The Rumour Thread

Morning! I dreamt that the Deepkin were announced :P They looked really.. well, weird, but that's dreams for ya. All their sea creatures were dark purple/blue, and looked almost like elementals. A smurf riding a go-cart was one of their hero choices o.O the rumour thread then erupted into discussions about an AoS racing game. 

I may be spending too much time here.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Just what we always wanted...

I don't really care about this type of thing either, but it's good to see other companies picking up the AoS license at last. That's a good sign that the game and IP are healthy enough for people to invest hard cash and resources into it, rather than into WHFB. One of the sticks that AoS haters still use to beat us with is that WHFB is obviously more popular than AoS because WHFB has a ton of licensed games and products, whereas AoS basically has none - a spurious argument, but still an annoying one.

So yeah, bring on the AoS licensed games I say. I probably won't play them, but I'm glad they exist. Unless they make a Total War: Age of Sigmar of course - I'll be all over that.

AR is a potential future for wargames. It won't ever replace the physical models, because that's a huge draw (and massive profit) on its own. However, it opens up new revenue streams definitely. 

Use of simple cards or one off models, using AR to build real battlefields for the app itself to 'do the fight' like a turn based RPG. Could be really good, and a quick way to play a casual game in the AoS setting. 

We’ve got what is quite possibly the biggest and best Studio Preview ever planned for AdeptiCon – and last year, we announced the new edition of Warhammer 40,000!

To make sure you don’t miss out, we’ll be wrapping up the Studio Preview on Facebook Live on Wednesday at 9:00 pm (US Central Time). Make sure to like the Warhammer TV Facebook page to check it out.

I don't think it is possible to be any more hyped for a GW event. 

11 hours 35 minutes to go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Okay so lets do a prediction time.....

Lets all make three predictions for the Adepticon Seminar and see how many we can get right. I'll go first....

1) Idoneth Deepkin

Quite a safe one due to the rumours and teases from GW. I'm expecting a reveal showing off some of the cool models and bit of discussion about who and what they are. I'm personally hoping for some sort of bio mechanical monsters as half the Deepkin are withered husks and need to be in environment suits (basically like a Dalek), whilst the remaining Aelf ones survive because they consume the souls of others and able to stay Aelf. So a bit Dark Eldar (or whatever they are called now) and bit Dalek. I'm hoping for a tiered release in April with preorders going up next weekend (just as White Dwarf comes out).

2) Story Progression 

Again another safe one as the Dread Solstice enters the last week tomorrow but I think we will see some good hints around the direction the story will go in. I have seen a suggestion on Twitter (I can't remember who so sorry), where it was suggested Nagash is after the souls within Slaanesh and is cooking up a scheme to release him/her/it. I suspect it will go wrong and Slaanesh is either released or the prison is cracked and Slaanesh can wiggle his/her/its toe out of the crack (It's the toe and nothing else!!! ;) ). 

3) New boxed Set

Again another safe bet, I think we will see a new boxed set over summer, which I'm hoping will be Deepkin vs Slaanesh but I'm expecting more Death vs Order, with Death forces attacking a village and the Order forces holding out and being rescued by Stormcast.

I'm also hoping for more info around the new Shadespire Warbands as well as a bit of direction where the game will go next. I'm hoping we will hear about a season two!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chikout said:

We’ve got what is quite possibly the biggest and best Studio Preview ever planned for AdeptiCon – and last year, we announced the new edition of Warhammer 40,000!

To make sure you don’t miss out, we’ll be wrapping up the Studio Preview on Facebook Live on Wednesday at 9:00 pm (US Central Time). Make sure to like the Warhammer TV Facebook page to check it out.

I don't think it is possible to be any more hyped for a GW event. 

11 hours 35 minutes to go!

Ooh you snuck that in before my post! That sounds really cools but for us in the UK this translates to 2am! I doubt I can stay up that late but I will get up extra early to see if I can watch in full!

• Like 1

After that post by GW I think it could be bigger then that I'm thinking for 

AoS 

- Inodeth Deepkin

- AoS 2 with new starter box announcement/tease

- WhQuest 2 

Wh40k 

- more codexes

- new army/minis - possibly Ynnari 

Shadespire

- Season 2 announcement 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Okay so lets do a prediction time.....

Lets all make three predictions for the Adepticon Seminar and see how many we can get right. I'll go first....wo!

I have nothing to add, this all sounds about right to me!

Oh okay, go on then. I'll make some insane predictions:

1) Slaanesh!

Basically the same as Gaz's prediction, but I'll throw in a model reveal!

2) Deathcast Eternals!!

I'm going to keep banging on about this until it's a thing. You cannot resist it. It is inevitable!!!

3) Mordheim!!!

Why? Because they say that this will be bigger than the reveal of a new edition of 40K so surely that has to be the highly anticipated relaunch of an old favourite? It will be called something else and will be ported over to the AoS setting, but it will still be about rich narrative/skirmish play with warbands that develop over time. I also predict that this is what @bottle has been secretly working on up in Nottingham! :D

4 minutes ago, Jamie the Jasper said:

3) Mordheim!!!

Why? Because they say that this will be bigger than the reveal of a new edition of 40K so surely that has to be the highly anticipated relaunch of an old favourite? It will be called something else and will be ported over to the AoS setting, but it will still be about rich narrative/skirmish play with warbands that develop over time. I also predict that this is what @bottle has been secretly working on up in Nottingham! :D

Yes I can see this happening now you have mentioned it. All it needs is some of the lovely terrain sets that GW are making now and use some of the existing models. This would be very cool if it happens. I used to love Mordheim

• Like 1

Age of Sigmar will likely see Idoneth Deepkin, and hopefully Death. But when it comes to major announcements, what would be bigger than a dual announcement based on the Dark Prince? Codex: Emperor's Children and Battletome: Hosts of Slaanesh, featuring the all new plastic KoS, plastic Fiends, and for 40K, Fulgrim himself! 

Probably a pipe dream, but still.

4 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Age of Sigmar will likely see Idoneth Deepkin, and hopefully Death. But when it comes to major announcements, what would be bigger than a dual announcement based on the Dark Prince? Codex: Emperor's Children and Battletome: Hosts of Slaanesh, featuring the all new plastic KoS, plastic Fiends, and for 40K, Fulgrim himself! 

Probably a pipe dream, but still.

Boo. Boo-and-a-hiss. Chaos can wait, especially the least popular chaos faction. Something for destruction, something for death, and plastic Sisters should all come out way before more chaos junk.

In fact, the only thing I can think of that would actually beat out a new edition for OMGWTFBBQ reveals would be plastic sisters. Everything else would be terribly bland in comparison.

Edited by BURF1
  • Like 1

I am going to say idoneth Deepkin which is a holdover from the AOS open day so doesn’t count as one of the three. New AOS starter set featuring all new death faction and a new Stormcast chamber, Slaanesh versus sisters of battle campaign biz and a full Adeptus titanicus unveiling.

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

I am going to say idoneth Deepkin which is a holdover from the AOS open day so doesn’t count as one of the three. New AOS starter set featuring all new death faction and a new Stormcast chamber, Slaanesh versus sisters of battle campaign biz and a full Adeptus titanicus unveiling.

Deepkin aren't any holdover, GW would be stupid to preview them during release of Daughters of Khaine, maybe there was ome kind of tease coming up but that's it.