The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Public Universal Duardin said:

Troggoths would be really awesome! I feel like they are really underutilised by GW in general - their design is humorous yet menacing, I'd dare to even call their design iconic. Maybe GW feels that Ogors already fill up that design space? But you'd think they'd fit right in the smaller side games~

They truly are iconic. Warhammer FB Trolls have such a unique look and then AOS turned the detail and menace up to 11. 

If GW feels that way I would like them to double down it and at least release more Ogors!! Troggoths and Ogors GW make them happen!!

I think a unit of 3 Forest Troggoths as a Warcry Warband would be incredible.

• Like 2

I can't believe they just kind of left cult of the transient form as-is. At least its not paired with the worst artefact & command trait in the book anymore but yeesh.

Its one of my favorite subfactions from a narrative and conceptual standpoint but that rule is just awful and always has been.

I havent gotten through everything yet but my overall impression so far is that its weaker, but I don't have the sense that the book is too weak.

• Like 1

My heart goes out to DoT players. This book looks totally phoned in. Barely any meaningful changes (ironically), tons of copy/pasted content, and nothing interesting added or issues fixed.

Whether the army is "good" or "bad," I can't say. There's just nothing about it that's exciting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

50 minutes ago, Mutton said:

My heart goes out to DoT players. This book looks totally phoned in. Barely any meaningful changes (ironically), tons of copy/pasted content, and nothing interesting added or issues fixed.

Whether the army is "good" or "bad," I can't say. There's just nothing about it that's exciting.

*Sad Mummy and Bird noises*  

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA WHY ARE ALL OF MY FAVORITE ARMIES EITHER NERFED OR SQUATTED?!?!?! @MitGas! What shal wee do brother?

Edited by Twisted Firaun

6 hours ago, EntMan said:

It's Free Kin Space Dwarf Day!

IMG_20220924_112935856.jpg.19d140615c517080c765b44547d491be.jpg

And the other side:IMG_20220924_112850041.jpg.0ef91cf502a1053e87fab1e4c83d7a77.jpg

I will update later with a Kharadron torso size comparison if anyone is interested.

Kharodron size comparison: IMG_20220924_181600040.jpg.88da18bda7b2cfbaff2c95ed28a7f878.jpg

and a bit of playing about with heads (improvised, will look better with a bit of trimming) original, Necrosquat and Fyreslayer :

IMG_20220924_182002569.jpg.70c9be2999e1eed45fa02af2936bc3c6.jpg

IMG_20220924_182435510.jpg.96c2708497d05aed0ab0d0cc6986b107.jpg

IMG_20220924_182819141.jpg.87d1a6780acb3043b0c4bf53aaecc679.jpg

Conclusion - these guys will make good Kharadron conversion fodder. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

50 minutes ago, Twisted Firaun said:

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA WHY ARE ALL OF MY FAVORITE ARMIES EITHER NERFED OR SQUATTED?!?!?! @MitGas! What shal wee do brother?

I mean they’ve been top-tier since 2017, a lateral nerf move that keeps them mostly the same but with a few new Endless Spell tricks isn’t exactly a catastrophe.

Pretty much fits the AoS3 cycle of watering the tomes down so they’re still flavorful but the rules aren’t crazy to keep it simple.

Lore bits so far are interesting with some  Dawner crusades being manipulated to hit ally colonies like the Lumineth who are starting to spread through the realms as a new young race(despite being aelves) seeking to expand their empires and Barak-Thryng are re-engaging the Aether Wars with Tzeentch having been spurred on by Grungni to reclaim the Realm of Metal. 

So Lumineth and Kharadron are pretty active rather than sitting around. With the last Kharadron update saying they were looking to work closer with Lumineth for new magi-tech rather than seek Grungni and the ancestors help I wonder how much they’ll be aiding the Lumineth in expanding their new colonies?

Could be a future Order vs Order kerfuffle with rebooted CoS Dawncrusades having both Greywater forces & Tzeentch-manipulated Dawners butt heads with the spreading Lumineth as Kharadron profit off both sides and attack either that’ll net them more aethergold.

7 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

They truly are iconic. Warhammer FB Trolls have such a unique look and then AOS turned the detail and menace up to 11. 

If GW feels that way I would like them to double down it and at least release more Ogors!! Troggoths and Ogors GW make them happen!!

I think a unit of 3 Forest Troggoths as a Warcry Warband would be incredible.

One thing that’ll I miss with the Ogor update is they’ll “lose” their special ally ability with all Troggoths. As of now it’s been a fun quirk they can take only troggoth allies but from both Orruks and Gloomspite.

The ally options all being streamlined to just say the whole faction instead of focusing on keywords so Ogors can now take moongrot swarms as gnoblar fanatics, spidergrot cavalry to ride beside their beasts as frost-crawlers, Orruk Brutes & Kruleboyz spears joining in on a Waaagh buffet, Krule crossbows & Leadbelcher volley lines, Mangler Squig death-snowballs heralding a Everwinter charge.

All great stuff but I’ll still miss the unique hungry boi alliance.

IMG_0675.png

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

I mean they’ve been top-tier since 2017, a lateral nerf move that keeps them mostly the same but with a few new Endless Spell tricks isn’t exactly a catastrophe.

Pretty much fits the AoS3 cycle of watering the tomes down so they’re still flavorful but the rules aren’t crazy to keep it simple.

Lore bits so far are interesting with some  Dawner crusades being manipulated to hit ally colonies like the Lumineth who are starting to spread through the realms as a new young race(despite being aelves) seeking to expand their empires and Barak-Thryng are re-engaging the Aether Wars with Tzeentch having been spurred on by Grungni to reclaim the Realm of Metal. 

