The Rumour Thread

They're going to allow free points in summoning again and it's going to be awful. They've already screwed up Slaanesh's summoning to be brutally exploitable against lists that revolve around large monsters (nagash, stardrake, pheonixes).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

They're going to allow free points in summoning again and it's going to be awful. They've already screwed up Slaanesh's summoning to be brutally exploitable against lists that revolve around large monsters (nagash, stardrake, pheonixes).

It doesn't sound like it's going to be a free for all.  Slaanesh heroes have to accrue points based on wounds lost first and we don't know how many points will need to be spent to  summon particular units, and they only have five rounds to do it in.  At the moment I am prepared to believe that GW have considered the pitfalls and created a workable system that will be game-changing but not game-breaking.  So far, the rules changes announced  appear to have opened up new, exciting gaming possibilities without being too drastic overall.  I am looking forward to having the book in my hands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

It doesn't sound like it's going to be a free for all.  Slaanesh heroes have to accrue points based on wounds lost first and we don't know how many points will need to be spent to  summon particular units, and they only have five rounds to do it in.  At the moment I am prepared to believe that GW have considered the pitfalls and created a workable system that will be game-changing but not game-breaking.  So far, the rules changes announced  appear to have opened up new, exciting gaming possibilities without being too drastic overall.  I am looking forward to having the book in my hands.

I'm guessing they will gain them at the end of the turn, so if you one-shot their heroes (not terribly difficult against Slaanesh) they won't gain any.  As far as being able to farm the points off big heroes...I find it doubtful that any Slaanesh hero, other than an Exalted Greater Daemon, could stand toe to toe with many of the big guns for very long.  

• Like 2

For those already assuming that the adjusted (and points-free) summoning will ruin balance in Matched Play, remember that virtually every major tournament uses a rules pack that adjusts the standard Matched play rules somewhat. I’d expect that many of those tournaments will just rule that within that event all summoning/reinforcement requires you to have the points set aside for it. 

1 hour ago, Nikobot said:

Kind of defeats the purpose of a big new change to official matched play rules to completely veto the big new change. 

One hopes they have done lots of testing :)

I agree, but I also think @rokapoke is just saying that, in the event the summoning rules leave something to be desired, there is a failsafe in the form of tournament packs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Richelieu said:

I'm guessing they will gain them at the end of the turn, so if you one-shot their heroes (not terribly difficult against Slaanesh) they won't gain any.  As far as being able to farm the points off big heroes...I find it doubtful that any Slaanesh hero, other than an Exalted Greater Daemon, could stand toe to toe with many of the big guns for very long.  

If you kill my 5 wound hero I receive 4 non-fatal wounds and only the fifth is fatal. At least that's how I interpret it from the very little info we have right now. Also, and that's of course personal, but I wouldn't want Slaanesh hero's to be one of the 'big guns' :S They should be fast but fragile with rules like that daemon prince perfectly exemplifying that in my opinion. So consider me intrigued, will reserve judgement until I have a few games beneath my belt in the new ruleset. 

'Generating Depravity Points is very thematic– you’ll score one for every wound your Heroes inflict on a foe without killing them, or every non-fatal wound they receive in return '

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

If you kill my 5 wound hero I receive 4 non-fatal wounds and only the fifth is fatal. At least that's how I interpret it from the very little info we have right now. Also, and that's of course personal, but I wouldn't want Slaanesh hero's to be one of the 'big guns' :S They should be fast but fragile with rules like that daemon prince perfectly exemplifying that in my opinion. So consider me intrigued, will reserve judgement until I have a few games beneath my belt in the new ruleset. 

