The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Definitely do. Just how it sets up a sub-realm of floating continent “planets” via exploding turtle god-beast sucking up all the oceans into a void is worth it for how AoS does such a great job at world building these bizarre realmscapes.

On rumor notes I wonder if this unsolved rumor engine could help Grotbags case any.

image.jpeg.2f530a808f5e11d1714c06886d277cc7.jpeg

oh that's got a checkerboard pattern on it, that's an original O&G throwback yea?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, novakai said:

I been hoping for more flying armies like KO and i felt they been teasing Grotbag scuttler more so then other potential new armies beside Shadow Aelf/Malakith.

Then again, IF Grotbag scuttlers ever happen in this edition i would just assume they be a part of Gloomspite (despite the lore saying Gloomspite and Grotbag are separate tribes) only because of GW and how Kruleboyz was sort of part of Warclans despite being unique enough to be their own army.

but if they are a seperate army i do hope Gitz get their battletome first just for the sake of their community lol.

They could make a book with grotbag & gitmob. Gitmob basically worship the sun which is about as far from moonclan as you can get. Then they can throw little waaagh!!! in the book too.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Just re-read the section with Blackheart in Arkanauts Oath. 

Blackheart's ship is as massive SD described before and held aloft with a giant inflated squig. It's also pulled by 2 mawkrushas for a short bit for extra speed..

The important thing to note is that the flying grots aren't called doom-divers anymore. They were called "Wing Boyz" and were used to board the ship. 

@Beliman covered most of what I said so please give him all the props 

Edited by DinoJon
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Just re-read the section with Blackheart in Arkanauts Oath. 

Blackheart's ship is as massive SD described before and held aloft with a giant inflated squig. It's also pulled by 2 mawkrushas for a short bit for extra speed..

The important thing to note is that the flying grots aren't called doom-divers anymore. They were called "Wing Boyz" and were used to board the ship. 

Wingboyz would make sense if today’s rumor engine is for them. That could be a tail to allow them to actually control themselves and land “safely” compared to Doom divers whose whole thing was to be launched in a general direction while high on shrooms and break their neck impaling someone.

Could justify why they and the mushroom mad Gloomspite are seperate if the Grotbags are relatively more sober and sane.

Squig zeppelins sound exactly what kitbashers have been hoping for.

image.jpeg.e6d7e0a8c19efd94d6e0f11090168ef8.jpeg

image.jpeg.5c9873679201c791f639374f887115b6.jpeg
image.jpeg.5e4a585d90801ca77a6a9e629f79ad50.jpeg

It may take 10 or 20 years but one day… we’ll have these boys facing down Deepkin whales and Leviadons in the Aether high above.

image.jpeg.4fa7c5c9cf2b13d8019538b62c85e3c9.jpeg
uab5fgcyecj91.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

As a Destruction-lover, my #1 desire (other than the release of the damn mawtribe book) is for a brand new Destruction faction. Something that isn't the standard orcs/gobbos/giants/ogres/etc that we've had for decades. Every grand allegiance has had one or more entirely new species except for Destruction. And Kruelboyz don't count, they're just orcs again.

There's so much creative opportunity here, whether they're the titular "Silent People" or not.

Absolutely we need something not Green or Big Ladish.

Give me a Faction of just Were People. Werewolves, Werebears, Weremoose anything!!

15 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Wingboyz would make sense if today’s rumor engine is for them. That could be a tail to allow them to actually control themselves and land “safely” compared to Doom divers whose whole thing was to be launched in a general direction while high on shrooms and break their neck impaling someone.

Could justify why they and the mushroom mad Gloomspite are seperate if the Grotbags are relatively more sober and sane.

