The Rumour Thread

27 minutes ago, Draznak said:

I also think for Underworlds...

Hope rises to the surface !

I'm still holding out hope for a more substantial reveal but all I really want is to see the overall aesthetic. My hobby plans have pretty much been on hold since the announcement last year. I need to know if this really is the army for me. The new Seraphon minis are looking mighty fine but I don't have the time or money for both. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

9lAAvjEgtiwv9Gtl.jpg

Something Destruction? Reminds me of the Ogre maces. 

99120213014_OMIronguts01.jpg

As an Ogre player, yeah that's 100% an Ogor mace. No one else has weapons in that style. Really the curious thing about this RE though, is that it seems a little plain to be a Character weapon. Butcher, maybe. Maneaters seem unlikely. New Ironguts would fit perfectly, but I don't think anyone expects new Ironguts.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Theres been some talk about possible dual kit of (new) Cities Ogres and Mawtribes Ogres.

I really hope it's for both Ogor mawtribes and cities if it turns out to be true. It'd feel kinda insulting if cities gets more new Ogors than the dedicated Ogor army lol.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, madmac said:

As an Ogre player, yeah that's 100% an Ogor mace. No one else has weapons in that style. Really the curious thing about this RE though, is that it seems a little plain to be a Character weapon. Butcher, maybe. Maneaters seem unlikely. New Ironguts would fit perfectly, but I don't think anyone expects new Ironguts.

Not gonna tell you anything new since you already play Ogres, but the Bulls/Gluttons are one of the older "battleline" kits still available on the AoS webstore. If I remember correctly they're from the early 2000s, so soon to be 20 y/o. Same for the Ironguts, Leadbelchers, Yetis etc. (All the BCR and stuff like the Ironblaster are more recent, AFAIK they're like mid 2010s). And from the new Zombies, Skeletons, Saurus, Chaos Warriors... GW likes to update your basic faction troops in modern plastic. 

Add that and the RE to the Whitefang rumour that some Destru factions are going to get some loving before the end of this edition... I'm not jumping to any conclusions, buuuut...

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

29 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

9lAAvjEgtiwv9Gtl.jpg

OSjxazSqvgAXh14E.jpg

25 minutes ago, madmac said:

17 minutes ago, EntMan said:

Theres been some talk about possible dual kit of (new) Cities Ogres and Mawtribes Ogres.

NEW OGORS!!!!!!!

COULD WE FINALLY BE GETTING THE LONG HOPIUMED OGOR MANEATER WARCRY WARBAND!?

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

NEW OGORS!!!!!!!

COULD WE FINALLY BE GETTING THE LONG HOPIUMED OGOR MANEATER WARCRY WARBAND!?

Whitefang said that destruction players who were disappointed with their battletome will get a second chance next year.

Tbh mawtribes missed out the most with not having new yhetees, butchers etc. Could this be the first sign of the great 2024 destruction wave for broken realms?

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

image.jpeg.47cdbffd15efd7cbac04503ba96d92d2.jpeg

Cities?

40 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

9lAAvjEgtiwv9Gtl.jpg

OSjxazSqvgAXh14E.jpg

BY SIGMAR

I was not expecting that (basically) confirmation for Cities! Underworlds or main game, now I'm 100% more hyped for this show than I've been for any the past 6 months!

Also, if this follows the pattern of us getting REs that get revealed the week they are shown (Warhammer World Open, New Years iirc), then we may actually be getting more than just an Underworlds Warband (first mini reveal, but a Maneater instead of the expected basic infantry/character?)

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Whitefang said that destruction players who were disappointed with their battletome will get a second chance next year.

Tbh mawtribes missed out the most with not having new yhetees, butchers etc. Could this be the first sign of the great 2024 destruction wave for broken realms?

Destruction "Wave"? ...No. Possibly a small trickle to existing older destro factions. If we see any large scale destruction love, it will be for an entirely new army faction.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

No seraphon rumours but apparently rally is going to get changed. From what I gather there will be a limit on how many wounds worth of models can be returned to a unit. He mentioned eight wounds.

This just incentivizes rallying elite stuff over hordes, which probably won't actually fix any problems since most of the armies with access to a 4+ rally can rally the elite stuff anyway (Boinggrots, melusae, etc)

5 hours ago, Grungnisson said:

The thing with Rally is that it now being a core rules mechanic, it became a tool that could have een used to simplify the game by taking rules load off other places. Maybe it could have replaced some summoning and healing. If your army used to support summoning of cheap and cheerfull foot soldiers, give them 4+ or 5+ Rally instead, depending on how reliale the summonign was before. If you have a costly elite army, that might have had a use of healing multi wound models in a unit? Again, as above. 

I've been wondering if that's how they're going to manage healing in soulblight.

5 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Reminder that today GW dropped a potential tease for Cities and Ogres less than one hour apart. 

In what timeline are we living in ? 

The timeline where Brettonians, Tomb Kings and Chaos Dwarves news dropped a week ago. After a year of nothing, we are now entering maximum overhype!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, Gothmaug said:

Destruction "Wave"? ...No. Possibly a small trickle to existing older destro factions. If we see any large scale destruction love, it will be for an entirely new army faction.

Even a small trickle would do wonders. Like, a 3 kits release for some Destruction factions, like what the NH and Sylvaneth got, would be very welcome I think. Everyone likes new minis. What do you think Destruction players ? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

18 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Ogors are on par with Skaven and Beasts of Chaos wity outdated minis. If we get a Sylvaneth sized updated next year Ill lose my mind.

5 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

The timeline where Brettonians, Tomb Kings and Chaos Dwarves news dropped a week ago. After a year of nothing, we are now entering maximum overhype!

We're not even in April yet and 2023 has blown 2022 out of the water!!

1 minute ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Even a small trickle would do wonders. Like, a 3 kits release for some Destruction factions, like what the NH and Sylvaneth got, would be very welcome I think. Everyone likes new minis. What do you think Destruction players ? 

LOVE IT.

I understand SOB not getting anything but if Warclans got a new Ironjawz, Bonesplitter and Kruelboyz unit.

Gloomspite got some more Gitmob.

And Mawtribes got updated Ironguts, Leadbelchers and Gluttons it would finally give reason to the ERA OF THE BEAST!!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

We're not even in April yet and 2023 has blown 2022 out of the water!!

We're definitely out of the dark ages for sure.

4 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Ogors are on par with Skaven and Beasts of Chaos wity outdated minis. If we get a Sylvaneth sized updated next year Ill lose my mind.

GW knows as well as we do that some ranges are really old. Imo, they just took their sweet time on Ogres because out of all the older ranges they're the ones that have aged the best. 
If you want some hopium about outdated minis being upgraded, remember we saw an Eldar update last year. Anything is now possible.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1