The Rumour Thread

Huh, so today was an AoS reveal.

I absolutely bloody love those Rough Riders they're actually perfect in a converters eyes. The aesthetic would fit perfectly in both settings, not too futuristic, not too primitive. 

I wasn't too excited for the Rough Riders as I thought they would have too much of that Regiment's design to make it a nightmare to make them say, regular Cadian troops or someone in a Freeguild, but the uniforms are spot on imo. Just a simple headswap and you've got all sorts.

Top reveal, I would genuinely do an army of these. Can't wait to see the Lord Solar model, especially if it has that classic Napoleon pose as the artwork suggests.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I thought so too until I watched the preview video, I think it might be too much Imperial greebles. Especially the brand in its flank :/

Generally it hard to tell how convertible a model is until the spues are shown. Though usually head swaps are pretty guarantee but other things are harder as GW have shifted to making models less modular then the older days.

granted the plastic mold line remover blade they sell is pretty good at removing iconography if people want to put the effort in converting.

• Like 1

One nice thing is if you go Ghurian Freeguild rider you don’t even have to remove the lance grenade. In the Kragnos novel the Ghur reclaimed troops used explosive fruit grenades.

Just paint it up like a fruit(pineapple easy) and you can go Donkey King 64 on the enemy. :D 

It’s both less crazy(not a full shrapnel explosive) And more crazy(naturally growing explosive) at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

I am actually getting more and more hyped every day about a potential bigger Gitz release. Rumour engines that look like could be Gitz and some mentions of Spiderfang are getting my hopes up about some good stuff early next year. And after all the 3.0 tomes so far i really cant wait to see what they did with the Gitz one. Please rework the gobbapalooza into something worthwhile this time, dont want to keep running them as shamans.

1 hour ago, Gitzdee said:

And 3.0 has like 2 years left? Makes me wonder how big those releases are going to be or else everything is updated before the end of 2023.

Also spreading some Troggoth love 👍.

Im hoping that we get massive releases now and most of the single model Factions are done.

Cheers mate!! Im really hyped for Gitz right now at the prospect of new Troggoths and of course Spiderfang!!

34 minutes ago, Nos said:

That horse looks like the end of a game of Buckaroo

Mate I spat my tea at this comment.

• Haha 1

Next week also confirmed another massive Imperial Guard reveal. Could it be Catachans? Theyre my favourite of all the 40K Imperium armies and are just a Faction of Soldiers from Predator.

Cannot wait to see a range refresh of them!!*

*Did I just become hyped for a 40K reveal?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I think it's safe to say that we might see some conversions of these makes their way over to AoS. 

rM5IpHvP1Ber9UJa.jpg

I'm expecting some new "Not-Kislev" riders will be joining various Cities of Sigmar armies in the coming months.

47 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Apart from the Horus Heresy you mean?

*Laughs in GA: Death units*

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Next week also confirmed another massive Imperial Guard reveal. Could it be Catachans? Theyre my favourite of all the 40K Imperium armies and are just a Faction of Soldiers from Predator.

The Catachans have had some nice limited release heroes fairly recently, so if a new kit is anywhere that quality I think people will be happy. 

• LOVE IT! 1

20 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Apparently there are new Catachans on the way at some point but not in this wave. The big reveal is almost definitely the new tank. 

Honestly I think the new Imperial guard release is a pretty good template for what we might see with the cities release. 

3 infantry kits, 1 cavalry kit, 2 Ironweld arsenal kits. 1 small steampunk walker. 1 new super steam tank, a centrepiece hero, a named character and 2 support heroes. If a few of those kits can be dual build we could have close to 20 units in the first wave. 

With 40k getting all the love at least it's not just Marines again. We are seeing quite a few 20 year kits being replaced and the imperial guard haven't had a proper release for 8 years which is longer than AoS has been a thing. 

Now that much of 40k is quite well up to date, it's time for the studio to revamp some of the older AoS minis.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

The way things are going? I'd take one new mini and a reprinted tome over no mini and a reprinted tome.