Squig zeppelins sound exactly what kitbashers have been hoping for.

image.jpeg.e6d7e0a8c19efd94d6e0f11090168ef8.jpeg

image.jpeg.5c9873679201c791f639374f887115b6.jpeg
image.jpeg.5e4a585d90801ca77a6a9e629f79ad50.jpeg

It may take 10 or 20 years but one day… we’ll have these boys facing down Deepkin whales and Leviadons in the Aether high above.

image.jpeg.4fa7c5c9cf2b13d8019538b62c85e3c9.jpeg
uab5fgcyecj91.jpg

GIVE US DEEPKIN WHALES GW AND CHARGE THE £120 THAT WE ALL KNOW YOU WILL JUST DO IT YOU COWARDS!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Ganigumo said:

They could make a book with grotbag & gitmob. Gitmob basically worship the sun which is about as far from moonclan as you can get. Then they can throw little waaagh!!! in the book too.

Gitmob worships the Evil Sun, a staple symbol from old O&G and greenskins even in 40k...it would be a nice "contrast" on the gloomspite\bad moon iconography(maybe even using a similar rule as the Bad Moon influence).
The term "Wing boyz" seems TOO SPECIFIC imho to be a coincidence.....

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I saw that yesterday but been too busy posting the Real Rough riders on my discords instead.

That aside, the Hexbane Cavalier looks ace.

the baggage actually matches up with how much stuff the Ven Densts are packing since the new Militarum aesthetic is they got lots of equipment to show they’re working deep in enemy territory on any planet at a moment’s notice.

Hopefully Dawners get the same treatment with lots of bags and backpacks to show they’re traveling across the mega-continents of the Realms and having to supply, camp and fight in all kinds of hostile & eldritch locations far from the Innerlands.

Wouldn’t mind the duardin’s wagon-pulling Dobkine in that vein for the Ironweld units artillery.

Dobkine are a variety of bovine that are covered in chitinous armor. The duardin of Clan Halgrimm use then as beasts of burden, pulling large carts and wagons laden with war gear and supplies, as well as their field artillery.

They are squat, bovid creatures with chitinous armor and long antennae.“

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Nezzhil said:

Next week for both.

Are you implying that the Ogor book is coming next week?  The leagues of Votann article heavily implied that they were up for pre-order after Underworlds. 

It will be interesting to finally see what they've done with the battlescroll. 

In other news did people see that gw are hiring for a matched play developer for 40k? 

https://jobs.games-workshop.com/search-and-apply/warhammer-40000-games-developer

I wonder if they will do the same for AoS. 

28 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Are you implying that the Ogor book is coming next week?  The leagues of Votann article heavily implied that they were up for pre-order after Underworlds. 

In other news did people see that gw are hiring for a matched play developer for 40k? 

https://jobs.games-workshop.com/search-and-apply/warhammer-40000-games-developer

TBF both can go on preorder at the same time, since the Ogor release isn’t that big they can just slated right in

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Their salaries are so low they will struggle to retain anyone other than post grads with no familial responsibilities. When I interviewed for an AOS writer a few years back, they were offering something like £20k pa ($22.6k)

• Sad 4

8 hours ago, Bog_Goblin said:

One of the old doom diver models had a mallet goblin:

I wonder if they've started slotting old world models into rumour engines.

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Absolutely we need something not Green or Big Ladish.

Give me a Faction of just Were People. Werewolves, Werebears, Weremoose anything!!

100% agreed. I hate that until now destruction has been the comic relief faction. That said, with kragnos and kruleboyz they seem to be experimenting to a certain extent with a darker more savage look.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

100% agreed. I hate that until now destruction has been the comic relief faction. That said, with kragnos and kruleboyz they seem to be experimenting to a certain extent with a darker more savage look.

I dont really understand why it has been the comic relief faction. I think the orruks and gitz are about as dark and savage as u can get. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Their salaries are so low they will struggle to retain anyone other than post grads with no familial responsibilities. When I interviewed for an AOS writer a few years back, they were offering something like £20k pa ($22.6k)

That's a shame to hear.  I hope it's getting better. They have got £5000 bonuses for the last three years so it's not all bad.

I like the work that Mathew Rose and Sam Pearson have been doing recently. I hope they pay them enough to keep them around. 

21 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I dont really understand why it has been the comic relief faction. I think the orruks and gitz are about as dark and savage as u can get. 

Is some of it because of association with 40k Orks? There is definitely intended comic relief there.

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

No, I was claiming that we are got news next week