The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, SunStorm said:

Wow ok I was wrong. That Daemon prince kit is going to be mighty. 

The aligned heads are HUGE improvements over the generic onea we've seen. 

Yeah, and the model-refference to Juan Díaz is just great

• Like 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Garrac said:

Yeah, and the model-refference to Juan Díaz is just great

For sure. Going to need to build one like that just to paint, plus at least another one for AoS. That kit is going to be a huge seller. 

• Like 3

I let out a big cheer in the kitchen when I was making dinner for kids and watching the preview! Those chaos models were amazing!

Such a shame though in the overall preview gets me nervous for the AoS reveals. Can't be much coming this year at all. One more Votann unit shown!? Something from Warhammer +, a preview for world eaters and not even a codex artwork!

This is my last time getting hyped for these (I know it won't be lol!) They are turning into previews of previews, no need to show world eaters, just drop it all in a big reveal

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boyadventurer said:

I didn't catch the stream, but going by the articles, was the guy on the left not revealed? I just assumed it was going to be CSM. Maybe there's hope for even more AoS. It doesn't look particularly HH to me.

No he wasn’t. Could be Warcry. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CDM said:

I let out a big cheer in the kitchen when I was making dinner for kids and watching the preview! Those chaos models were amazing!

Such a shame though in the overall preview gets me nervous for the AoS reveals. Can't be much coming this year at all. One more Votann unit shown!? Something from Warhammer +, a preview for world eaters and not even a codex artwork!

This is my last time getting hyped for these (I know it won't be lol!) They are turning into previews of previews, no need to show world eaters, just drop it all in a big reveal

They kind of had to mention World Eaters, as they aren’t in the Chaos Codex. 

6 minutes ago, boyadventurer said:

I didn't catch the stream, but going by the articles, was the guy on the left not revealed? I just assumed it was going to be CSM. Maybe there's hope for even more AoS. It doesn't look particularly HH to me.

Traitor Guard Kill-Team is my guess.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Have to say that Chaos Space Marines are a lot more Chaos and less Space Marines now, if that makes any sense. More twisted, horrifying and insane and less tactical and military. So more befitting Word Bearers and less Iron Warriors or Alpha Legion. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

The ONLY thing I was disappointed in was that there were no Renegade Guard, as the proven leaks did mention them. 

BUT, I imagine this means that the new Kill Team set may be Squats vs Renegade Guard, fingers crossed. 

I was expecting Dark mechanicum at some point as well. Is there room for another chaos codex with traitor guard and DM in?

Edited by CDM
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Maogrim said:

Have to say that Chaos Space Marines are a lot more Chaos and less Space Marines now, if that makes any sense. More twisted, horrifying and insane and less tactical and military. So more befitting Word Bearers and less Iron Warriors or Alpha Legion. 

Yeah doesn't play into the non chaosy chaos legions well. Although I suppose easy enough to proxy. I always imagine alpha legion as using chaos cultists and chaos but not necessarily gone all the way over, although they would think that wouldn't they!

the new 40k daemon prince seems to have a similar pose to the new AoS one, they might be compatible kits. Really like the Slaanesh head. 
the new character unit is pretty sweet, can see myself grabbing those for conversions. 

So what I initially was hyped for (Votann) has left me a bit meh.

The DP which I was on the fence with Is now pure gold in my eyes. The cultists are cool, the very mutated cultists with daemons inside could easily be a release for AoS and &0 K no? Not sure I missed the preview. 

The mention of World Eaters is just the most infuriating, Do I need to start personally worhsipping Khorne to summon Angron? I have the  adequate rage 😂

2 minutes ago, elfhead said:

the new 40k daemon prince seems to have a similar pose to the new AoS one, they might be compatible kits. Really like the Slaanesh head. 
the new character unit is pretty sweet, can see myself grabbing those for conversions. 

They are the same kit just different builds

image.png.7527727b71b87972d970e98cee50ec71.png

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 1

Super rough mock up but I put the god marked heads on the AoS prince body. I think they're all going to look pretty solid and miles ahead of the generic one (although the generic 40k one is also pretty awesome). From the sounds of it I don't think there's going to be anything other than the heads for god-specific customization which is a shame, but the heads do go a long way. Some good painting and a few bits from the box and I think you're going to be able to do a ton with this kit. Like the Tzeentch prince is just begging to replace the axe head with a staff and I'm already picking out spots for nurglings. I don't think you're going to need to do anything for the Khorne prince though, it's already pretty much set.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Edited by Grimrock
  • Like 11

8 minutes ago, elfhead said:

What do you mean? It’s going to be the same box :D so ofc it‘ll be compatible 

11 minutes ago, Kronos said:

The mention of World Eaters is just the most infuriating, Do I need to start personally worhsipping Khorne to summon Angron? I have the  adequate rage

I've been furiously hitting nails into planks in a suitably angry fashion. Might turn into a nice shelf if Khorne wills it. A few skulls ontop and *chefs kiss* perfection.

3 minutes ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

I don't think I see a single bit on the cultist mutants or cultist torments that would be out of place in AoS. Seems like a missed opportunity for it not to be a true dual system kit.

I do love that they've not overly 40k'd these kits so that with little work, they will fit perfectly into AoS. 

I know some people will be disappointed in the lack of distinction but I am a convertor enjoyer, bathe me in it. 

• Like 1