The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Hawke said:

That mallet looks snotling to me, new snotling pump wagon with drive-by croquet skull smashin' inbound?

New halfling army? Old Bullroarer Took taking off goblin heads with a mallet, and knocking it down a rabbit hole? Coincidentally that's how golf was started, or so i'm told. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful to actually be getting rumor engines from a new AOS army? And not 40K/Necromunda/Bloodbowl/Underworlds/Warcry? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

5 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Anyone else not had their Thondia book arrive? I preordered it but it's not come yet. I imagine Easter probably got in the way.

For those who have it and have looked through it, how is Anvil of Apotheosis? 

New Anvil of Apotheosis is basically the old Anvil of Apotheosis with very very few and minor changes to make it more compatible to the new addition.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Now that I think about it, it could be a hammer that belongs to one of a new doom diver artillery Grot crew similar to the old mini

Was also thinking about this, would love to have a new doom diver.

Could also be from wolf chariot style crew. Maybe a squig chariot? Could be from a new troggoth unit. Maybe a unit of troggoth with gitz riders like the breakaboss. 

I think spiderfang is in need of some love but this doesnt scream spiderfang to me.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Still-young said:

Yeah but it doesn’t bode well for a big range refresh, is what I’m getting at. 

I for one never believed in a larger refresh, given the nature of AOS releases after Kruleboyz and Thunderstrike Stormcasts. Nighthaunt really got off quite well with the Scriptor, the Tibia Mariner and the Crossbow unit. DOK will likely just get the Gladriatrix and the new Underworlds warband (probably locked into Hagg Nar again).

But I could imagine more Eshin stuff for Skaven, even if the other clans just get refreshed packaging. 

Edited by Maogrim

25 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

I for one never believed in a larger refresh, given the nature of AOS releases after Kruleboyz and Thunderstrike Stormcasts. Nighthaunt really got off quite well with the Scriptor, the Tibia Mariner and the Crossbow unit. DOK will likely just get the Gladriatrix and the new Underworlds warband (probably locked into Hagg Nar again).

But I could imagine more Eshin stuff for Skaven, even if the other clans just get refreshed packaging. 

Wel the best scene scenario at this point for the skaven would be a revamp of at least one clan (clan eshin in particular)

but we are talking about gw.

you never know what’s going through their heads

there is a good chance they’ll bring out another 10 or so stormcast units that do the exact same thing and look just a tiny bit better then the other hundreds of already existing boring fantasy marines instead of updating the skaven,

Although I do have hopes that gw will at least start to update the older range.

clearly they can do it, if we consider the announcement of the underworlds warbands 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Wel the best scene scenario at this point for the skaven would be a revamp of at least one clan (clan eshin in particular)

but we are talking about gw.

you never know what’s going through their heads

there is a good chance they’ll bring out another 10 or so stormcast units that do the exact same thing and look just a tiny bit better then the other hundreds of already existing boring fantasy marines instead of updating the skaven,

Although I do have hopes that gw will at least start to update the older range.

clearly they can do it, if we consider the announcement of the underworlds warbands 

I'm really holding my thumbs for you, my friend. Even if they're not quite my thing, I think the new warband showed what creativity could be put into that faction, to incredible results.

Yeah, GW are strange, aren't they? It's a little more fringe than the popular examples of Skaven or Ogors, but just recently I noticed that Commander Farsight is still only available as finecast. I thought he was basically the most popular character in the T'au faction, and so are the enclaves as a subfaction. But that's what you get for not being a Primaris..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chaos Shepard said:

New Anvil of Apotheosis is basically the old Anvil of Apotheosis with very very few and minor changes to make it more compatible to the new addition.

Thanks :) It's a shame that they haven't really updated it much. Not to go too off topic, but I think things like this can sour community's perception of rules. Same as battletomes where very little changes. It feels low effort and as if they only want to fix what's there, rather than improve it. 

Old Anvil was good, no doubt, but they had the opportunity to allow more options for Ghur heroes, as well as things like 'narrative-only' options which could afford to be a little less balanced and more fluffy.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Maogrim said:

I'm really holding my thumbs for you, my friend. Even if they're not quite my thing,

you should attach them back onto your hands, they're very useful things thumbs.

Admittedly you elfs don't get your hands dirty so you wouldn't know.  You probably use telekenisis and stuff to just peel and orange... sorry, Aeorange.

Anyway, I agree.

I think GW should just go through their ranges and look at finecast, and old metal and just say refresh or bin, and put people out fo their misery.  In the case of something like the Skaven its not like it's a fringe faction, as a major player in their sales charts and a hugely popular faction, so new plastics would pay for themselves  in droves.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I think GW should just go through their ranges and look at finecast, and old metal and just say refresh or bin, and put people out fo their misery.  In the case of something like the Skaven its not like it's a fringe faction, as a major player in their sales charts and a hugely popular faction, so new plastics would pay for themselves  in droves.

look like their short term answer to resin and metal models is Range rotation going by the recent one they did for Druhkari and taking out their resin models out of the store for the time being.

13 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

As much as I’d love these hints to be Ogor verification it feels much more like coy “I guess we’ll see haha” general noncommittal to anything. I’m not getting hopes up.

Yes, exactly. That's what they usually do, paired with 'we'll let you know if anything comes up'.

• Like 1

We live in crazy times. I am actually glad gw is still able to keep releasing new stuff. At my job im dealing with 4 month delays at a daily basis with shipments that are supposed to take a week at most. Those new Nighthaunt and Skaven models look awesome imo.

Edited by Iksdee
  • Like 6