The Rumour Thread

And could always mirror the CoS update with FEC getting slightly outdated equipment(some even from the Lantic Empire days) while CoS have stuff closer to Belakor’s Legionnaires.

Would be a nice lead up from chaos to death to Order(and then maybe the future Frazzlegit’s followers wear the armor scraps going full circle with the new look for AoS mortal’s baseline soldiers)

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I've been thinking about it. What BoC unit would do the best to be redone as a Warcry band ? To me, it's the Bestigors. They're special enough to warrant a Warcry box, instead of Gors and Ungors who you need to keep (~) cheap (money wise) because they're your battleline. Whereas Bestigors ? They're elite, they're independant, could use diversity in their minis, they would fit right in Warcry. 

Mate thats a perfect idea!! Throw in some Chaos Warhounds to round them out or even 6 Bestigors and 3 Bullgors!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I've been thinking about it. What BoC unit would do the best to be redone as a Warcry band ? To me, it's the Bestigors. They're special enough to warrant a Warcry box, instead of Gors and Ungors who you need to keep (~) cheap (money wise) because they're your battleline. Whereas Bestigors ? They're elite, they're independant, could use diversity in their minis, they would fit right in Warcry. 

Or underworlds for that matter.

The lone Warcry Beastman they did in the Spire Tyrants was one of the most awesome model they released.

Such a shame he is tied to a StD warband.

Bestigor-Destroyer.jpg.webp

• Like 5

Slaanesh and Khorne fluff article.

Though the Blood God has very little interest in the vestiges of civilisation, his blood cults have nevertheless risen up in cities all over the Mortal Realms.* The promise of unrestrained violence tempts everyone from sullen veterans and embittered workers to bored bloodthirsty nobles into these barbarous sects.

Few of these cults worship Khorne directly. They turn instead to approximations and avatars – such as the porcine deity known as King Cleaver, venerated by the Butcherfolk of Hammerhal.** Even the indentured pit-fighters of Har Kuron have formed a cult known as the Red Ruin, born from the bitterness of innumerable defeats at the hands of Khainite gladiatrices.

Beyond the cities, the Lord of Slaughter’s gaze is frequently fixed on Ghur, where Dawnbringer columns and vast Waaaghs! fall under the axe of the Slaughterhosts. This vast rolling battle joined by the black-armoured Bloodthirsters known as the Baleful Lords, and the powerful ritualists of the Flayed.

On the other hand, the followers of Slaanesh are scattered to the winds, each host and hero pursuing their own obsessions. Glutos Orscollion the Grand Gourmand is ever the epicurean, and after feasting on the core of a Krondspine Incarnate he now salivates over the elemental flavours of the other seven realms.

While Slaanesh remains absent – still bound in Uhl-Gysh – the twins formed of his essence have attempted to sow discord in Settler’s Gain, whose civilians pursue a purer perfection under the watchful eyes of their aelven masters.

Despite inciting an unsuccessful rebellion, Synessa and Dexcessa have turned their attention to other cities, quietly confident that their exploitation of pride will eventually cripple the Lumineth Realm-lords’ pet project.

Far beyond the Mortal Realms, in the roiling realm of chaos, the Realm of Slaanesh keenly feels the loss of its master. At the centre of the six Circles of Seduction stands the towering Palace of Pleasure.

The debauched depravities undertaken by the daemons that reside within may lack that certain spark provided by the Lord of Sin, but many mortals are still tempted to explore this monument to obsession and obscenity.

Regardless of what the future holds for Khorne and Slaanesh, you can learn all about the current state of affairs for each faction in their respective Battletomes, which both go on pre-order tomorrow.

No comment.

H65o1xLJFmaMpabD.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

I love seeing art of new places in the Mortal Realms. The setting itself is a lot of times harder to imagine than its denizens. 

I do enjoy that they are able to let Hedonites be "absent" from the current conflicts in Ghur. I think trying to shoehorn every faction into the current location leads to a detriment for the story. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, DinoJon said:

I love seeing art of new places in the Mortal Realms. The setting itself is a lot of times harder to imagine than its denizens. 

I do enjoy that they are able to let Hedonites be "absent" from the current conflicts in Ghur. I think trying to shoehorn every faction into the current location leads to a detriment for the story. 

