The Rumour Thread

52 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

It's a horrible site, especially considering it used to be somewhere really good to get rumours and see some of the cool stuff in the US. Even worse if you try viewing it off an iPhone!!!

Just need to say this - Do not expect a Black Friday type sale off GW. Sales like this are usually to shift a load of stock before it is out of date or to make space in warehouses. GW stuff doesn't really go out of date in the same way as a lot of other stuff and they are fairly good at stocklevels now. Black Library on the otherhand may have a sale....

They did really good ones last year.

I picked up the Khorne Daemon one really cheap. Bloodthirster, 40 Bloodletters, 10 Khorne Hounds, 3 Bloodcrushers. 

• Like 1

That's a packed december. Absurdly so. Not impossible, but december is a tough month. Anything released is likely to arrive only barely in time for christmas. I would have thought they'd spare this all for january when there's time and christmas giftcards to spend.

Blood Bowl is being released on black friday though, so that's nice.

I'm banned from commenting at bols for saying the only way to view it was with an adblocker. They blame their users for their ****** as syndication services and expect the end user to report the ads in violation. It would take one of them approx 2 minutes browsing their own site each morning to find the rogue ads. 

Anyway, looking forward to the death bundle, although suspect given the state of the order it can only be flesh eater courts or everything else that is still in print ;)

21 minutes ago, TerrorPenguin said:

I'm banned from commenting at bols for saying the only way to view it was with an adblocker. They blame their users for their ****** as syndication services and expect the end user to report the ads in violation. It would take one of them approx 2 minutes browsing their own site each morning to find the rogue ads. 

I'm on my third account there. They permaban you for saying Clickbait, haha,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

It's a horrible site, especially considering it used to be somewhere really good to get rumours and see some of the cool stuff in the US. Even worse if you try viewing it off an iPhone!!!

Just need to say this - Do not expect a Black Friday type sale off GW. Sales like this are usually to shift a load of stock before it is out of date or to make space in warehouses. GW stuff doesn't really go out of date in the same way as a lot of other stuff and they are fairly good at stocklevels now. Black Library on the otherhand may have a sale....

They did huge Black Friday bundles last year with savings. Some people were disappointed that the savings weren't bigger. It's something they may try again to generate interest. But this is a post Start Collecting world we're living in so who knows!

On 07/11/2016 at 9:51 AM, Alcina said:

I heard on Saturday in a GW shop: 8 Mega bundles, even spitted 40K and AoS, i.e. 4 for Aos.

For Aos: 1 for each Grand Alliance:

- Order: Sylvaneth

- Chaos: Khorne Bloodbound

- Death: not mentionned

- Destruction: not mentionned.

Price would be twice the normal Start Collecting Boxes price (i.e. 100 £ or 130 €), with around twice the minis. But this is not 2x the Start Collecting Box in term of minis.

It might be released on 19th of November (not sure whether it would be the pre-order day or the final release).

I also heard that beautiful models are on their way, with, for Chaos, especially Tzeench but also Slaanesh were mentionned. Release date not sure, maybe starting still this year but more probably beginning of next. Next year would be as interesting as this one, or even more.

It seems also that GW sells currently more AoS products than 40K ones on a worldwide basis.

Congratulations, you are now internet famous. 

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/11/gw-rumors-holiday-mega-bundle.html

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Haha, oh sweet Jesus, why am I not even surprised? Do they just trawl random forums for any vague anecdote they can pass off as a rumour?

I wonder how much of the 'rumours' we read are just conjecture. During 8th Edition, I was super excited about the dwarf release and was retweeting every little thing I could and fishing for whispers.  I remember going on Warseer and seeing me quoted as leaking stuff via Twitter. I'm most definitely not 'in the loop' but, such is desperation for news, people jump on anything. BoLS is total junk. Even knowing that I still go on occasionally to read 'news' that's apparently now just been regurgitated from here . 

• Like 1

I think it would be wise if GW just made interesting spoilers of things to come. I know they sometimes do but clearly that's not enough. For some time I was even considering if they didn't kill AoS because of no news/rumours/releases. Come on it's not national secret what race they are to introduce in coming months. Or at least an info: look for new AoS releases in January.

6 hours ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

Haha, oh sweet Jesus, why am I not even surprised? Do they just trawl random forums for any vague anecdote they can pass off as a rumour?

Yes.  Anything that can get clicks, you can often tell by who posted an article if it will be anything good or just random "Somebody posted this somewhere, let's roll with it" ******.  In fact even their regular articles tend to be either just what is basically a forum post/blog post, or someone trying to say how everything is great in GW land and anyone who doesn't think that is a hater.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

Really hoping the Dwarf team comes out soon as they look great.

I've heard soon as well ;) 

On 07/11/2016 at 9:13 PM, Percivael said:

They did huge Black Friday bundles last year with savings. Some people were disappointed that the savings weren't bigger. It's something they may try again to generate interest. But this is a post Start Collecting world we're living in so who knows!

Not quite a sale but more of a deal :D 

I think when it comes to anything to do with Black Friday, unless you have a stupid saving or discount, people do get disappointed.

1 hour ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

So was chatting with my local GW as they got the Blood Bowl box in yesterday.

All the teams will be in plastic and are going to be available in store to purchase but the star players and extras are going to be sold through Forgeworld.

Really hoping the Dwarf team comes out soon as they look great.

The intention is they're creating teams in "pairs" - so it'll be Skaven & Dwarf as the first expansion.  Each team will receive models, star players and decks of cards which will flavour how the teams play.  Each pair or teams will also have a double sided pitch board, so the first one will have a Skaven themed pitch on the one side and a Dwarf themed pitch on the other (in the same way you have Human & Ork).  The game is designed so that you collect the bits for your own team (or teams), that way if you go round a mates they'll have their own team's pitch along with stadium cards - quite literally you play an away game :) 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

The intention is they're creating teams in "pairs" - so it'll be Skaven & Dwarf as the first expansion.  Each team will receive models, star players and decks of cards which will flavour how the teams play.  Each pair or teams will also have a double sided pitch board, so the first one will have a Skaven themed pitch on the one side and a Dwarf themed pitch on the other (in the same way you have Human & Ork).  The game is designed so that you collect the bits for your own team (or teams), that way if you go round a mates they'll have their own team's pitch along with stadium cards - quite literally you play an away game :) 

That's cool. I know Saturday has the Skaven Team and Dice also up for pre-order. Might be tempted with getting the Box Game to tie me over until the Dwarves are released.

Oh and £65 for the boxed game. Was surprised at that price point was expecting £80

Edited by TalesOfSigmar
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, TalesOfSigmar said:

That's cool. I know Saturday has the Skaven Team and Dice also up for pre-order. Might be tempted with getting the Box Game to tie me over until the Dwarves are released.

Oh and £65 for the boxed game. Was surprised at that price point was expecting £80

That's a really good price point - hadn't planned on getting the game for a bit in fairness but could be tempted (if I can clear some shelf space)

I doubt you'll see any real Black Friday deals. Black Friday has died off here in Blighty after a couple of years back where the country shuddered in mutual disgust watching a middle-aged mother of five tear out the throat of a shelf stacker with her teeth to get a $50 off TV.

Was very uncouth and most definitely not cricket!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

I doubt you'll see any real Black Friday deals. Black Friday has died off here in Blighty after a couple of years back where the country shuddered in mutual disgust watching a middle-aged mother of five tear out the throat of a shelf stacker with her teeth to get a $50 off TV.

Was very uncouth and most definitely not cricket!

made me spill my tea and biscuits. 

• Like 4