The Rumour Thread

Not to be a negative nancy, but regarding the elves vs dwarfs content distribution, I think the simple fact that people need to acknowledge is that elves are more popular, so they sell better, and so they get more support. Fyreslayers started the race with a broken knee (lackluster models for a haphazard concept) and I can't imagine their sales have inspired much confidence in GW.

11 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

Too bad they couldn't fit in some Grotbag Scuttlers in the new Gits book.  Especially after reading the Drekki Flynt book, they have a neat aerial battle in there.

I think armies like Grotbag Scuttlers and Root Kings (anyone remember the wishlisting for those guys?) aren't meant to be hints about what's coming, rather just authors having fun with the setting and (intentionally or not) inspiring players to make conversions. GW isn't saying, "We're going to make goblins with looted Kharadron ships!" it's them going, "Hey, this is a cool idea, right? Now go buy two armies worth of models to make it."

On this subject, how many lore "hints" have actually turned out to be new armies? "Angelic elves" became Lumineth, but all the other releases I can think of just showed up and were justified in-lore after-the-fact ("They were totally there, guys. They were just hiding... uh... in the sky/under the water/in a swamp.")

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

@Vasshpit All kinds of crazy contraptions, about a third of which blow themselves up or crash.  But the flagship is called the Jolly Orruck, with a gigantic, stitched-shut, enflated squig as a zepplin balloon that's pulled forward by two chained maw-crushas and fires squig catapults.  If that doesn't inspire a Grotbag Scuttlers army I don't know what will!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 hours ago, EonChao said:

I mean the Warcry warband for Soulblight in Bloodhunt are vampires who hunt predators in Ghur to drink their blood and resist their bestial nature. So it could well be them. Or a warband from the next Underworlds set.

Fair enough. I think I was just assuming monk themed vampires wouldn't be led by a count but it's not like we know their names or anything. Gotta say both Bloodhunt warbands are really cool regardless.

If it's an Underworlds set instead I'm excited to see, but I'm a sucker for Vampire stuff.

4 hours ago, RileyArlic said:

So... we're expecting that the last Warcry box will have Slaanesh cultists versus something, yes? It would fit the pattern so far. 

But then others are thinking that it might be Beasts of Chaos vs Spider Grots, due to an old rumor that suggested we were getting new models for those factions?

Personally, my BoC speculation is less to do with there being an old Beastmen vs Gits rumour, and more to do with the way the Gnarlwood map has four areas highlighted: Skinslough Fen (Nurgle), The Wyrdlights (Tzeentch), Bloodmad Ravage (Khorne), and The Tainted Wound (Undivided).

The core book notes that The Tainted Wound is where the Beastmen have been congregating. 

48 minutes ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

@Vasshpit All kinds of crazy contraptions, about a third of which blow themselves up or crash.  But the flagship is called the Jolly Orruck, with a gigantic, stitched-shut, enflated squig as a zepplin balloon that's pulled forward by two chained maw-crushas and fires squig catapults.  If that doesn't inspire a Grotbag Scuttlers army I don't know what will!

https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/327496204167641792/

Like this converted guys

9d34b6cdddd9ae5a8909587fa3b868f8.jpg

Edited by Freemeta
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 2

7 hours ago, KriticalKhan said:

I think armies like Grotbag Scuttlers and Root Kings (anyone remember the wishlisting for those guys?) aren't meant to be hints about what's coming, rather just authors having fun with the setting and (intentionally or not) inspiring players to make conversions.

Maybe. But take in mind that there is a diference between both of them: root kings appeared as a background of one Black Library book (Spear of shadows) and Grotbag Skuttlers appeared in at least 4 battletomes before their fist "big" book apparition (black'eart). 

At this point, Grottbag skuttlers have more hints as a new faction than the river temple from Lumineth.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Akylas said:

Fair enough. I think I was just assuming monk themed vampires wouldn't be led by a count but it's not like we know their names or anything. Gotta say both Bloodhunt warbands are really cool regardless.

If it's an Underworlds set instead I'm excited to see, but I'm a sucker for Vampire stuff.

I mean it's vampires, I could see it being a tongue in cheek joke that one of the monks was a count and they still call themselves that despite it not fitting their new monk existence. Or it could just be that the writers were told there's a Soulblight vampire warband but didn't see the models until after the map was finalized/forgot to update it.

6 hours ago, LordSolarMach said:

Personally, my BoC speculation is less to do with there being an old Beastmen vs Gits rumour, and more to do with the way the Gnarlwood map has four areas highlighted: Skinslough Fen (Nurgle), The Wyrdlights (Tzeentch), Bloodmad Ravage (Khorne), and The Tainted Wound (Undivided).

The core book notes that The Tainted Wound is where the Beastmen have been congregating. 

What if it's a Slaangor themed warband. Smaller ones than the Slaangor Fiendbloods, that occupy a similar area to regular Tzzangor (with the Fiendbloods being equivalent to Enlightened). Maybe, to fit the Nightmare Quest title, a type of Slaangor that focus excessively on maintaining their human aspect, becoming a pageant of questing heroes in a similar way to the Flesh-Eater Courts without the delusions.

