his points. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TechnoVampire said:

New Nagash warscroll leak. 

0D2DBC5A-DD3C-4999-A802-6FBDE015C086.jpeg

I have mixed feelings about this. Don't like the changes to the Invocation and Supreme Lord of the Undead. Lost Gaze of Nagash and two attacks on the Sword (Wounding on 3s now, but still...). Got two more Wounds and a Ward, which will help a little, but overall I would not say it's a buffed warscroll. If he was pricy before, now he's seriously overcosted.

OH MY GOODNESS, just realised the Arcane Bolt machine gun is gone. So with the overall shooting/combat nerf, I honestly don't think we'll see him on tables much. Not for those points.

And he can still miscast ffs.

The more I look at it the more I realise I now have to suddely paint up additional 900 points of Nighthaunt, while he's taking a lil break on the display shelf. Really don't think the buffs come anywhere near compensating for the nerfs. Maybe, just maybe, it's time for GW to realise this 'one size does not quite fit all' approach to his warscroll isn't working. Adjust his warscrolls in each book to fit that army, unless you don't care that people won't play him at all.

Edited by Grungnisson
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

I have mixed feelings about this. Don't like the changes to the Invocation and Supreme Lord of the Undead. Lost Gaze of Nagash and two attacks on the Sword (Wounding on 3s now, but still...). Got two more Wounds and a Ward, which will help a little, but overall I would not say it's a buffed warscroll. If he was pricy before, now he's seriously overcosted.

OH MY GOODNESS, just realised the Arcane Bolt machine gun is gone. So with the overall shooting/combat nerf, I honestly don't think we'll see him on tables much. Not for those points.

Nit without reason he carries the Name „Nagash Grand Lord of the Display Cabinet“

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

The more I look at it the more I realise I now have to suddely paint up additional 900 points of Nighthaunt, while he's taking a lil break on the display shelf. Really don't think the buffs come anywhere near compensating for the nerfs. Maybe, just maybe, it's time for GW to realise this 'one size does not quite fit all' approach to his warscroll isn't working. Adjust his warscrolls in each book to fit that army, unless you don't care that people won't play him at all.

I'm actually sort of... relieved. The model doesn't fancy me that much and the rules make him very optional. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I'm actually sort of... relieved. The model doesn't fancy me that much and the rules make him very optional. 

Probably has the best money to points ratio of any unit in the game, though.

There used to be a pretty good Nagash Deathrider spam list in 2nd edition. Maybe that is something this new Nagash can pull off again with his Supreme Lord of the Undead able to resurrect destroyed Deathrider units.

4 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

Looks okay, though by far not 975 points okay. To me he feels like 700-800-ish points.

Imagine the Vampire Lore is bad snd there‘d be nothing good for him to use his 8 spells on 🤣

I am a little sad the deflect MWs rule is gone.

That's one of the greatest balls ups of the AoS pointing strategy.

From a marketing and sales point of view I do think a trick has been missed by the team.

In 40k a 1000 point game can consist of a primarch and some core units and be legit, in AoS you can't run the archaon or nagash figureheads at 1k, and that's a massive oversight from a small game perspective.

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Well, no, not really. He was very optional before. Now he's going to be as 'optional' as Allarielle was until the current book. Meanwhile, DoK players just wet themselves laughing.

Now, I'm not saying that any of those centrepieces heroes should be must-includes. On the contrary, there should absolutely be viable options to run various army lists without them. But neither should you feel like you're kneecapping yourself if you want to play your one big show off model, that you a) spent a lot of money on, and b) spent a lot of time end effort to paint (and possibly convert) as your special show off project. Can't be too much to ask in a game based around miniatures, surely?

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, Grungnisson said:

Well, no, not really. He was very optional before. Now he's going to be as 'optional' as Allarielle was until the current book. Meanwhile, DoK players just wet themselves laughing.

Now, I'm not saying that any of those centrepieces heroes should be must-includes. On the contrary, there should absolutely be viable options to run various army lists without them. But neither should you feel like you're kneecapping yourself if you want to play your one big show off model, that you a) spent a lot of money on, and b) spent a lot of time end effort to paint (and possibly convert) as your special show off project. Can't be too much to ask in a game based around miniatures, surely?

I understand your point and I will be very sad if it turns out that they made Katakros or Arkhan unplayable. But Nagash... Guess I just don't like him as a character and I don't really appreciate big (way too big) show off models. I would be cool with GW benching him for some time to let the Death factions breath.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Yeah, I've never been a fan of his mini (out Archaon's for that matter) so I am glad he's not an auto include.

I wish we had something a bit more like the old Mark Gibbons art

HwYPftdwLTHGL_rthlEK0Epz5a4gqS1VUky34ia9

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 minutes ago, JerekKruger said:

Yeah, I've never been a fan of his mini (out Archaon's for that matter) so I am glad he's not an auto include.

I wish we had something a bit more like the old Mark Gibbons art

HwYPftdwLTHGL_rthlEK0Epz5a4gqS1VUky34ia9

Oh happy days…

818799D9-3E31-4377-BCE8-FA301B4426AC.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1