The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

The complete lack of GenCon talk in the article plus the middle earth preview show makes me think gw aren't doing a GenCon preview this year. I hope I'm wrong. 

It was mentioned last week :"

August is nearly upon us, which means Gen Con is once again just around the corner. Warhammer will be heading to this huge tabletop event in Indianapolis and you can get your tickets for August the 3rd through to the 7th right here and see all sorts of cool reveals in person."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, pnkdth said:

It has helped me to get my backlog done for non-GW games though (but that's probably not the intended effect GW had in mind).

100% this.

If some of these releases had been single boxes they would have gotten my money. To be honest everything is getting more expensive these days and i just dont have the money to spend on models i dont need or want at the moment. 

Edited by Gitzdee
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Fellman said:

The big question is wen is the LRL and TZ box coming was hoping for a heads up during Gencon but that don't seem to happen

AoS: New Battlebox 'Arcane Cataclysm' Revealed - Bell of Lost Souls

My guess is we'll see the remaining chaos marine stuff announced this coming Sunday and Arcane Cataclysm the week after along with individual release of the lady of vines, the Skaven assassin, the Incarnate and the scenery it was boxed with. 

I've no evidence or inside knowledge, it's just my opinion but does seem to fit the recent pattern of releasing the new hero's from battleboxes much sooner than before and I assume the incarnate will get an individual release. 

• Like 3

Surprised about the new rumors (from Capter Master Valrak) of 40k:

10th is apparently coming next year and they are going to be resetting it, everything going back to indexes like we got with 8th Edition. Take it with all the salt you can consume.

Also, EPIC is coming back for the Horus Heresy apparently.

Taken with a bunch of salt, but really curious about this resetting. If this "new" editions needs Index, that means new profiles with maybe new stats (initiative?).
I don't care about Epic, but I'm happy for people that enjoy it.

What do you think? Would you like to see something like that for AoS?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Taken with a bunch of salt, but really curious about this resetting. If this "new" editions needs Index, that means new profiles with maybe new stats (initiative?).

40k seems to suffer from lots of over complex rules and lots of bloat with rules for armies spread over many books. 

AoS doesn't have that issue imo, with battletomes streamlining and simplifying rules. 

I hope a system reset doesn't happen to AoS. 

And the return of Epic doesn't suprise me as a logical extention on the titanicus brand and you only need to produce one set of models for all armies, being based in the Horus Heresy. 

If it is true, shame we won't see other amies in epic as I'm sure there are many fans of the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fellman said:

The big question is wen is the LRL and TZ box coming was hoping for a heads up during Gencon but that don't seem to happen

AoS: New Battlebox 'Arcane Cataclysm' Revealed - Bell of Lost Souls

If they want to release the battletomes in Autumn the best date to release Arcane Cataclysm is the last August weekend.

They are trying to release the BTs one month after the battlebox is released and if they want to maintain the roadmap, that date is the nearest release date.

• Like 2

Autumn is fast approaching and we still have no confirmation of which Tomes are releasing then. I wonder if we will see them at Gencon or more likely wait all the way until Nova. 

I really want to see the cover art of the Tomes because Im afraid that theyll be repeated once again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I would not be against it. There are at least two things in AoS that would probably require a reset of every faction all at once to effectively change: Bravery/battleshock and mortal wounds/wards.

Bravery has been becoming more impactful with recent battletomes, but I think the whole system still does not feel quite right yet. A rework that touches the basic mechanics and updates all the bravery values all at once (possibly to a completely different system) might be worth it.

Wards/mortals are a different problem, in so far as they are arguably too common to the point that they devalue saves, rend and regular damage. But updating individual factions to have less access to these mechanics while keeping them at the same power level is tough. More likely than not it will just feel like a nerf. In this case, a do-over game wide would really help.

Other than that, the AoS stats blocks are already pretty streamlined. I personally would not want to remove anything from them, or add anything. I know some people would like to see a return to a strength/toughness system, though. I personally believe that is unnecessary, I think the current mechanics are complex enough to get all the nuance you would want if they were utilized properly.

• Like 3

My ideal scenario would be a 4 year edition with all army books out by the end of year three and a broken realms/ psychic awakening style series of books in year 4. Then if they decide to do a big change at least everyone got a full year or more with their army. With AoS, 40k, kill team, Warcry, Horus heresy, Necromunda, epic, the old world, bloodbowl and Warhammer quest, they could put all of those on a 4 year cycle and still have more than 2 major releases per year. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

My ideal scenario would be a 4 year edition with all army books out by the end of year three and a broken realms/ psychic awakening style series of books in year 4. Then if they decide to do a big change at least everyone got a full year or more with their army. With AoS, 40k, kill team, Warcry, Horus heresy, Necromunda, epic, the old world, bloodbowl and Warhammer quest, they could put all of those on a 4 year cycle and still have more than 2 major releases per year. 

I would like to see it like this. It always feels bad when u get one of the last tomes before a new edition.

11 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

You know I hate to say it as a committed Fyreslayer player, but the Votann Berserks feel like they could work as the basis for Kharadron 'Slayers'.