So Lumineth and Kharadron are pretty active rather than sitting around. With the last Kharadron update saying they were looking to work closer with Lumineth for new magi-tech rather than seek Grungni and the ancestors help I wonder how much they’ll be aiding the Lumineth in expanding their new colonies?

Could be a future Order vs Order kerfuffle with rebooted CoS Dawncrusades having both Greywater forces & Tzeentch-manipulated Dawners butt heads with the spreading Lumineth as Kharadron profit off both sides and attack either that’ll net them more aethergold.

I knew it was bound to happen, I was just being dramatic for the heck of it. 

Personally I like the idea of Tzeentch fighting with the Kharadron and Lumineth throughout the realms and Dawnbringer Crusades. Tzeentch is both the most reworked and static chaos god in the setting (even moreso than Khorne), he’s mostly been spinning webs and twisting the realms to his whims. Now though, with the Kharadron Overlords finding ways to cancel magic and the Lumineth purifying the realms, the Architect of Fate has foes who can actively challenge him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

Oh, I expected an overall nerf. What I hoped for was that lower points games would be possible now but I guess T will stay an army that is kinda unplayable below 2k as we need our magic to make things work.

Also, to be blunt those 42€ are the most change for the least change possible. 😅 A bit more new stuff would‘ve been nice. 

Anyways, time to play with the new rules but more expensive units/heroes with nerfs will definitely make it less fun for people that don‘t try to field broken lists/combos I think. 

I‘ll play Tzeentch with the crappiest rules too (I remember a time where in 40k Tzeentch/1k Sons was so hella bad, he was on his own tier) but ideally it is somewhat fair against the armies in my group. 

2 hours ago, Baron Klatz said:

I don't think they've been top tier since 3rd edition dropped. If I remember correctly last time someone threw up the win rates they were something like bottom third? The prevalence of save stacking in particular rendered them mostly incapable of doing damage and the repeated nerfs eventually made them pretty awful. They were propped up by Archaon for a while but when he lost access to allegiance abilities they were pretty much done for. The new book does have some options to deal with saves through spell debuffs, but a lot of stuff also got worse and the agendas were completely removed. The biggest saving grace is the tactics/grand strategies are pretty easy so they'll still win games, but that's a pretty lame way to make an army competitive. I think they have a couple solid lists but they're not going to be fun for anyone to play with or against.

Edited by Grimrock
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, MitGas said:

Oh, I expected an overall nerf. What I hoped for was that lower points games would be possible now but I guess T will stay an army that is kinda unplayable below 2k as we need our magic to make things work.

Also, to be blunt those 42€ are the most change for the least change possible. 😅 A bit more new stuff would‘ve been nice. 

Anyways, time to play with the new rules but more expensive units/heroes with nerfs will definitely make it less fun for people that don‘t try to field broken lists/combos I think. 

I‘ll play Tzeentch with the crappiest rules too (I remember a time where in 40k Tzeentch/1k Sons was so hella bad, he was on his own tier) but ideally it is somewhat fair against the armies in my group. 

In that case, I too will play with the best of my abilities!!! One thing I’m curious about is if we’ll get updated “Cult of the Thousand Eyes” from the Wrath of the Everchosen book in the near future, as it seems like a cool sub faction that was abandoned after it was released.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

In that case, I too will play with the best of my abilities!!! One thing I’m curious about is if we’ll get updated “Cult of the Thousand Eyes” from the Wrath of the Everchosen book in the near future, as it seems like a cool sub faction that was abandoned after it was released.

Unfortunately, without wanting to sound negative, I wouldn't count on it, at least not in the near future. :/

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Mutton said:

This feels like a consistent issue across a lot 3.0 Tomes honestly.

On the one hand it doesn't seem like it's leading to any excess craziness in terms of balance, but it's not exactly making a lot of people excited to either play their armies again or start new ones. At least from chatter I've seen around online and locally.

57 minutes ago, Bosskelot said:

This feels like a consistent issue across a lot 3.0 Tomes honestly.

On the one hand it doesn't seem like it's leading to any excess craziness in terms of balance, but it's not exactly making a lot of people excited to either play their armies again or start new ones. At least from chatter I've seen around online and locally.

This is interesting in terms of different reactions. Around me (locally, not online, and very much a casual players context) everyone is pretty much happy with the fact that the game "feels" more balanced and that they don't need to tinker too much with their existing collections. AoS was on the verge of disappearing at my (small) club at the end of 2.0 and now our "relaxed" campaign has 10 players.

So, while I share the disappointement for copy&paste books (boring!), it seems that the feeling might be different for (a portion of) less involved players.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, CDM said:

What's the likely Sunday reveal this week? I'm hoping for Nightfall but I'm completely lost where we are at currently!

Lumineth tome I reckon. There was a WarCom article about it this week.

And perhaps now Squats FOMO army box has sold out they'll start releasing the other units not in the box.

Edited by EntMan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

This is interesting in terms of different reactions. Around me (locally, not online, and very much a casual players context) everyone is pretty much happy with the fact that the game "feels" more balanced and that they don't need to tinker too much with their existing collections. AoS was on the verge of disappearing at my (small) club at the end of 2.0 and now our "relaxed" campaign has 10 players.

So, while I share the disappointement for copy&paste books (boring!), it seems that the feeling might be different for (a portion of) less involved players.

Weird, since 3.0 dropped, AoS lost players/interest over here. Thankfully it diesn’t matter as I only play with mates but it’s sad to see. Still not sure making the rules more difficult was a good move, when you got 40k for complicated and not exactly great rules. However, I‘m sure the general situation played into it as well…