The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Turgol said:

I must say that was foreseeable. You let yourself hype too much and get too clearness of a picture at you wanted!

Not really as I wasn't hyped much I got my DoK which I loved but I hoped for more of Soul-Vampires kind of Aelves instead of more cartoonish, but I wasn't decided to start another army anyway as I was ready to wait for Malerion's or Tyrion's Aelves. I already got huge Sylvaneth army and I'm building big DoK army having too many armies isn't for me and I have a feeling I won't be able to resist Tyrion's and Malerion's Aelves. 

5 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Also what's interesting how GW with AoS made Slaanesh this arch-enemy of Aelves, back in WFB/End Times he was there but he wasn't preying on them, there was Cult of Pleasure, Elves were killing each other but he wasn't anything special. In AoS they made him somehow like She Who Thirst in Wh40k even know he is close connected to all things Elves.

Same dramatic purpose, a different way of achieving it. Although N'Kari does come to mind when talking about elves and Slaanesh in the old world.

3 minutes ago, smucreo said:

Man as a death player you've got me HYPED LLV. I hope you are right with what you are saying. 

It’s fair to say- stay hyped. I’ve no idea how the rules will be but the restless dead are coming for sure!

Start stocking up on nikalakh oxide now I can see a shortage coming lol

Edited by LLV
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Turgol said:

People citing Atia as rumour source should know that she has no insider knowledge. With Temoulon gone we are pretty much dry on proven sources that are active. So past malignants v SCE it is all very much speculation. That being said I would bet on a Khorne december-January release, given the absence of a World Eaters faction. It would have little impact on AoS (updated Hounds, maybe some new daemons).

Yeah ;) ... That's why I said I was a bit sad she was under NDA or whatever. That being said, I'm sure she still have info like back in good ol' time. She's just not telling on WoS, only a cryptic hint here and there (just like above about Fulgrim).

Also, the Emperor's Children aren't a true faction either yet, just like the World Eater. By releasing EC first, GW can follow with a proper Slaanesh Daemons full release and a "Hosts Of Slaanesh" Battletome (which isn't really possible for Khorne, because Khorne Bloodbound and Blades Of Khorne), so big impact for AOS like Disciples of Tzeentch and Maggotkin. 

About the sources, there is in fact some very active and reliable sources around here : 

- French Wargame Studio on YouTube (100% correct so far, since Autumn 2017 IIRC) and other sources on Warhammer forum (you need to speak French though :P ) those may or may not be linked to Temouloun / Heachi. 

- Thebiggesthat : right about GUO, Nurgle Beast and Blightlords - now announcing Fulgrim and AOS Keeper on Dakka Dakka for November.

- Moonstone, and other good souls on TGA.

- Sometimes voices on FB, 4Chan, B&C (like Atia), etc.

But I agree that the days of Harry and Sad Panda (RIP), and now Lady Atia and Haechi, seems long gone. Still glad we have WarCom. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LLV said:

Can’t say but you’ll see. 

AoS 2 is coming but gw are calling it phase 2 so not sure if it will be billed as second edition or not. Age of Nagash gets talked about but I don’t think they will officially rebrand.

Starter box is stormcast vs malignant/ nighthaunt and likely will have the coach and definitely will have the new mini knight of shrouds unit.

magic getting a huge shake up in AoS - the purple sun is one of the old spells returning represented by a model instead of a template.

stormcast open new chambers so they can get another book out for them

this all likely happening before fiscal year end- so before end of June.

new Khorne bezerkers are already done along with angron- I heard end of 2018 Q1 so that would be around xmas

This lines up with the other rumors I've heard and reported on.  It would make sense with a  "Phase 2" that there would be a new starter box, especially if the focus is shifting towards the threat of Nagash.  Vince and I reported on the significance of the updated AoS branding on Warhammer Weekly back when Malign Portents was announced.  Logo/branding changes aren't things that happen on a whim; they mark a major marketing shift.  We even suggested that a soft AOS reboot may be coming with this; looks like it may pan out as such.

That said, I think that people may have expectations too high on the new death that is coming.  If I were a betting man, we'll see an update to all of the old GW sculpts in Legions of Nagash like the Black Coach, Bats, Zombies, etc.  The book specifically calls out that only units with warscrolls in that book can be used in that allegiance.  This is the first time this has ever occurred, where allegiance is based on what is in a battle tome rather than on keywords.  They won't release a new set of death models clearly in alignment with Nagash that aren't in that book.  Now, if it is a rebellious upstart faction, ala Flesh-eater Courts, then I could see a new book. But if it is the new Black Coach, as many are expecting, I anticipate it will be a range update (that may have not been ready when they wanted to release the LON battle tome).  

• Like 3

No zombies from what I’ve heard but definitely a new unit of ghosts similar to knight of shrouds in aesthetic

just realized- was there a rumour mill of ragged cloth with some chain mail on it recently? That looks like it’s from the new stuff

Edited by LLV
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Thomas Lyons said:

This lines up with the other rumors I've heard and reported on.  It would make sense with a  "Phase 2" that there would be a new starter box, especially if the focus is shifting towards the threat of Nagash.  Vince and I reported on the significance of the updated AoS branding on Warhammer Weekly back when Malign Portents was announced.  Logo/branding changes aren't things that happen on a whim; they mark a major marketing shift.  We even suggested that a soft AOS reboot may be coming with this; looks like it may pan out as such.