'Generating Depravity Points is very thematic– you’ll score one for every wound your Heroes inflict on a foe without killing them, or every non-fatal wound they receive in return '

It's pretty vague.  I think it could go either way.  I don't really have a horse in the race other than that I don't want to face a Slaaneshi army at a tournament six months down the road if it turns out to be easily exploitable.  ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

It's pretty vague.  I think it could go either way.  I don't really have a horse in the race other than that I don't want to face a Slaaneshi army at a tournament six months down the road if it turns out to be easily exploitable.  ?

easy fix, get your slaanesh on at home and bring something else out,  ;) But agreed can go both ways #slaaneshapproves 

• Haha 1

Any faction that can get free points with summoning is going to be a problem eventually, and having each faction that can summon summon a different way is just going to lead to a year of loophole whack-a-mole. I can already think of several situations where Slaanesh's method of generating summoning resouces could be abused with just what we know now.

Also, the number of easy puns and lame double-entendres associated with Slaanesh are just two of a whole host of reasons why slaanesh is and always has been the worst part of warhammer.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

11 minutes ago, Burf said:

Any faction that can get free points with summoning is going to be a problem eventually, and having each faction that can summon summon a different way is just going to lead to a year of loophole whack-a-mole. I can already think of several situations where Slaanesh's method of generating summoning resouces could be abused with just what we know now.

Also, the number of easy puns and lame double-entendres associated with Slaanesh are just two of a whole host of reasons why slaanesh is and always has been the worst part of warhammer.

I don't think we know enough to say whether it's exploitable or not; sure, if it only takes 6 points to generate any daemon then yes, that's broken. If it takes 18 points to summon 10 daemonettes, the daemonettes are summoned within 6" of the table edge you deployed on, and you can't kill the models you damage otherwise you lose the points, then it will be pretty weak. Sure, maybe there will be loopholes that allow the excessive summoning of hordes of greater daemons, but there's no guarantee - there's also an equal chance that it'll be useless or at least very situational. 

I think you have a bais against the Hosts of Slaanesh, and that's affecting your judgement. It's fine to be worried about it, but at the end of the day we don't know enough to come to the conclusion that it's already broken. 

54 minutes ago, Burf said:

Speak for yourself. Puns and lame humor are very enjoyable for some :)A few beers and some easy fun are a good thing. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I don't think we know enough to say whether it's exploitable or not; sure, if it only takes 6 points to generate any daemon then yes, that's broken. If it takes 18 points to summon 10 daemonettes, the daemonettes are summoned within 6" of the table edge you deployed on, and you can't kill the models you damage otherwise you lose the points, then it will be pretty weak. Sure, maybe there will be loopholes that allow the excessive summoning of hordes of greater daemons, but there's no guarantee - there's also an equal chance that it'll be useless or at least very situational. 

Agree, not enough information about slaanesh's DP mechanic or the greater summoning rules to say whether it's going to be an issue. 

I think is a very hard to balance area of the game and it's a concern to keep an eye on if there isn't any other "catch" and reinforcement points are dropped and that's all there is to it. 

Khorne blood tithe table certainly needs a rework if they don't require reinforcement points in the future. 8 blood tithe points to drop Skarbrand on the battle field could cause problems! Tzeentch/Seraphon would need a rework obviously. 

Nurgle is maybe not bad, not sure. 

Death concerns me. 

17 minutes ago, Nikobot said:

Speak for yourself. Puns and lame humor are very enjoyable for some :)A few beers and some easy fun are a good thing. 

They're the exact same jokes every time. It gets old.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 9:36 AM, Burf said:

They're the exact same jokes every time. It gets old.

Dude, please, behave! That's no way to talk about a lady/gentleman. Nothing about slaanesh gets old, only a bit more a victim to the gravitational pull with every year.

Edited by Bloodmaster
Mod Edit - Let's keep things family friendly! - User Edit - So that the orignal idea and joke is still intact but nobody gets a haert attack just because the word dangly was used ;-)
  • Like 3

does It mean anything we got a faction focus on slaanesh, a force without a battletome, as one of the first articles leiding up to 2nd ed? 

I’m a big slaanesh fan, but more of the potential it has than the idea people generally have (as proven by the sex-Jokes above) of him. Hopefully GW exploits the potential te lore has to deliver some glorious new models. 

• Like 1