The Rumour Thread

50 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Yeah, I would be surprised if they make anything for AoS from 4th onward. Not terribly surprised, maybe it takes another edition for molds to wear out, break, get lots or just scrapped, but the pattern is quite clear.

FW offers no benefit over GW, higher prices, harder to get, harder to work with, worse quality control, worse customer service and barely any attention to rules.

They do make nice Necromunda models though, and GW mainly price jumps made infantry heroes about the same price. Not really worth the price, like all infantry heroes.

They also sell nice Admech stuff from HH, but that's a space marine game, so far outside my interest.

Don't forget about the stuff Forgeworld will presumably have to produce for The Old World when that rolls around. I really hope those models get AoS rules, but even if not they are certainly going to be useful as proxies or conversion material.

4 hours ago, zilberfrid said:

FW offers no benefit over GW, higher prices, harder to get, harder to work with, worse quality control, worse customer service and barely any attention to rules.

I must disagree about the rules.

Imho, FW seems to writte better rules overall. After 3 AoS editions, we usually see some "broken" interactions and people point out what crazy stuff are in the books in the first few weeks or even before the books are out.

Horus heresy seems to be doing  fine, a few things are a bit meh (mainly double tap with Auspex+Reaction and boring battleplans) , but this are not just bad rules or broken interactions, it's more about knowing what you are doing (don't DR near things with Auspex, they can shoot two or even three times before you can react...).

Btw, I'm only talking about nu-Forgeworld (Andy Hoare era). And HH box has a nice price tag, it's not as good as some SC or Dominion, but still good value.

Edited by Beliman

10 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Plastic Angron and new World Eater kit picture leaks doing the rounds.

Wonder if this means some Freeguild stuff will leak out in the near future too.

Would be nice, I certainly hope the Dawnbringer announcement is not an "Old World" type deal where we will have to wait for years for something concrete to materialize.

I'm curious to see whether the witch hunters warband for Underworld we are about to see this weekend will be framed as "a sneak peek at the upcoming Dawnbringer Crusades" or something like that.

15 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I like how GW In their announcement of the WE they said that they would showcase 3d designs beforehand as teasers leading up to the big release, and they didn't even make a single one before Angron was leaked for the world to see. 

The people working in play testing and distribution must be so pissed at GW management to do it all the time these days.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

@The Brotherhood of Necros

Amazons?... O_o

Looking like the new BB team might be updated Amazons, from GW’s teaser the other day (described as “a team that really delivers”). Excited to see how they imagine them using today’s sculpting capabilities, and there could be some great AoS conversions in there too. :D 

506A95B3-FFE0-43A9-89EF-7F665EBD4AB2.jpeg

Edited by The Brotherhood of Necros
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Would be nice, I certainly hope the Dawnbringer announcement is not an "Old World" type deal where we will have to wait for years for something concrete to materialize.

I'm curious to see whether the witch hunters warband for Underworld we are about to see this weekend will be framed as "a sneak peek at the upcoming Dawnbringer Crusades" or something like that.

Emelda Braskov from Cursed City was also teased as something 'future' for COS/Dawnbringers.

Angron looks insane, make for a good AOS Bloodthirster.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

I wonder what the people behind the leaks get out of it?

Do they sit back and go all these geeks love me, they really love me!! 

Maybe I'm just a boring old ****** but to me it says that the leaker is untrustworthy and not someone I would want around me in fear of being stabbed in the back. 

I'm glad we don't have major AoS spoilers, would be frustrating seeing a awesome big model but having to wait 6 - 12 months for it like in the case of the HH stuff. 

Edit: lol *f a r t* is a bad word? 😂😂

Edited by Ogregut
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

I'm glad we don't have major AoS spoilers, would be frustrating seeing a awesome big model but having to wait 6 - 12 months for it like in the case of the HH stuff. 

I need some Kharadron leaks... anything will be well recieved... believe me... just... something... plis!

14 minutes ago, Beliman said:

I need some Kharadron leaks... anything will be well recieved... believe me... just... something... plis!

I'll rather an announment than leaks. 

Would love new Kharadron stuff, my golden and purple fly boys haven't seen the table in ages! 

2 hours ago, Captaniser said:

I like how GW In their announcement of the WE they said that they would showcase 3d designs beforehand as teasers leading up to the big release, and they didn't even make a single one before Angron was leaked for the world to see. 