The lack of obligatory "and this is what they're doing in the gnarlwood!" Raises my silly hope for a beastmen warcry band.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Seraphon in the last week went from 29 listings to 17 listings in the US and UK. Notable things removed all references to Kroxigor, Saurus Knights, Start Collectings, Saurus Warriors, Sunblood, Skink Priest, Salamanders, Razordons, Scar-Vet on Cold One, Slann, and Skink Stareer.

So either we're getting new items that are underlined or they're just getting squatted (for now). I for one hope the Spawn of Chotec makes an equally impressize razordon variant. I do love my Skink Priests but we do have a lot.... a lot of support heroes. 

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

That's a...wow

What you don't see is the fact that the Slaanesh symbol on the top is actually the tip of a fountain of sweet Slaaneshi nectar of unknown origin.

Also I heard that the ribbed texture of the rock provide quite the sensations to anyone wanting to rub his back against it.

H65o1xLJFmaMpabD.jpg

4 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Seraphon in the last week went from 29 listings to 17 listings in the US and UK. Notable things removed all references to Kroxigor, Saurus Knights, Start Collectings, Saurus Warriors, Sunblood, Skink Priest, Salamanders, Razordons, Scar-Vet on Cold One, Slann, and Skink Stareer.

So either we're getting new items that are underlined or they're just getting squatted (for now). I for one hope the Spawn of Chotec makes an equally impressize razordon variant. I do love my Skink Priests but we do have a lot.... a lot of support heroes. 

I don't think anything will be squatted. 

The only thing I can think of that has been dropped from a 3rd edition battletome is the branchwraith, even tho the model is still available. 

My guess is the kroxigor and saurus cav are yet to be revealed and the alternative build of the sally hasn't be shown yet like what happened with the chaos lord. 

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 hours ago, Ogregut said:

I don't think anything will be squatted. 

The only thing I can think of that has been dropped from a 3rd edition battletome is the branchwraith, even tho the model is still available. 

My guess is the kroxigor and saurus cav are yet to be revealed and the alternative build of the sally hasn't be shown yet like what happened with the chaos lord. 

idk, I think maybe the Skink Priest might be rolled into the Starpriest in some way, might be wrong though.

I do think we will get the cav and kroxigors though. I just pray we get an army box!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Goatforce said:

idk, I think maybe the Skink Priest might be rolled into the Starpriest in some way, might be wrong though.

I do think we will get the cav and kroxigors though. I just pray we get an army box!

I didn't realise they were separate units lol. You might be right there. 

I hope there is a army box as well, I've got birthday gift vouchers waiting to be spent! 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

7 hours ago, Goatforce said:

I could believe that, the presence of 3+ different classes of skink wizard really feels like an artefact of the WHFB/AoS transition. That said, they do seem to be emphasising the hierarchy in the background so who knows.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I think there's also a plastic skink hero as part of the carnosaur kit, who can be assembled on a separate base?  So they could just say that he's now the infantry skink priest.

Only the Saurus can be assembled on foot, the Skink only has feet for riding the Troglodon. Of course you can still do it with some work but since its not as easy as follow the instructions GW won't do it.

But if the Skink Starseer includes two torsos you would be able to build both Skink variants from one kit as the head/arms/legs are different so if there won't be a new Skink Priest and they don't just discontinue it this would be a way for GW to still include them without making another kit.

• Like 1

Wow! Coming back to Whitefang hinting at Kurnothi..fantastic. A little war band maybe? Other than dwarfs I'm very interested in them- have a little converted war band with centaurs and they just look great. Although I'm guessing these will be more like regular wood elves rather than the faun/centaur elves. I'm sure they will look ace and hopefully suitably wild!

On the dwarf side of things I wonder fi we might get a nice Grombrindal model for Warhammerfest this year? Not expecting much else for dwarfs at the moment [unless for OldWorld] but I'm getting my dwarf fix with the Votann in 40k. 

Looking forward to seeing the Lizzies get their day in the sun!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Wow! Coming back to Whitefang hinting at Kurnothi..fantastic. A little war band maybe?

I don't think Whitefang would've dropped that big a rumour about them if they were coming back only as a Warcry warband... To me, they're in the pipeline for a "main" AoS release later down the line. Maybe to close off the Era of the Beast against all the new Destruction stuff he hinted at. Maybe later. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, silverstu said:

Looking forward to seeing the Lizzies get their day in the sun!

As cold blooded creatures, it'll do them wonders I'm sure ! 

• Like 1