The Rumour Thread

I'm thinking shaggoth as well.

The biggest model evaaahhhh

Taller than Archaon...

based on the troggoth sized rock he'll be standing on to give him the height technicality of course.

What I hope... really really hope is that if it is a shaggoth we get some god marked beastmen to complete the set by way of khornegors and pestigors, but that aside, a plastic shaggoth would be very welcome indeed, especially if it was a kholek suneater sized affair.

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I know its frustrating to read about something you have no interest in, for me it's basically anything 40K related and there was that time with the Aelves... but at the moment our strongest Rumour involves Skaven so they will be relevant for the next few months until release.

Isn't it about time for a lunineth release #3? 

• Haha 4
  • LOVE IT! 2

6 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

I know its frustrating to read about something you have no interest in, for me it's basically anything 40K related and there was that time with the Aelves... but at the moment our strongest Rumour involves Skaven so they will be relevant for the next few months until release.

That’s not the point however.

:)

it‘s the repetition that grinding me down.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Howdyhedberg said:

Isn't it about time for a lunineth release #3? 

It technically has to happen at some point.

Which is depressing given how overboard the first 2 were and the fact they decided to absolutely curb stomp the entire death faction (from a lore perspective) to show how good the pointy ears are! Not that I'm a disgruntled death player...

Edited by El Syf
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

They remind me of young troggoths, but the "2 fingers and 1 thumb" don't fir with any AoS faction. Troggoths have3 fingers and a  thumb. 

Necromunda bone wastes creatures of some type?

Hmm.. everything we see with them are bone flute, bone skull,  , some "hair" or "Fur", and a tattered loincloths. And the creatures are sculpted to look cute and childlike. Makes me think they are smaller decorations on a larger model from a savage race whatever it is. I'm betting its a new faction tied into the awakening of Ghur. 

Edited by Gothmaug
grammer
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

What I hope... really really hope is that if it is a shaggoth we get some god marked beastmen to complete the set by way of khornegors and pestigors, but that aside, a plastic shaggoth would be very welcome indeed, especially if it

Considering that the beast man don’t have any special character alive anymore, why not include Kholek sun eaters himself

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Considering that the beast man don’t have any special character alive anymore, why not include Kholek sun eaters himself

don't get me started!

I can see kholek having some sort of artefact that pulled him into the realm of beasts last minute being the largest dragon ogre outside of the godbeast sized one that lifted the slayer of kings from.

I'd see no good reason not to have Taurox back as well - a doombull who bit the head off a herald of khorne and then woke up with brass skin? - there's a daemon infused reason for not being permenantly dead if ever I saw it, after all, every one of the nurgle characters has managed to make it through end times, and that includes the nurgle chemist festus.

As for malagor, same thing, some semi ethereal bray shaman can't mysteriously evaporate to safety, only to return in the new age?

Oh and can we have Wulfric back please?  come off it, Seafang's prow was a realmgate in everything but name - it was the equivalent of jack Sparrow's compass crossed with a tardis. - That at Wulfric is a top bloke unlike Valkia who's a complete end of the bell.  If you haven't read it I wholly suggest the Wulfric novel as it's brillballs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zaniel said:

1016889404_ScreenShot2022-04-05at11_47_16pm.png.f7e4e7ed6f19bfd12d294bc0687edc74.png1809082972_ScreenShot2022-04-05at11_47_26pm.png.19b9b90beaaa97d9e6ff116f955704e5.png556655672_ScreenShot2022-04-05at11_47_33pm.png.1fafb7d13406374049e9e62523e168df.png

If I'm not mistaken these were supposed to be ungors, which does highlight how little justice this (admittedly pretty) model does to the sheer size of a shaggoth.

Though that doesn't mean GW couldn't simply choose to have a different creature on the shaggoth of course. But I doubt these are meant to be BoC related, they don't seem to match current BoC aesthetic and I'm not expecting GW to do a huge refresh for the beastmen to join this new aesthetic. We'll see!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zaniel said:

1016889404_ScreenShot2022-04-05at11_47_16pm.png.f7e4e7ed6f19bfd12d294bc0687edc74.png1809082972_ScreenShot2022-04-05at11_47_26pm.png.19b9b90beaaa97d9e6ff116f955704e5.png556655672_ScreenShot2022-04-05at11_47_33pm.png.1fafb7d13406374049e9e62523e168df.png

1 hour ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well My opinion just changed towards these little devils 

1 hour ago, Kaleb Daark said:

I'm thinking shaggoth as well.

The biggest model evaaahhhh

Taller than Archaon...

based on the troggoth sized rock he'll be standing on to give him the height technicality of course.

What I hope... really really hope is that if it is a shaggoth we get some god marked beastmen to complete the set by way of khornegors and pestigors, but that aside, a plastic shaggoth would be very welcome indeed, especially if it was a kholek suneater sized affair.

I'm torn between basing Critters for a FEC Character and a new Dragon Ogor Shaggoth!! If it's either I'll be more than happy.

Regarding the last RE, on the article GW says: 

Spring is a time for new beginnings, and to celebrate this joyous occasion, the Rumour Engine has promised to show us something entirely new.

Is this a new faction? I see 'entirely' in italic, it's some sort of joke?

1 hour ago, JackStreicher said:

That’s not the point however.

:)

it‘s the repetition that grinding me down.

it doesn’t help that Skrech just randomly interject into the conversation with Skaven foreplay when it has nothing to do with the topic at hand and it has gotten very annoying 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Fulcanelli said:

Regarding the last RE, on the article GW says: 

Is this a new faction? I see 'entirely' in italic, it's some sort of joke?

I got the same feeling as well. Part of me still wants to say Silent People. BUT! If I may tinfoil hat one more time:

This new dude reminds me of Gollum. Gollum was tortured at Barad Dur. Barad Dur is a giant tower in Mordor.
Mordor was a huge inspiration for another hellish landscape, which has another tower inspired by Barad Dur.

That's right.

Chaos Dwarves confirmed.

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, SlyRebirth said:

Controversial: Folding Beast of Chaos and Skaven into one faction...

Controversialer: Folding Beasts into Sylvaneth.

Having a Shaggoth redesign would be a good thing, the effort needed would finally be the confirmation by GW of BoC having a future in AoS. BoC players deserve that. It feels like BoC are in that weird shroedingers cat position between remaining a part of AoS and being squated* for way too long.

*does this term actually lost it's meaning with Squats return?

I am 100% stumped on these! 

My heart says Shaggoth, my head says new race for Underworlds that will never be anything more than a small kit  that will be barley be classed as a unit (like Kurnothi). 

Beasts have such a fond place in my Heart, but I almost feel like they’re an edition away from being dropped. A focus on Dragon Ogres as their ruling race with an extra Dragon Ogre kit or two would, for me, almost save the line. In these wild days of Gamesworkshop anything is possible, hell ten odd years ago if you told me That Vermin Lords would return in plastic along with Nagash I would have frowned at your mad rambling. Wish we had a series of solid Monster and Lord releases like End Times and Broken realms again. 

• Like 1