The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Bayul said:

This opinion is incorrect.

You're awfully cute and handsome but dogs have no voting rights in the birdhouse. 🐔

We can make a theoretical compromise - the sorcerer-warriors can also ride discs! I would've preferred them to be a dual kit with new Forsaken but I'll buy them in any case, so it doesn't matter. 

Edit: I'll be a dog dad in two days. 🥰 

Edited by MitGas

1 hour ago, Mutton said:

Honestly it's Tzeentch that should have tons of anti-ward abilities. 

I'm asking myself if the Lumineth units are still spellcasters while ours got degraded... would fit the general trend, even if it doesn't fit the narrative. 🖕😤🖕 (not directed at you obviously)

24 minutes ago, novakai said:

Because it’s a spell and not easy to get off.

look at where bone splitters is and they have it armywide on their arguably best subfaction. And they are balance by their lack of rend so it only there to boost their measly damage by not getting negated.

this is on a unit that not tied to a subfaction and can be brought in mass who are also not chump in the actual shooting game. Not saying it strong or overpower, but they are clearly putting them on better units as time is going on.

As they stand right now, Windriders are definitely closer to the "chump" end of the "shooting game" spectrum. The wording implies that they have the potential to do mortal wounds with shooting, but in what capacity remains to be seen. Without seeing the new warscroll, the 'roos don't seem any more problematic than existing units that negate wards.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chosen_of_khaine said:

As they stand right now, Windriders are definitely closer to the "chump" end of the "shooting game" spectrum. The wording implies that they have the potential to do mortal wounds with shooting, but in what capacity remains to be seen. Without seeing the new warscroll, the 'roos don't seem any more problematic than existing units that negate wards.

Rather problematic is more like they making these abilities more common and easier to access, mainly because they keep internally uping other mechanics previously and need to make these new counter mechanics for them.

basically they upped MW too much last edition that now higher ward saves are needed on your crucial pieces but then it makes stuff to tanky again that they now need units with anti wards to offset it.

I have no stakes in the argument but at least understand why their is teeth gnashing over it since it happen in 40K with the Invul, damage spike, transhuman, auto wound and higher damage, armor of contempt, and MW explosion. The additive of counter mechanics just lead to less fun games overall.

Edited by novakai

1 hour ago, Ganigumo said:

Kruleboyz already have it, and look how they're faring.
image.png.ede8e4d8a7072ef440b0065f46c271fb.png

Nearly Gitz tier.

Gitz tier still makes me feel like the Grinch, at least we got the xmas model to go along with it.

Edit: I do want to know whats up with big waaagh. What list is doing that good?

Edited by Gitzdee

13 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

Edit: I do want to know whats up with big waaagh. What list is doing that good?

Any that contain primarily Ironjawz units :)  

Not sure what's running in the tournament scene, but I run a primarily Ironjawz big Waagh with a Sloggoth thrown in for the buff aura, and its a  strong enough list that in my local meta  I've had to shelve the army for a while. I imagine the tournament guys really take maximum advantage of all the bonus movement shenanigan's that Ironjawz get. The triple commands for 1 CP  from a Megaboss on Krusha is brutal to play against. Toss a second megaboss in there (foot or Krusha) and half your army is guaranteed to have either "all out attack" or "all out defense" active every combat round. 

• Like 1

Unpopular opinion
I'm fine with "ignore Ward" attacks, and I think that the game could be build around 2 types of "defense" stats: Save and Ward.
With that in mind, I think that the fixed profiles of hit and wound with any combination of rend and ignore ward could give us enough variations to units than just looking for our best dmg output.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

It weird though because I swear the other tournament stat I saw for the gallet meta had Big Waugh at the bottomish .

I am not surprise that Sons are top though since I didn’t actually think Galletian veteran and proving ground was a detriment to them because every list is contending with Bounty hunter atm.

Edited by novakai

Just now, Beliman said:

Unpopular opinion
I'm fine with "ignore Ward" attacks, and I think that the game could be build around 2 types of "defense" stats: Save and Ward.
With that in mind, I think that the fixed profiles of hit and wound with any combination of rend and ignore ward are going to give us enough variations to units than just looking for our best dmg output.

The only thing I don't like about that direction is the narrative consequences of it, I don't think its a bad direction for balance though.
Some units get wards just because, like Tzaangor shields.
Other units get wards because it reflects the narrative, like Bonesplitterz getting their warpaint faith save.

I kinda like 40ks old approach, where you only get one save & the ward only comes into play once your armorsave is worse.

Ofc that led to post ward saves etc. but in its core I like that mechanic.

But I‘d also be fine with wards being more common and hence also anti ward mechanics. 
More wards would weaken MWs at least.

Whether or not Windchargers will be problematic will depend heavily on their attack profiles and any add-on abilities. That said, if they remain largely the same as they are now, the "ignore ward" ability will make them useful, but won't make them OP.  LRL players quickly found that Windchargers weren't worth investing heavily in, and I don't see that changing. Having 5-10 in a list may now be worth while, because they present a quick unit that can threaten key heroes or chip wounds away from otherwise tanky opponents, but I can't imagine that players would want many more than that. They're fairly fragile and their damage output isn't exceptional.

Besides, unit point costs are going up across the board this edition, and ranged unit points are going up more than most. I imagine they won't be a cheap option.

• Like 3

Ya the kangaroos are not that good and really will depend on other changes. At least now they have a clear role of just running in to kill an important hero before melting to anything else.

Will be interesting to see how much they change the units up. Unit cards from the box showed very little, but that does not mean much lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Rachmani said:

I kinda like 40ks old approach, where you only get one save & the ward only comes into play once your armorsave is worse.

Ofc that led to post ward saves etc. but in its core I like that mechanic.

But I‘d also be fine with wards being more common and hence also anti ward mechanics. 
More wards would weaken MWs at least.

The problem is that too much wards trivialises regular attack (especially with how save stacking also negate rend currently) as they block both mortal and regular wounds, then it because an arm race of armies needed more high rend anti-ward attacks or abilities)

4 hours ago, novakai said:

The problem is that too much wards trivialises regular attack (especially with how save stacking also negate rend currently) as they block both mortal and regular wounds, then it because an arm race of armies needed more high rend anti-ward attacks or abilities)

That’s why I prefer you only get either. Meaning, your ward only comes into play once saves are worse.
Savestacking remains a problem ofc. But that is a separate issue & has to be dealt with anyways.

21 hours ago, Rachmani said:

That’s why I prefer you only get either. Meaning, your ward only comes into play once saves are worse.
Savestacking remains a problem ofc. But that is a separate issue & has to be dealt with anyways.

Save stacking has a mechanic counter: High Rend (we aleady passed the -3 rend some months ago, just print -5 in some profiles and we are ready to go).

Ward is so good because it's another save "after" Save + Save-stacking, and can even block the "can't be blocked" attacks.

I don't have any problem with both concepts, if they are integrated in to the whole game. But the main issue is that we only have a few subfactions and some random units using the full potential of both mechanics (both saves and their counters), and that's why some people feel that they are "breaking" the rules instead of being "part" of the rules.

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

40k has Armour saves (As in AoS can be modified) , invulnerable saves ( which can not be modified and are either or with normal saves) AND ward saves ( which work exactly as in AoS)

Also there are more and more abilities allowing to ignore wards and or invulnerable saves. 

Because of this demons now have armour saves that can not be modified ( which would be the Definition of invulnerable saves and they used to have those but with the increase in counters to that they needed a different wording....)

It is a mess!

• Haha 1