That said, I think that people may have expectations too high on the new death that is coming.  If I were a betting man, we'll see an update to all of the old GW sculpts in Legions of Nagash like the Black Coach, Bats, Zombies, etc.  The book specifically calls out that only units with warscrolls in that book can be used in that allegiance.  This is the first time this has ever occurred, where allegiance is based on what is in a battle tome rather than on keywords.  They won't release a new set of death models clearly in alignment with Nagash that aren't in that book.  Now, if it is a rebellious upstart faction, ala Flesh-eater Courts, then I could see a new book. But if it is the new Black Coach, as many are expecting, I anticipate it will be a range update (that may have not been ready when they wanted to release the LON battle tome).  

I wouldn't read to far into "warscrolls in this book" for LoN. I think that was mostly done because it was a "pity" release to give GA Death some new stuff without creating new keyword factions, but excluding Flesh Eater Courts and Tomb Kings. If there are new Death models that aren't rereleases of existing stuff, they'll probably be part of a faction that's getting a book. If anything "warscrolls in this book" requirement is less of an assurance that existing stuff will get updated in place and more that new stuff will get books.

It's probably a very unpopular opinion but I would be glad if Stormcast are getting a new battletome. Half the units in the battletome are rubbish and only a handful of the battalions are worth using. It feels like the warscrolls just have a random assortment of rules - the army lacks a cohesive vision of what they are supposed to be doing.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PJetski said:

It's probably a very unpopular opinion but I would be glad if Stormcast are getting a new battletome. Half the units in the battletome are rubbish and only a handful of the battalions are worth using. It feels like the warscrolls just have a random assortment of rules - the army lacks a cohesive vision of what they are supposed to be doing.

I would rather see them go back and revisit some of the earlier battletomes and tweak them than just keep throwing new releases for factions that already have a ton of stuff.

• Like 3

Just now, Skabnoze said:

I would rather see them go back and revisit some of the earlier battletomes and tweak them than just keep throwing new releases for factions that already have a ton of stuff.

The kind of changes I would like to see for Stormcast (and Seraphon, but that's another topic) are significant enough to warrant an entirely new battletome.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PJetski said:

The kind of changes I would like to see for Stormcast (and Seraphon, but that's another topic) are significant enough to warrant an entirely new battletome.

That was what I was referring to.  When I mentioned releases I meant expanding the model range.

I am under no illusions that they won't make new Stormcast models at some point, but I think they need to take a decent break from bloating that model range and play more catch-up with other armies.  And I really think GW needs to make a serious effort to throw a bone to Death and Destruction grand alliances.

For the existing established factions, and especially the earliest factions for Age of Sigmar, I think they could probably all benefit from getting new Battletomes.  It makes more sense to me to address any issues with early armies such as Stormcast, Ironjawz, etc by simply creating a new Battletome.

Edited by Skabnoze

Death seems to be getting a bigger bone than expected pretty soon, so there is that.

Destruction is indeed neglected lately, mostly because its latest updates are two years old. It got well served then though. I expect a couple of medium bones 2019. Nothing 2018 I am afraid (but then it is Death’s turn and let’s face it, it will always ven Order’s turn).

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Turgol said:

Death seems to be getting a bigger bone than expected pretty soon, so there is that.

Destruction is indeed neglected lately, mostly because its latest updates are two years old. It got well served then though. I expect a couple of medium bones 2019. Nothing 2018 I am afraid (but then it is Death’s turn and let’s face it, it will always ven Order’s turn).

At this point for Destruction I just hope that the GC-2018 book makes a good effort at being a stop-gap until GW decides to do something serious for Destruction.

And I hope that they do indeed flesh out the Death Grand Alliance this year with some big updates.  Time will tell.

2 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Yeah ;) ... That's why I said I was a bit sad she was under NDA or whatever. That being said, I'm sure she still have info like back in good ol' time. She's just not telling on WoS, only a cryptic hint here and there (just like above about Fulgrim).

Also, the Emperor's Children aren't a true faction either yet, just like the World Eater. By releasing EC first, GW can follow with a proper Slaanesh Daemons full release and a "Hosts Of Slaanesh" Battletome (which isn't really possible for Khorne, because Khorne Bloodbound and Blades Of Khorne), so big impact for AOS like Disciples of Tzeentch and Maggotkin. 

About the sources, there is in fact some very active and reliable sources around here : 

- French Wargame Studio on YouTube (100% correct so far, since Autumn 2017 IIRC) and other sources on Warhammer forum (you need to speak French though :P ) those may or may not be linked to Temouloun / Heachi. 

- Thebiggesthat : right about GUO, Nurgle Beast and Blightlords - now announcing Fulgrim and AOS Keeper on Dakka Dakka for November.

- Moonstone, and other good souls on TGA.

- Sometimes voices on FB, 4Chan, B&C (like Atia), etc.

But I agree that the days of Harry and Sad Panda (RIP), and now Lady Atia and Haechi, seems long gone. Still glad we have WarCom. 

Of course: EC are also missing. The thing is: assuming that GW continues the end of the year Chaos tradition, it can be either Khorne or Slaanesh. People have speculated that Slaanesh is sure to be released because of this, but they are missing the lack of WE in 40k.

I bet it will be Khorne and not Slaanesh because: -Angron and WE have been rumored lately; -It is an easier release as Slaanesh, which needs pretty much a three tier release (almost full revamp of daemons, completely new EC and Slaanesh mortals in AoS); -It should come after main aelves, especially Shadowkin, who are engaged in the Shadow War for Ulgu and Slaanesh. And Shadowkin are certainly not coming this year.