£32 to carry on playing with rules you (mostly) already have?

(Sorry, I'm in a cynical mood today ☹️)

Edit - sorry, I didn't read your message properly before I responded.

Edited by EntMan

Just now, EntMan said:

£32 to carry on playing with rules you (mostly) already have?

(Sorry, I'm in a cynical mood today ☹️)

No need to apologize, I'm also in a bad mood today. We finally get Tomb Kings news last week and it turns out just to be a map, and GW decided to only give us two articles today (comics don't count) and one of them was Armies on Parade.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

The way things are going? I'd take one new mini and a reprinted tome over no mini and a reprinted tome.

I just wish their was some variety in the new mini. Like give us a piece of artillery or an upgrade sprue for an old unit. Or even a medium sized monster. That is assuming a full unit is to much to ask for. It I just strange that it is almost always a hero on foot

Especially for armies spoilt for hero choices and lacking in support units like Fyreslayers.

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

No need to apologize, I'm also in a bad mood today. We finally get Tomb Kings news last week and it turns out just to be a map, and GW decided to only give us two articles today (comics don't count) and one of them was Armies on Parade.

On the plus side - the new FreeGuild heavy cavalry looks good although they seem to have made a mistake at the top of the lance.image.png.f4ccbe85eb8303a6133fb692f803b4f7.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, EntMan said:

On the plus side - the new FreeGuild heavy cavalry looks good although they seem to have made a mistake at the top of the lance.image.png.f4ccbe85eb8303a6133fb692f803b4f7.png

Nah, that grenade lance can work for a number of kitbashes.

Ghurian/Ghyranian scout- explosive fruit grenade they spear through first.

Ironweld cavalry with experimental shaped-charge explosives.

Aqshy cavalry with incendiary bomb while they and their firey horse wear runic flame-resistant materials.

Shyishian/Azyrite Penitant cavalry hoping the explosive finale sees their souls reforged and join the ranks of the Anvils of Heldenhammer. 👍 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Nah, that grenade lance can work for a number of kitbashes.

Ghurian/Ghyranian scout- explosive fruit grenade they spear through first.

Ironweld cavalry with experimental shaped-charge explosives.

Aqshy cavalry with incendiary bomb while they and their firey horse wear runic flame-resistant materials.

Shyishian/Azyrite Penitant cavalry hoping the explosive finale sees their souls reforged and join the ranks of the Anvils of Heldenhammer. 👍 

He's definitely FreeGuild/Ironweld - the moustache is a give away.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

The old kits are showing their age

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-1987.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Jagged Red Lines
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

On the plus side - the new FreeGuild heavy cavalry looks good although they seem to have made a mistake at the top of the lance.

I'm not into 40k, but damn they look great (minus the head).

Makes me want to see some knights/cavalry for the Dawnbringer Crusade

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EntMan said:

Definitely puts the Outriders I am working on right now into perspective, I'll tell you that for free.

I really like the grenade lance, that could totally be an AoS thing. I wonder if kitbashing these guys with Demigryph knights could be done. Although the smart move is probably to just wait for the new Cities models.

5 hours ago, EntMan said:

Even if it's more cut and paste Tomes with single minis?

I swear down mate if they single release mini those releases Ill lose it!!

You cant do a whole Edition and only release 2 Duardin minis for 2 different Duardin Factions.

Seraphon deserve a range refresh as much as Skaven and BOC.

FEC need more units and variety and has some of the largest potential for releases of any Faction that GW could capitilise on.

Gloomspite are one of the best selling AOS Factions so deserve a Wave 2 of minis and even though SOB got a new kit, it is technically an upgrade SPRUE, you cant leave an entire Alliance with only giving 1 Faction a proper update during THEIR marketed Edition.

3 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

The old kits are showing their age

Arnold-Schwarzenegger-1987.jpeg.jpg

predator-handshake.gif

• Like 2