The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

They can add warcry warband retroactively into battletomes like the rotmire in maggotkin but the big reason, I doubt there a maneater warband release in Warcry is simple they haven’t shown any intension of using that game system to update any old miniatures so far. I skeptical that even the seraphon warband is just all Chameleon Skinks and not a hodgepodge of different lizard types.

You have to admit though that Maneaters are uniquely well suited to be done as a Warcry band. 3-6 Ogres all with a unique "look" and equipment loadouts, 2-3 gnoblars to round out the warband if needed. Still, it's just a theory. Maneaters going out of production and slowly selling out starting like six months ago is not a theory though, that's deliberate action. It's just the Maneaters too, every other Ogre resin model is still available.

• LOVE IT! 1

We really don't know what direction the new season of Warcry will take. The first three warbands have followed the mold of first edition by having unique units not directly analogous to any existing unit. The prime example is the marauders which still haven't been replaced despite all the new chaos humans.

The teased chalemeon skink is the first Warcry mini that isn't something completely new. If that warband turns out to be a chameleon unit that replaces the current models like the Ork Kommandos did for 40k, then a Maneater warband is possible, but I'm expecting them to do something more like Underworlds with a mix of models in the warband. On the bright side, there's nothing to stop them putting a butcher in a warband. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

The model is still used in the new Warcry edition, could be a reason to keep the model around.

That would make sense I guess. Though weird then that on the he webstore it's listed under AoS Sylvaneth, but not in the boxed games section under Warcry.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

We really don't know what direction the new season of Warcry will take. The first three warbands have followed the mold of first edition by having unique units not directly analogous to any existing unit. The prime example is the marauders which still haven't been replaced despite all the new chaos humans.

The teased chalemeon skink is the first Warcry mini that isn't something completely new. If that warband turns out to be a chameleon unit that replaces the current models like the Ork Kommandos did for 40k, then a Maneater warband is possible, but I'm expecting them to do something more like Underworlds with a mix of models in the warband. On the bright side, there's nothing to stop them putting a butcher in a warband. 

Maneaters and Chameleons are perfect units to be reconverted to Warcry warbands.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I guess this confirms no new butcher and no new yhetees anyway. Fingers crossed about those maneaters though honestly I’m not holding my breath.

Perhaps more interesting is that the bloodpelt hunter isn’t a replacement for the icebrow hunter and in fact appears to be a Gutbusters version of the same. Seems… odd. Redundant and a weird roundabout way of doing things.

Also note that the cover shows a cool looking rhinox-rider on the right, though it doesn’t appear on the book. A shame.

I hadnt even noticed the Rhinox-Rider...this has given me new hope for 4.0 maybe its the Cavalry Edition?!

1 hour ago, Gothmaug said:

Congrats KingBrodd and Ogre Fans!

image.png.08115c219d3af5d82d7727bfb95b2e4d.png

Thanks mate!! Now all I need are an Ogor Maneater Warcry Warband and new Troggoths and my 3.0 wishlist is complete!!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

So it seems GW is reciclyng the croc style for Kroxigor from total war.

Can't wait to see them back in aos/Tow in plastic.

If gw imports half of the designs from TOW for LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! And the Vampire Coast (to say nothing of their chaos stuff), I’d be a happy camper.  CA really went all out with certain factions and it shows.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Man I don't know how he makes me feel. I absolutely love the design and I'm happy to see what modern kroxigors could look like, but that just makes me realise how much the current/old ones need refreshing, which they probably aren't getting for quite some time :(

20 minutes ago, GenericEdgyName said:

Man I don't know how he makes me feel. I absolutely love the design and I'm happy to see what modern kroxigors could look like, but that just makes me realise how much the current/old ones need refreshing, which they probably aren't getting for quite some time :(

Theres a chance mate!! Warcry or mainline!! Im hedging bets that the big range refreshes this Edition are Seraphon and Beasts of Chaos.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

Just now, KingBrodd said:

Theres a chance mate!! Warcry or mainline!! Im hedging bets that the big range refreshes this Edition are Seraphon and Beasts of Chaos.

Bless up, for your constant positivity! Kroxigors are what I want new models of the most but I know saurus probably need it more. 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

15 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Okay thought

what if… just WHAT IF we get an extra big preorder date with all four books?

Oh mate if that happens!?

8 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Bless up, for your constant positivity! Kroxigors are what I want new models of the most but I know saurus probably need it more. 

I think there is a good chance mate!! Of Seraphon, Saurus, Kroxigors and Salamanders are in most dire need of updating. 

I could definitely see all 3 happening at some point, probably holding onto the Salamanders but Saurus and Kroxigors surely are a certainty.

Either in Warcry or Mainline one of if not both those two are getting updated this Edition.