Sl3vfZB4Fbf6P0kv.jpg

Stop showing me Leagues of Voltan! I can't afford a new 40k army that is not Chaos related or super elite and cheap to play but these are just sooo far up my alley!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Epic looking models!! Love these guys. Was really hoping for a Warcry Warband Preview today, am actually worried that Gencon wont have any reveals.

https://tabletop.events/conventions/nova-open-2022/schedule/274

There's a gw preview show scheduled for Wednesday August 31st. I searched the GenCon schedule and so no similar event. They may still just have things on their booth but it looks like this year's GenCon news will be minor at best. 

• Thanks 2

On 7/29/2022 at 6:16 PM, Ogregut said:

So what would you prefer, they sell them without cards so people can't use the models they've bought?

Yes 100% . Again, Why waste all the paper and ink? It would literally cost them LESS MONEY to not print the cards and release all of them for free online. People buying duplicates are already tossing out the extra cards I'm sure... and those of us who wanted one box for the cards now find ourselves with probably-outdated stat cards where the best solution is to toss/recycle said cards in order to save space! We need to start caring about waste in this hobby, and we also need to get GW to care as well.

And especially since the updated cards are being released for free this week, it again begs the question of why they'd waste resources and money printing cards when they KNOW they're releasing a new version of Warcry soon.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Chikout said:

https://tabletop.events/conventions/nova-open-2022/schedule/274

There's a gw preview show scheduled for Wednesday August 31st. I searched the GenCon schedule and so no similar event. They may still just have things on their booth but it looks like this year's GenCon news will be minor at best. 

Damn thats a shame. Awesome if it means a bigger show for Nova but was hoping for some nice reveals this week.

43 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Yes 100% . Again, Why waste all the paper and ink? It would literally cost them LESS MONEY to not print the cards and release all of them for free online. People buying duplicates are already tossing out the extra cards I'm sure... and those of us who wanted one box for the cards now find ourselves with probably-outdated stat cards where the best solution is to toss/recycle said cards in order to save space! We need to start caring about waste in this hobby, and we also need to get GW to care as well.

And especially since the updated cards are being released for free this week, it again begs the question of why they'd waste resources and money printing cards when they KNOW they're releasing a new version of Warcry soon.

If I'm paying a premium price for a premium product I expect everything included I need to play the game. 

One of the reason I've stopped playing the Batman Miniature Game by Knight models is because they've stopped included the character cards, that are needed to play the game, with the models. 

I shouldn't have pay, in time and money, to print and laminate cards which should be included with the models. 

I accept the fact that games go through different editions, rules change and the cards may become updated but when I but while they are relevant I expect them to be included. 

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I shouldn't have pay, in time and money, to print and laminate cards which should be included with the models.

Wow, the irony is quite something. You do realize that‘s quite hypocritical here, right? And having the confused alt account brigade downvote me won’t change that either. See why I don‘t care for being able to acquire character models through some facebook group? Paying premium is fine as long as you get premium treatment. There‘s a gigantic disconnect here. 

• Confused 3

So gw just did a preview of an awesome new kroot model. (I would buy a destruction AoS army with this aesthetic in a heartbeat.)

It included this info:

"This fantastic new expansion for the finest sci-fi skirmish game in the galaxy is right around the corner, so keep an eye on Warhammer Community this week for more news about Kill Team: Into the Dark."

GW mentioned that we would see more about the future of Warcry this week too so there may yet be a GenCon preview of sorts. 

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

So gw just did a preview of an awesome new kroot model. (I would buy a destruction AoS army with this aesthetic in a heartbeat.)

It included this info:

"This fantastic new expansion for the finest sci-fi skirmish game in the galaxy is right around the corner, so keep an eye on Warhammer Community this week for more news about Kill Team: Into the Dark."

GW mentioned that we would see more about the future of Warcry this week too so there may yet be a GenCon preview of sorts. 

I'm so DONE with Kill-Team getting multiple releases this year! that game has had three boxes this year alone, each one tending to be a two-week release! Give us the AOS Battletomes and the Tzeentch-Lumineth battle box already so we can get on with our lives. Better yet, give us some more hints about The Old World!!! I need to know how they plan to include LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!! and whether or not we're getting any new models based off of Total-War!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Wow, the irony is quite something. You do realize that‘s quite hypocritical here, right? And having the confused alt account brigade downvote me won’t change that either. See why I don‘t care for being able to acquire character models through some facebook group? Paying premium is fine as long as you get premium treatment. There‘s a gigantic disconnect here. 

You don't have to use ebay or Facebook to accuire the character models you want, you can either buy the batlebox or wait a while longer and buy it separately. 

It has nothing to do with if GW should provide gaming aids needed to play their games. 

It seems I've gotten under your skin because I disagreed with your opinions and I'm sorry if I've upset you but please don't accuse me of having people down vote you (which isn't even a thing on here), or accuse others of being part of the 'alt confused account brigade', whatever that means. 

Just because we disagree doesn't mean we can't be civil. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1