The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, pitzok said:

he might just be messing with ya mate

He/She plays with my emotions!!

33 minutes ago, Nostrammo said:

"The bog-grot tribes that had harassed their stockades were driven back by crackling war machines, the swamp waters were drained in days and the land was baked into hardened clay. Walls and towers increased in size as the region's resources were plundered to build the fast growth of the city".

Pg 54 Core Rulebook

Maybe this is the new breed...Driven out of the swamps from humans building cities of order?

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else

Sounds good to me!!

50 minutes ago, Nostrammo said:

"The bog-grot tribes that had harassed their stockades were driven back by crackling war machines, the swamp waters were drained in days and the land was baked into hardened clay. Walls and towers increased in size as the region's resources were plundered to build the fast growth of the city".

Pg 54 Core Rulebook

Maybe this is the new breed...Driven out of the swamps from humans building cities of order?

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else

It could be a clue, nice find.
I'd love the expansion of some lesser greenskin sub-species of old, those two Goblins and Gnoblars WD armylists were interesting and also gave a nice overview about the greenskins adaptability.
Still 19 days to go before knowing what it's inside the box or at least seems so...
I hope they'll give us some hint\images about the destruction part before though.

Edited by Snorri Nelriksson

5 hours ago, Zamik said:

I wonder if the picture at the bottom of the AoS 3 article offers clues to the next battletomes. Just happy to see Khorghos Khul still kicking around, maybe he'll win one this time!

Poor Khorghos is AoS's Arbaal the "Undefeated" 😅

• Like 1

Do we know where the initial Destruction army rumors came from?

The swamp theme doesn’t seem to work with Steppe Hobgoblin wolf riders. Doesn’t feel AoS-y enough. 

this rumor engine definitely feels like it could be a Goblinoid frog spear.

B544E240-EF94-47C8-9431-30EE4CE8BF9C.jpeg
Edit: I take it back. This is the rear end of Zodgrod’s gretchin prodder.

Edited by Vomikron
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RandyRyan said:

Poor Khorghos is AoS's Arbaal the "Undefeated" 😅

Khorne has a cruel sense of humor for his champions. He has no love for people who lose, but his heroes always lose. Just looking at poor Khorgos;

"I am Khorne's mightiest mortal champion, if I lose Khorne will punish me and make my fleshhound eat me."

"But Khorgos, you always lose."

"... Then maybe the real punishment is being cursed to get my teeth kicked in every Tuesday."

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Hmmm, might just be nothing.... but will those swamp trees be new cool terrain as well? They seem to be reused where possible at the moment, I'm sure some of those swampthings will have them as well...

hulegmi8j6y61.png

Maybe Gaunt's Ghosts are the destruction half. The crossover is finally happening

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

40 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

Do we know where the initial Destruction army rumors came from?

The swamp theme doesn’t seem to work with Steppe Hobgoblin wolf riders. Doesn’t feel AoS-y enough. 

this rumor engine definitely feels like it could be a Goblinoid frog spear.

B544E240-EF94-47C8-9431-30EE4CE8BF9C.jpeg
Edit: I take it back. This is the rear end of Zodgrod’s gretchin prodder.

Its close, but it isnt the same. Zogrod's staf has a leather strap at the end tying the prongs together, and has some science-y tubes. I definitely think this is part of whatever the new Destruction faction will be.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Thane said:

Its close, but it isnt the same. Zogrod's staf has a leather strap at the end tying the prongs together, and has some science-y tubes. I definitely think this is part of whatever the new Destruction faction will be.

Looks like you’re right. I’m back to being excited for frog hunting Gnoblars.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

Looks like you’re right. I’m back to being excited for frog hunting Gnoblars.

Give them some frog-mounted cavalry, though I wonder if thematically it would be too close to Boingrot Bounders/Squig Hoppers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ahlambra said:

Give them some frog-mounted cavalry, though I wonder if thematically it would be too close to Boingrot Bounders/Squig Hoppers.

Still cool to me. Hell, if they don’t do it I just might have to make a swamp gitmob with Frog boingrots.

• Like 1

So I was looking through a bunch of different swamp and marsh dwelling species that might make for interesting units and mounts. Giant mosquitoes as flying mounts, giant snapping turtles as behemoths, and with that squirrel on the new characters base maybe we could see the ptera squirrel coming to AoS.

swamp_bw.gif

freshwater.gif

vector-set-wetland-animals-260nw-288982412.jpg

large.jpg

Screenshot_20210510-210240.png

8EE7860F-7DCB-48CE-9BE8-87EA44CF72FF.jpg

download.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Grim Beasties said:

So I was looking through a bunch of different swamp and marsh dwelling species that might make for interesting units and mounts. Giant mosquitoes as flying mounts, giant snapping turtles as behemoths, and with that squirrel on the new characters base maybe we could see the ptera squirrel coming to AoS.

swamp_bw.gif

freshwater.gif

vector-set-wetland-animals-260nw-288982412.jpg

large.jpg

Screenshot_20210510-210240.png

8EE7860F-7DCB-48CE-9BE8-87EA44CF72FF.jpg

download.jpeg

As someone with a Biology degree who grew up around wetlands, I love this. I am imaging ravenous Nutria cavalry, marsh crabs, squirrel folk, and giant bullfrogs.

• Haha 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

@Whitefanghas also liked this post now as well, Half Orruks it is!!

Am I the only one who isn't keen on new greenskins? .... I really want something new that doesn't make kragnos stand out like a sore thumb ☹️

Edited by CarkFish
Typo
  • Like 3

It's going to be crayfish obviously 

I also really hope it's not greenskins. 
I think they already have their own factions that can be fleshed out more (and should be) but I don't think they need another one. Destruction should have more unique stuff than just orks and ogres. 

15 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

Am I the only one who isn't keen on new greenskins? .... I really want something new that doesn't make kragnos stand out like a sore thumb ☹️

yeah, when we've got small greenskins and large greenskins, medium greenskins doesn't top the wanted list
something to make kragnos fit in well, that'll be tough tbh

• Like 1

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/10/4-things-you-need-to-know-about-the-next-edition-of-warhammer-age-of-sigmar/

I'm not sure I'm happy that one of the 4 most important news of 3rd edition is a rework of narrative mode. I'd really much preferred an info about: 

balancing armies

some of those major changes to core rules

wave 2 for armies that long deserve it

It's about time somebody spoiled us what really is the second army of the new starter box. You know, not the exact name, just something like flying dwarves, sea elves or swamp goblins...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

yeah, when we've got small greenskins and large greenskins, medium greenskins doesn't top the wanted list
something to make kragnos fit in well, that'll be tough tbh

Still holding out for some kind of centaur based destruction elf thing tbh ..... Feel I'm going to be disappointed when "bog gobbos" drop

9 minutes ago, CarkFish said:

Still holding out for some kind of centaur based destruction elf thing tbh ..... Feel I'm going to be disappointed when "bog gobbos" drop

<Grumpy dwarf mode>

Goblins have pointy ears, and are just as trustworthy as an elf, so just roleplay a lot of arrogance on top of that and stick a few extra legs behind them, and you're there!

</Grumpy dwarf mode>

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

<Grumpy dwarf mode>

Goblins have pointy ears, and are just as trustworthy as an elf, so just roleplay a lot of arrogance on top of that and stick a few extra legs behind them, and you're there!

</Grumpy dwarf mode>

I won't lie ... I'd prefer centaur based top hat wearing dwarves .... But feel that may be asking too darn much 🤣