The Rumour Thread

32 minutes ago, Dankboss said:

The Troll Hag from total war wears giant/ gargant's skulls as a bra. The rumor engine definitely has curvature to it, and it'd be in line with the name Fellwater Morruks.

Edit: can't seem to get an image to work.

You tease... 🤗

595560667_Screenshot_20210526-120017_FreeAdblockerBrowser.jpg.2d14baf8463a00f81e4b1b01c96872ed.jpg

Come to daddy, my love...😍

Edited by Vasshpit
Confession of trogg lust. 😅
  • Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Vasshpit said:

You tease... 🤗

It'd be a fitting large model for a swamp greenskins release, and they have kept the model around. I'll have to check if the hag is still available on FW. If it is a hag, I hope she retains gitz compatibility; I imagine she would since normal Fellwaters are gitz; or rather they're troggoths, which is technically its own thing.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jaWn said:

Sounds like a really awesome story! Interested in the Shadowgave who devours... wonder what that could even be? New green skins “silent king” or equivalent maybe... or maybe just a ally who gave gifts... 

wait hold on just searched this, and there was a Beastmen in the world that was called Morghur the Shadowgave? I wonder if this is talking of his return as a god now? Or if he has turned to destruction instead of being a beast man of chaos 

Edited by Deakz28
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deakz28 said:

Sounds like a really awesome story! Interested in the Shadowgave who devours... wonder what that could even be? New green skins “silent king” or equivalent maybe... or maybe just a ally who gave gifts... 

The Shadowgave is Morghur, it's one of his titles.

Rather promising, the way this beastman narrator talks about Morghur speaking to them through dreams more and more recently. Fingers crossed it bodes well for AoS 3.0 beastmen, this particular anarchic and evermutating theme is a good angle to distinguish them from the rest of chaos and also Destruction.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

The Shadowgave is Morghur, it's one of his titles. Rather promising, the way this beastman narrator talks about Morghur speaking to them through dreams more and more recently. Fingers crossed it bodes well for AoS 3.0 beastmen.

Yea just realised who it was referring to, but the story also hinted at them being a god or godlike now :/ 

Just now, Deakz28 said:

Yea just realised who it was referring to, but the story also hinted at them being a god or godlike now :/ 

I think the beastmen tome refers to him as a minor chaos deity? A big plastic centrepiece kit for something like an 'Avatar of Morghur' with some sort of beastmen range update would be a pretty obvious slam dunk for GW.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, jaWn said:

Really interesting, I don't know much about Beastmen so correct me if I'm wrong, but

Spoiler

Is this the first time they're saying humans can mutate into them and that they can turn others into Beastmen?

Just now, Me-dude-sa said:

Really interesting, I don't know much about Beastmen so correct me if I'm wrong, but

Hide contents

Is this the first time they're saying humans can mutate into them and that they can turn others into Beastmen?

From what I know, Turnskins have been a thing since Fantasy :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Me-dude-sa said:

Hide contents

No, that's pretty common, especially for Tzaangors.

More generally this story suggests that

Spoiler

beastmen are gathering to stop Alarielle singing a song that will "infest the realms with the energies of clean life" which may be more powerful than even she knows. Some sort of... Vitaquake?

There is a bit of ambivalence around what Alarielle's been up to lately. When she talked to Teclis she made it sound like there was going to be an inevitable and natural see-sawing from Nagash's necroquake, one that would put life magic in the ascendance. For Morathi and Malerion though, she's been biding her time to make some sort of move for power. This is just the word of a random beastmen leader following a new shaman-prophet but it might lend some credence to the latter idea.

There's also this:

Spoiler

"Visions flashed. A twisted oak, burning with green flame. A mountain cracking open, its maw widening to swallow a world. Crooked pipers cackling in shadows, and drakes of amber and starlight circling a horned god of stone. I heard them, then – the realms howling, as something shifted in their souls."

The "mountain cracking open" and the "horned god of stone" almost certainly refer to Kragnos, particularly as he has drakes (his old enemy) circling him.

"A twisted oak, burning with green flame." - The Oak of Ages, destroyed? A further prompt for more action by Alarielle?

"Crooked pipers cackling in shadows" is vague but perhaps it refers to whoever uses this rumour engine hint? Turns out this wasn't for Death and the number of fingers is weird but then these new Morruks may well be disfigured and/or mutated based on the three-eyed iconography we've seen this week.

RE-5-12-2020.jpg

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Me-dude-sa said:

Hide contents

I don't know about in AoS, but it could happen in WHFB. If I remember right Turnskins used to be looked down upon in the Old World, many gors saw them as not true Beastmen, even lower than Ungors. This short story seems a lot friendlier to Turnskins.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dankboss said:

The Troll Hag from total war wears giant/ gargant's skulls as a bra. The rumor engine definitely has curvature to it, and it'd be in line with the name Fellwater Morruks.

Edit: can't seem to get an image to work.

Oh my God, I pray it's her. I have been hoping for a plastic hag since Gloomspite released. If it is her, are they going to do full sized like FW, or shrink her down to being merely huge like in Total War.

Edited by dirkdragonslayer
Me not word good, gobbo vocabularium is limited.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

Oh my God, I pray it's her. I have been hoping for a plastic hag since Gloomspite released. If it is her, are they going to do full sized like FW, or shrine her down to being merely huge like in Total War.

If these Kruel Boyz are an hodgepodge of greenies perhaps we'll see some new kits for fellwater troggots wirh the hag option.

Or a new size of fellwater like the dankhold,perhaps even making it usable by the troggoth allegiance.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

1 minute ago, Snorri Nelriksson said:

If these Kruel Boyz are an hodgepodge of greenies perhaps we'll see some new kits for fellwater troggots wirh the hag option.

Or a new size of fellwater like the dankhold,perhaps even making it usable by the troggoth allegiance.

Highly doubt a fellwater resculpt as the current one holds up. An expanded range of Fellwater troll would be good; that way it'd benefit gitz too which is the ideal release, i.e a larger audience to sell to.

• Like 1

something extremely interesting from the Gods and Monsters preview!!

In the God of Earthquakes section it says "In his quest for vengeance, he prays to his tribe’s ancient deity, the Drogrukh lord Kragnos, who eventually awakens beneath Twinhorn Peak"

Now, we've been guessing the Beastgrave has been Kragnos but... check out the map of Ghur. Twinhorn Peaks is on an entirely different continent, leaving the Beastgrave mystery still unsolved.

image.png.60d919868c70f717e6e7ada9b932aee1.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

something extremely interesting from the Gods and Monsters preview!!

In the God of Earthquakes section it says "In his quest for vengeance, he prays to his tribe’s ancient deity, the Drogrukh lord Kragnos, who eventually awakens beneath Twinhorn Peak"

Now, we've been guessing the Beastgrave has been Kragnos but... check out the map of Ghur. Twinhorn Peaks is on an entirely different continent, leaving the Beastgrave mystery still unsolved.

image.png.60d919868c70f717e6e7ada9b932aee1.png

Is... morghur sleeping under a mountain too?

• Like 1