The Rumour Thread

I think what’s going to happen is that they tease one warband tomorrow, one on Thursday, and Friday is the full reveal lol.

but since this a new box set they probably want to maximize their community engagement for it despite not having a big reveal. 

Edited by novakai
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

The leak never said Malerion aelves...

Haha, did they just say shadow elves?  There is a bit of wriggle room in that phrasing!

That's definitely a Daughters of Khaine shadowstalker in the new artwork, and it would be a little strange to have an ulgu themed underworlds season without representation from the one existing faction wholly originating from that realm.

• Like 2

granted the current Shadowstalkers could be Malerion aelves as in the lore they not totally part of DoK just employed by Morathi to scout the Allpoint for Varanite. They also have basically the same teleport ability as the Tenebral Shard too

funny is that the complaint about them being to similar to DoK was also present back then but they ended up being DoK units anyway instead of heralding Malerion.

Edited by novakai
  • Like 4

I really love the Shadowstalkers, by far some of my favourite models. Seeing the new Shadow Aelf resembling that style is great but like other have mentionned a little dissapointing as there's alot of design space that could still be explored.

Either way I'm excited to see the rest of the warband. And curious to see what a full release of Shadow Aelves would look like.. if we ever get one.

• Like 1

Yeah, in Red Harvest it mentions the Shadow Stalkers are gifts from Malerion so they are technically his aelves if not his new shadowkin people so there is rumor wiggle room here.

So far it seems to be his way of supporting his allies. In the Age of Chaos when all the refugee nobles crammed in Azyrheim started attacking one another Malerion gave Sigmar the Dark Blade assassins to cull those who put pride above survival(and show him a delicate knife can be more effective than a hammer blow) and Morathi-Khaine needed suicidally loyal agents soul-bounded to her will for her godhood plans so he gave her a coven of shadow daemon possessed agents.

Some even forge pacts with shadow daemons, becoming one with the darkness and bleeding abyssal nothingness when cut and gain the power to command the shadows of their target throttling their owner or stabbing them in the back with blades formed from their own shadow. 

So more Shadow Stalkers make sense, it’s their home realm afterall(just like Eshins) and they can go with the upcoming Khainite tome just like Clans Eshin can go with new Skaven.

I kinda hope we see an actual shadow daemon with the UnderWorlds warband since the article mentioned “spirits” but expectations are very level for now.

image.jpeg.90ebfc0377613bc7db90dc6cf0ad7a53.jpeg

(with how often they’re talked about being on moons from both the Ulgu and in Azyr Realms I’d love to give some a astral void theme)

But yeah, my guess here is battle of assassins in the Katophane/Direchasm part of Harrowdeep where things get dimensional and eldritch. Probably caused by a gnaw-hole  Clans Eshin are digging through reality and the Stalkers either want to stop it or control it.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4

I dunno about the whole shadow stalkers being DoK. Since their reveal in Warcry i've had the sneaking suspicion that they are Malerion Elves, but GW being GW decided to make them Morathi's agents as to not reveal too much or give a "bleep"ing hint. 

I am of the opinion that when Malerions creations do arrive to the setting, they will resemble the Shadow stalkers very, VERY much for that is the faction they really are, and the whole being part of the DoK is just smoke and mirrors.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mutton said:

In my perfect world, Malerion and Morathi end up part of the same faction, but controlling different "nations." Much like Tyrion and Teclis. Then we truly have the shadow elves vs. the light elves.

Absolutely agree mate. I would be more shocked if the 2 Factions arent joined.

2 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Absolutely agree mate. I would be more shocked if the 2 Factions arent joined.

Right now I don't want them joined just because it means we probably have to wait at least a year to get Malerion. There's zero chance they're releasing the DoK book in the next few weeks to re-release all of it with an expansion before next summer. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

Are they trolling us? This being nothing but a breadcrumb teaser feels like a troll......

They're stretching out the previews, must be a slow week for releases. Or their Warhammer community writers are sick/on vacation/on another assignment this week, and can't produce their usual content. Hence the padding out of what they do have.  Ill give them the benefit of the doubt, they just got back from Adepticon, they could have had an outbreak of Covid or even the flu, flooring a bunch of staff for a few days. 

I think Ill just come back friday, and see everything at once. not worth the daily anticipation/disappointment of opening a string teasers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captaniser said:

I dunno about the whole shadow stalkers being DoK. Since their reveal in Warcry i've had the sneaking suspicion that they are Malerion Elves, but GW being GW decided to make them Morathi's agents as to not reveal too much or give a "bleep"ing hint. 

I am of the opinion that when Malerions creations do arrive to the setting, they will resemble the Shadow stalkers very, VERY much for that is the faction they really are, and the whole being part of the DoK is just smoke and mirrors.

My doubt there is simply because remaking an aelf after it spent 10,000+ years mutating in Slaanesh’s stomach isn’t an easy process.

God-Teclis had to make and discard an entire rough draft race(Deepkin) just so he could get it closer with Lumineth who turned out to be glow-in-the-dark lightcrystal addicts from all the Hysh magic needed to cleanse them.

I can’t imagine Malerion can accomplish the same on his first try and with using deceptive shadow magic instead of light magic to “fix” them.

I imagine Malerion’s true Shadowkin will be much more bizarre with the twisted mutated devil-aelves mentioned in the 2018 Corebook, shadow daemons and Ulgulian familiars.

I could see the Shadow Stalkers being apart but more an off-shoot assassin cult heavily possessed by Shadow Daemons for a regular aelves contingent in his force but made of his followers with new armor to stand apart from either of the assassin armies he gave to Sigmar or Morathi-Khaine’s Stalkers who are soul-bonded to her for eternal service.(so not really his “creations” but city aelves he’s controlling)

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

My doubt there is simply because remaking an aelf after it spent 10,000+ years mutating in Slaanesh’s stomach isn’t an easy process.

God-Teclis had to make and discard an entire rough draft race(Deepkin) just so he could get it closer with Lumineth who turned out to be glow-in-the-dark lightcrystal addicts from all the Hysh magic needed to cleanse them.

I can’t imagine Malerion can accomplish the same on his first try and with using deceptive shadow magic instead of light magic to “fix” them.

I imagine Malerion’s true Shadowkin will be much more bizarre with the twisted mutated devil-aelves mentioned in the 2018 Corebook, shadow daemons and Ulgulian familiars.

I could see the Shadow Stalkers being apart but more an off-shoot assassin cult heavily possessed by Shadow Daemons for a regular aelves contingent in his force but made of his followers with new armor to stand apart from either of the assassin armies he gave to Sigmar or Morathi-Khaine’s Stalkers who are soul-bonded to her for eternal service.(so not really his “creations” but city aelves he’s controlling)

If Aelves are so hard to make why are we getting new range releases 6 months in? Check mate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10
  • Sad 1