Mostly I'm just hoping for a Destruction warband, be it Spiderfang Forest Grots or Savage Orruks as they would both fit the setting and give love to a largely ignored part of those factions.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 minutes ago, EonChao said:

I mean it's vampires, I could see it being a tongue in cheek joke that one of the monks was a count and they still call themselves that despite it not fitting their new monk existence. Or it could just be that the writers were told there's a Soulblight vampire warband but didn't see the models until after the map was finalized/forgot to update it.

Sometimes the locations on the map don't directly point towards any of the warbands. Dreadfang's Tower, for example, is just the place where King Velmorn got his cursed crown from in his character fluff, so we probably won't see a Dreadfang warband. Count Moltaire's Bloodhunt might turn out to be a background element, as well. That or we still get an FEC warband in Nightmare Quest.

• Like 4

The warcry maps have rarely really correlated with the actual warband releases, to my memory, even Catacombs had a whole, brand new, underground map with various faction symbols, but only two warbands were ever part of the Catacombs release (and even then the flame guys were clearly held back from the initial set of 8 realm-themed warbands as they were referenced directly in the first core book.)

The maps are mostly just for flavour and so people have a few specific named regions to theme their warbands around if they want to.

• Like 4

Stopit! 

This thread is about creating elaborate theories about future releases based on useless information (and random emojis by Whitefang).

How dare you come here with logic and references to empirical accuracy! 

Btw i say next release (after Seraphon) is silent people. Because there has been a big silence about the release, and If THAT isnt a huge hint....

;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Sometimes the locations on the map don't directly point towards any of the warbands. Dreadfang's Tower, for example, is just the place where King Velmorn got his cursed crown from in his character fluff, so we probably won't see a Dreadfang warband. Count Moltaire's Bloodhunt might turn out to be a background element, as well. That or we still get an FEC warband in Nightmare Quest.

Oh definitely, it could all be background stuff. Although you getting a heart react from Whitefang makes me wonder if you're right about that FEC warband in Nightmare Quest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koala said:

Btw i say next release (after Seraphon) is silent people. Because there has been a big silence about the release, and If THAT isnt a huge hint....

No it's definitely Water Temple Lumineth because (a) when you're underwater sound is muffled and (b) Lumineth haven't had a release in over six months now...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EonChao said:

...What if it's a Slaangor themed warband. Smaller ones than the Slaangor Fiendbloods, that occupy a similar area to regular Tzzangor (with the Fiendbloods being equivalent to Enlightened)...

My wish would be for a Centigor dual kit, that had traditional ones also buildable as a new HoS-specific variant.

And to continue wishlisting, vs Spiderfang.

//

Though yes, the "don't try to read into the map" comment's 'like' does have me swerving away from that and back to a full Slaanesh warband.

Edited by LordSolarMach
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 hours ago, EonChao said:

What if it's a Slaangor themed warband. Smaller ones than the Slaangor Fiendbloods, that occupy a similar area to regular Tzzangor (with the Fiendbloods being equivalent to Enlightened). Maybe, to fit the Nightmare Quest title, a type of Slaangor that focus excessively on maintaining their human aspect, becoming a pageant of questing heroes in a similar way to the Flesh-Eater Courts without the delusions.

Mostly I'm just hoping for a Destruction warband, be it Spiderfang Forest Grots or Savage Orruks as they would both fit the setting and give love to a largely ignored part of those factions.

Seeing as how the vast majority of my Disciples of Tzeentch army is Tzaangors in all their forms, I can say with utmost certainty that I would love for some more Slaangors to pad out Slaanesh's Hedonites. However, I'm also hoping that we get a unit based on the spear wielding acrobat from the Dread Pageant warband, as it would fit the theme of Slaanesh's mortals being a giant murder-carnival:Unknown.jpeg.ff04868db51793e06e3faf76f65b75ed.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, EonChao said:

My fingers are tightly crossed now for one of 3 Warbands.

Gloomspite Troggoth Warband.

Warclans Bonesplitterz.

Warclans Ironjawz.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

29 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Seeing as how the vast majority of my Disciples of Tzeentch army is Tzaangors in all their forms, I can say with utmost certainty that I would love for some more Slaangors to pad out Slaanesh's Hedonites. However, I'm also hoping that we get a unit based on the spear wielding acrobat from the Dread Pageant warband, as it would fit the theme of Slaanesh's mortals being a giant murder-carnival:Unknown.jpeg.ff04868db51793e06e3faf76f65b75ed.jpeg

I would be absolutely overjoyed if we got on foot glaive wielders in Hedonites - feels like a gap in the roster. 

• Like 2

Just now, Captaniser said:

Anybody else think that the Seraphon army box will consist of a Slaan, 10 saurus and 10 raptodon hunters/chargers? Would mirror the StD army box closely and cover the initial reveals.

Seems logical! I would love it if they subbed out a unit of Raptordons for one other new kit but honestly if it's like that list above I would still buy 2 boxes >.>

• Like 2