The people working in play testing and distribution must be so pissed at GW management to do it all the time these days.

All they could show were aces while we can now see fully painted models. (New Berzerkerz are in the picture as well)

this basically means their „WIP pictures“ are fake. Models are already finalized. It’s all pure marketing to keep people in their hype bubble.

• Like 4

Angron looks like he could make a good alternative bloodthirster, which is both a good and a bad thing. Some people are suggesting there are Khongors in the background. Maybe we will be getting a couple of new units for Blades of Khorne next year. 

As for the leaks, I feel sorry for the designers who worked hard to make amazing minis only for them to be shown by the reliably awful potato cam. I don't feel sorry for GW who tried to take advantage of free labour but didn't even bother to listen to their advice (allegedly). 

@JackStreicher Everything's done 2 years in advance. The new cities models are done. They are probably putting the finishing touches to the 4th edition minis about now. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Angron looks like he could make a good alternative bloodthirster, which is both a good and a bad thing. Some people are suggesting there are Khongors in the background. Maybe we will be getting a couple of new units for Blades of Khorne next year. 

As for the leaks, I feel sorry for the designers who worked hard to make amazing minis only for them to be shown by the reliably awful potato cam. I don't feel sorry for GW who tried to take advantage of free labour but didn't even bother to listen to their advice (allegedly). 

@JackStreicher Everything's done 2 years in advance. The new cities models are done. They are probably putting the finishing touches to the 4th edition minis about now. 

I don't feel sorry for the ex playtesters, they knew what they were signing up for and we don't know the full story. 

We don't know what/if  changes were made and why. 

For all we know, the person doing the leaking is bitter because they weren't listened to, but that doesn't mean their ideas or suggestions were any good. 

Agree with the time frames of the model making, cites of sigmar and world eaters would have been finished ages ago, I would think 4th edition battletomes are being worked on now. 

17 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Speaking of FW I wonder when AOS will just leave? Id love for plastic versions of all those sculpts.

I prefer resin to plastic myself, It my favourite of the materials. Personally I wish FW did a made to order season on all, and mean all their cool old stuff. From plague Ogres to the Space Wolf Bust. I’d have to sell my motorcycle and Kidney (I typed dog originally and got sad even as a lame internet joke).

I wish GW did more cool creative pieces like busts and dioramas…

• Like 1

• Subscriber
21 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I prefer resin to plastic myself, It my favourite of the materials. Personally I wish FW did a made to order season on all, and mean all their cool old stuff. From plague Ogres to the Space Wolf Bust. I’d have to sell my motorcycle and Kidney (I typed dog originally and got sad even as a lame internet joke).

I wish GW did more cool creative pieces like busts and dioramas…

I think FW normally stop selling stuff when the mold gives out otherwise I'm sure they'd do made to order runs.

You only have to look at how much things like the Incarnates, War Mammoth, etc go for on ebay to see there is a market for it. 

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the previews on Sunday. 

My own wish is to see some god specific beastmen as part of the new warcry warbands. We already saw an unmarked one in the Spire Tyrants. So if they're doing god warbands AND we're in the realm of beasts, it'd make sense right?

I'll settle for Ghur themed terrain and maybe a destruction warband also. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I prefer resin, but I hate FW's quality control (or lack thereof) and pricing. 

Ka'Bandha has spoilt Angry Ron for me. The detail on him is phenomenal, although for the cost it should be.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

13 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

I think FW normally stop selling stuff when the mold gives out otherwise I'm sure they'd do made to order runs.

You only have to look at how much things like the Incarnates, War Mammoth, etc go for on ebay to see there is a market for it. 

Back on topic, I'm looking forward to the previews on Sunday. 

My own wish is to see some god specific beastmen as part of the new warcry warbands. We already saw an unmarked one in the Spire Tyrants. So if they're doing god warbands AND we're in the realm of beasts, it'd make sense right?

I'll settle for Ghur themed terrain and maybe a destruction warband also. 

Im hoping for Ghur themed terrain and a Destruction Warband as well!! But I doubt we will get the Destruction Warband in the starter, it would seem to be the Horns of Hashut and Nurgle Lads.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

What an amazing looking model... please, please don't be covered in cables and power armour! Magnus can fit into AOS but Mortarion seems less capable of making the jump which makes me sad as he is one of my favourite demonic models

Edited by Neverchosen
  • Like 1