The Rumour Thread

35 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

I can't wait to see the Whitefang confirmation. Gitz is my army, if someone confirms to me that I'm gonna get a new book this year could be a dream.

It was always between Ogors and Sons who was getting a Tome alongside Gloomspite, get hyped mate Im pretty sure its coming!!

32 minutes ago, Iksdee said:

I would love one of those. A unit or hero to go along with Rippas Snarlfangs would be great too. I still like my finecast Spiderfang Boss for nostalgia reasons XD. A Troggoth wizard/priest would be the dream.

Oooh maybe a Plastic Troggoth Hag/Wizard dual kit!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, UnholyRevenant said:

Getting thirsty for some DOK leaks. We have leaks for Skaven and Sylvaneth, leaks for a book that's not out until Christmas, the entire Nighthaunt book and not a dicky bird on Daughters.

You and me both.  

6 minutes ago, Lucien 2L said:

Yep, it could be the Hero on Cold-One that was removed from the store a few weeks ago.

image.jpeg.f9b9f8140f7190f9e0f0c2581beb184a.jpeg
This could be the saddle

Edited by Nezzhil
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lucien 2L said:

Aww yes!! I hope its for a proper Seraphon update but there is a chance that it could be a Seraphon Warband for Warcry. Awesome looking spear though.

• LOVE IT! 1

10 hours ago, Chikout said:

Ok here's my prediction. Lumineth just a hero. Tzeentch just a hero. A magic themed battlebox featuring both these armies. Gloomspite just a hero. Sons of Behemat, new sprue added to the megas. Slaves as we've seen.

Also coming this year the ghb, 4 more Underworlds warbands, a new warcry box featuring Horns of Hashut and a destruction warband with jungle terrain,  the first expansion for Cursed City and maybe another season of war book. 

This is obviously a 40k/30k year but that's not bad for what was named as a quiet AoS  year.

What is destruction warband with jungle terrain ? Bonesplitters ? Spidefang?

12 minutes ago, cyrus said:

What is destruction warband with jungle terrain ? Bonesplitters ? Spidefang?

My prediction, not based on anything except common sense. It would be pretty weird to move Warcry to Ghur and not launch with something destruction. It would be like launching the first edition with two order warbands. Also setting the game in a jungle without doing jungle terrain would  be equally weird. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chikout said:

My prediction, not based on anything except common sense. It would be pretty weird to move Warcry to Ghur and not launch with something destruction. It would be like launching the first edition with two order warbands. Also setting the game in a jungle without doing jungle terrain would  be equally weird. 

Give me jungle Ogor Maneaters!!

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Maybe the comets from warcry teaser video are some crashed Seraphon spaceships/artefacts and they try to protect them in between jungle terrain against other warbands. Please, give us cool new Kroxigors :)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

As a horde army with cheap heroes, Gloomspite needs additional shaman and loonboss kits. Preferably they would follow the old Empire wizard and Captain approach so that multiple variations could be built from a single kit.

A refresh of spider riders along with a new boss would be awesome. Seems like it would make a great start collecting type box as well.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Warboss Gorbolg said:

As a horde army with cheap heroes, Gloomspite needs additional shaman and loonboss kits. Preferably they would follow the old Empire wizard and Captain approach so that multiple variations could be built from a single kit.

A refresh of spider riders along with a new boss would be awesome. Seems like it would make a great start collecting type box as well.

I like to use the Gobbapalooza wizards as shamans. I agree that kits like the old warboss ones with multiple options where great value, also easy to use for conversions.

1 hour ago, Chikout said:

I got the feeling Horns of Hashut were one half of 2e's starter, and from the narrative my first guess is Sylvaneth for the second. With this Rumour Engine, Seraphon might be a likely third kit / first wave.

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

I got the feeling Horns of Hashut were one half of 2e's starter, and from the narrative my first guess is Sylvaneth for the second. With this Rumour Engine, Seraphon might be a likely third kit / first wave.

Please please give me a new Spiderfang warband with matching terrain. 

• LOVE IT! 1

• Subscriber

Would be very interesting to see some new Seraphon, considering how well they did with the recent WH Underworlds warband and Lord Kroak sculpts.

The Cold-one rider sprues at this point are pretty ancient, but most of the monster kits hold up. So I could see them doing a mounted unit + hero at the least. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure the Seraphon Rumor Engine is for a Warcry warband. The setting and theme of the new Warcry set coming out seems like a perfect fit for Seraphon. Dense forest/jungle near Mekitospar and things crashing into Ghur? Hopefully the Warcry warband is just a new multikit Saurus/Guard kit that has enough customization to make sense as a warband.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 2

1 hour ago, FireAbend said:

Maybe the comets from warcry teaser video are some crashed Seraphon spaceships/artefacts and they try to protect them in between jungle terrain against other warbands. Please, give us cool new Kroxigors :)

Oh mate new massive Kroxigors would be epic!!

3 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Pretty sure the Seraphon Rumor Engine is for a Warcry warband. The setting and theme of the new Warcry set coming out seems like a perfect fit for Seraphon. Dense forest/jungle near Mekitospar and things crashing into Ghur? Hopefully the Warcry warband is just a new multikit Saurus/Guard kit that has enough customization to make sense as a warband.

If there are enough of them you could even proxy the Saurus Warriors in mainline AOS.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Iksdee said:

My wallet is not ready for a new Gitz book XD. All my armies are getting battletomes one after the other. (Warclans/Gitz/Nighthaunt/Sylvaneth)

But after having my Troggoths getting kicked around by 2nd edition Nighthaunt i kinda want a new tome asap. 

I have been fighting off the urge to buy the new Knights Box because the Heresy and CSM kits are coming, then GW decides to release the Nighthaunt stuff as well!

Help!!!!

• Haha 1

BY SOTEK YES! This is the single most exciting rumour engine I have ever witnessed. It belongs to seraphon, no doubts. I love it, it seems to be integrating more of the 'ancient civilization from space' thing, which is very prominent in lore, but not yet in models. I don't think it could be a single hero, the spear doesn't seem ornate enough for that. Warcry warband is a possibility, especially since I remember during the preview online they put emphasis on how the meteors fell and how the jungle are really important for this season/edition of warcry. I'd obviously love it to be a whole range refresh, but tbh I'll take anything that's more than 1 model. Hell, I'll even take the 1 model if that's all. Anyway, now I wonder if through the potential warcry warband they'd  introduce a new unit or refresh an existing one. If the latter is true, I can see it being for a Cold one rider or a basic saurus warrior. Either way, I'm hypeeeeeed!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Hello,

On another note regarding upcoming Battletomes, for the Chaos one, don't you think it could be Tzeentch? With the classic "battle tome + one character" scheme, I thought back to this rumor engine:

2021-04-27.jpg

If we take into account the White Dwarf's celestial tomes, they and Khorne remain as potential candidates (if I remember correctly) for coming out this fall.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Hello,

On another note regarding upcoming Battletomes, for the Chaos one, don't you think it could be Tzeentch? With the classic "battle tome + one character" scheme, I thought back to this rumor engine:

2021-04-27.jpg

If we take into account the White Dwarf's celestial tomes, they and Khorne remain as potential candidates (if I remember correctly) for coming out this fall.

Khorne WD was released a few months ago.