The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Carnelian said:

The new white dwarf finally has a close up of the Slaanesh harpist - even if it's in part of an advert for the paint app! 🤣😂

20181229_225637.jpg

20181229_225947.jpg

It seems so bizarre that they haven't posted a full image of her. It's obvious they haven't lost it, nor is it too gory (as they have posted distant images), so I cannot think of a reason they haven't provided a better image.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NazbitWeirdstabba said:

Does anyone know what the chances are that they'll release another way for us moonclan players to get netters? A huge amount of us have lots of grots without nets due to Skull pass!

I doubt they will for $$ reasons, but keep an eye on bits sites and buy them. Bitsandkits and such are good for that. Perhaps buy the dark eldar nets for converting skull pass gobs?

Edited by Kugane

Your best best is going to be to convert them. You'll probably find a shortage of them, When AoS first dropped there was no limit to the amount you could take in a unit, a full unit of nothing but netters were insanely good. So people were buying them up in bulk.
You might get lucky and find someone offloading a full unit on the trade sites.

I'll most likely be making a press mould of the ones I have left and just adding it to spare arms. They only have detail on one side and not getting a perfect net isn't going to out of place on a grot.

On 12/28/2018 at 11:15 PM, Overread said:

GW - testing the limits of the strength of plastic! 

Someone please show their sculpting department how to make running poses with two connection points on the ground ;)

Which is not to say they look bad just nightmareishly fragile!

I don‘t know how people handle their models since I never had any issues with plastic minis. My Khinerai never broke their tales as well as all other models.

those squigs look incredibly sturdy imo (as a 3D modeller). I would agree with you if the Naterial was Resin instead of GW-Plastics. The designers are using the high resistance to breaking of the material to get the most out of the models which is great.

Edited by JackStreicher
  • Like 4

There are pictures of the new mangler squig going around on facebook/reddit.

Edit: Also pictures of the new trog king/units! (someone has been naughty with an advanced copy by the looks of it!)

Edit 2: also there is a model of the basket chap from the cover, in the picture with the troll. He looks amazing, I'm hoping he's not too expensive so I can buy several for my display board!

I won't post it here, as I think its a bit to much like a leak (it's pretty clear but also clearly a photo of the battletome taken from a phone camera)

but as some one that hated the old one, this one is fantastic! It looks huge! (and stable!)

Edited by RexHavoc

Just now, Turgol said:

Could only find the mangler squigs and the loonboss on mangler. They are mindblowing good.

Troll king is up on the reddit page as well now.

they are defiantly mind-blowing! This might be the best release they have done for AoS yet. I thought the death overhaul was pretty well done, even if I didnt liek all the models, but they seem to be knocking it out the park with the size and intensity of these models! As a converter I think this is going to spoil me for choice!

5 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Character mounted on mangler Squig?...

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c28ea96442f74642e

Same reaction I'm having, just called my misses up at work and pretty much did that down the phone at her. Not sure how impressed she was that I was that excited over a new model or having me interrupted her few precious minutes away from her work with me talking about more goblins for the 900th time this week!

3 minutes ago, Kronos said:

where is everyone seeing this?

There are on the gloomspite facebook group or the reddit AoS page.
I would just post them here, but I think it would get nuked as they are leaked photos and not GW sanctioned ones.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I also saw some of the pictures on reddit. I think that's it. I'm sold. This is all I ever wanted.  What am I even talking about? I was even sold before I saw those pictures. But now I am sold even more.

I always wanted to collect a whole Troggoth army and the squigs also look so good. I was a little bit sad about lack of focus on Destruction forces in the past, but with these new models GW have outdone themselves in my opinion.

I think this army captures the essence what Destruction should be all about. I am voting for our new Grot Overlords to be the posterboys of Destruction instead of Orruks or Ironjawz. 

Because Grots are what all Destruction forces have in common. Every Destruction faction has had Grots in their force or bullied Grots in some way. Ogor armies always had Grots (or Gnoblars) inside them  and Orruks also (as Goblins).

Edited by Infeston

I've just had it pointed out, that in the photo of the mangler there is actually a whole unit of the sniffler hound squigs and grots with baskets on their backs (as on the battletome cover!) I've seen him once before, he's in the background of another video, but by the mangler there is actually a whole unit of the fellows! Happy days for me! I had wanted to use him as part of my display board, but was worried about the cost of buying multiply characters! If they are part of a unit then that means he should be affordable!

45 minutes ago, Still-young said:

Can add Mangler squigs to Fiends of Slaanesh in the category of ‘I thought I hated the concept but it turns out the previous execution was just poor’. 

I have to say that I like the new Mangler Squigs a lot more than the old ones. So I totally agree. I wasn't a fan of the old Mangler Squigs, but the new ones look promising.

21 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

The models have so many little ridges and recesses that they'd look perfect to do with washes like I usually paint stuff. Btw does anybody know any good red washes that don't come out looking more pink like carroburg crimson? Asking for the squigs:)

Maybe Reikland Fleshshade? I think this could be a good alternative.

Edit: Sorry for triple posting. I didn't know how to combine two posts into one post and messed up a bit. I don't know if there is a way to delete my own posts, but I can't seem to find it.

Edited by Infeston

45 minutes ago, Walrustaco said:

The models have so many little ridges and recesses that they'd look perfect to do with washes like I usually paint stuff. Btw does anybody know any good red washes that don't come out looking more pink like carroburg crimson? Asking for the squigs:)

I'm looking at trying Vallejos red inks. Not sure it will work as a wash, but I've seen some great stuff done with it as glazes for really deep, deep reds.

I moved away from painting red gobbos and went with blue as I've had trouble with the newer GW reds not coming out very red. Most of my grots are done with blues now, but I'd like to go back to red for these models, so I'll be experimenting about with reds again.

7 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Well since everyone is wandering around the web, here are the pics with a spoiler tag :

Reveal hidden contents

95cd526855ea582c90f74b7e6e139e98fc3d89b4

e48b81e8a13614455f1a818468615612_5394.jp

49265652_2457099167694543_4797837266904940544_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_eui2=AeGp7HVk6jB1rBfRFour8LEdQSid-URFrxIs7y_i802-y1H8aqF2ZF4jcyxEdgobGz74go-9TFeCuV1F71Tn1UmdwMlwmBmxZ8T5SFnl35a0XQ&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=a64ca58c93ff5a32c75f314d08323ebf&oe=5CC8F1D2

49343526_2457103504360776_815904985781895168_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_eui2=AeElY52sgSpMqE46myGxZvJN4-IEk0strd7ewhDkvyU4SYCCs1-p_0Iuti8wS3AG26IlbSnswUPT4R6yOj6-Rn9xAyCfVpfuLs-fjwf7VHIGYw&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=9859d5859e2197965e79def398627627&oe=5C9BD3FE

df6aa73fe4e049c84a0bcd1b6de6ce163b43bfaf

I only didn't post as I'm sure that potato leaks are a no go on this forum. I know searching is a bit of a pain, espcially with not everyone having facebook, but reddit is pretty accessible and don't seem to mind potato leaks.

33 minutes ago, RexHavoc said:
43 minutes ago, Ghark said:

I only didn't post as I'm sure that potato leaks are a no go on this forum. I know searching is a bit of a pain, espcially with not everyone having facebook, but reddit is pretty accessible and don't seem to mind potato leaks.

Well I was not aware of that, sorry!  As it seems to me that usually all pics end up here anyway.

Preorders for next week :

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/12/30/30th-dec-next-weeks-pre-orders-gloomspite-gitz/

• Thanks 1