The Rumour Thread

36 minutes ago, Inqy said:

Still not sure why they think the more evilish aelf factions have to be in Order as opposed to Destruction, who could really use some pretty minis.

Nonetheless Idoneth sound cool.

Because they’re still ordered civilisations, not barbarian hordes/marauders/nomads etc. 

I am  far more interested in both the Shadowkin and Light Aelfs. Not only because of their design concept, but also because both would be main players, while the Deepkin will be side-players just like the DoK, Kharadron, etc.

But I resisted buying DoK only because I know Deepkin are coming soon. I do not think I will be able to resist Deepkin based on the expectation of Shadow/Lightkin in a year or two!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Turgol said:

I am  far more interested in both the Shadowkin and Light Aelfs. Not only because of their design concept, but also because both would be main players, while the Deepkin will be side-players just like the DoK, Kharadron, etc.

But I resisted buying DoK only because I know Deepkin are coming soon. I do not think I will be able to resist Deepkin based on the expectation of Shadow/Lightkin in a year or two!

I thought it was strange that Aelves - known to be linked to the Fate of Slaanesh, (so a big event surely meaning Slaanesh and Aelves releases) - would come during Malign Portents, an already big enough event !

But in fact, we have indeed more or less "side player"s in the form of Morathi and of the Idoneth Deepkin (at least side-players in the Fate of Slaanesh, even with Morathi's implication in the capture of the Prince of Chaos, not necessarily on the wider fight against Nagash and Chaos).

This way, GW releases some Aelves (people were asking for that since long) while keeping future Aelves releases for the Slaanesh narrative arc. 

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

I thought it was strange that Aelves - known to be linked to the Fate of Slaanesh, (so a big event surely meaning Slaanesh and Aelves releases) - would come during Malign Portents, an already big enough event !

But in fact, we have indeed more or less "side player"s in the form of Morathi and of the Idoneth Deepkin (at least side-players in the Fate of Slaanesh, even with Morathi's implication in the capture of the Prince of Chaos, not necessarily on the wider fight against Nagash and Chaos).

This way, GW releases some Aelves (people were asking for that since long) while keeping future Aelves releases for the Slaanesh narrative arc. 

That’s true. Unfortunately, if the rumour of AoS 2 ends up being true, the next arc will be new Stormcast v. new Death. So Slaanesh would be mid 2019 at the earliest.

10 minutes ago, Turgol said:

That’s true. Unfortunately, if the rumour of AoS 2 ends up being true, the next arc will be new Stormcast v. new Death. So Slaanesh would be mid 2019 at the earliest.

Well ! For now the arc is already SCE vs Death (in fact, everybody vs Death) with Malign Portents - also remember one of the rumor regarding the new Starter set has Death vs Aelves.

We switched from Chaos main enemy to Death main enemy. 

What could happened next, i.e. in 2019 (based on hints in the existing fluff and novels) is in terms of Post-Realmgate Wars narrative : 

1. More established Cities of Order (so Stormkeeps scenery, more SCE, maybe in the new starter set).

2. The Fate of Slaanesh (Tyrion, Teclis, Slaanesh mortal and daemons, maybe Skaven Eshin - linked to Ulgu and to the fate of Slaanesh in the RGW fluff)

3. A big Skavens uprising (there is lots of snippets in the fluff about it since the RGW and still in MP, notably an alliance of Pestilens and Masterclan forces in Blight City and the Great Horned Rat's plan).

(4. Maybe a big Waaagh).

To me, when we'll get to the "Fate of Slaanesh", it will be a huge event for the setting, but Slaanesh won't replace Nagash as the main villain (the way Nagash seems to replace Archaon for now), it will just mean, probably, a campaign book for Ulgu (as MP is for Shyish, it even has its rune on the side cover, hinting maybe at more "Realm-books") and new factions.

(And if the Skavens invades the Realms, they will have fluff legitimation (both numbers and gnawholes) to attack everyone, even other Chaos, everywhere, so that could be another big narrative arc involving all the factions, idem to a big Waaagh).

5 hours ago, KillagoreFaceslasha said:

News about Idonteh Deepkin

Rumours, take with a grain of salt....

"he deepkin are not exactly the good guys in fact they are not exactly order per-se, they play more like the dark eldar, and their main reason for fighting is to capture the souls of others in other words they raid to steal souls to feel and have emotions but can't retain it for long. Think mermaids but not the disney version but the historical one.

The deepkin can fight on land as if they are still in water, in fact the models looks as if they are still swimming, this is because when they raid the area has a spell casted on it that allows them to fight normally, The models hair for example looks like its still floating in water best example of the effect is like the latest pirates of the caribbean movie where salazar mates if you notice their hair is somewhat as if submerge and floating underwater. The looks are somewhat mix greek and bit dark in nature.

Their mounts for the calvary like models are on shark looking things. There is a turtle too which is its center piece model. There is about 8 kits all together which will take up the whole month leading up to AOS 2. "

After this comment I wondered... If you look again at the Tenebrael Shard mini, he may be jumping, but he actually DOES look like he’s swimming in the air in that “atlantean way” ....

3 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Is it possible that the Deepkin will  not of one of the four Grand Alliances, or able to ally outside of just Order? Like, we know that they can be allies with Daughters, but would there be any reason they may not also be able to ally with say Destruction?

That would be horrible, I don't know why people still got a problem with Grand Alliances, Destruction isn't about civilizations (as confirmed by GW) and they won't be Chaos or Death. Deepkin are clearly Order faction . 

• Like 6

I hoped more for those rumoured sea horses and an octopus centerpiece rather than sharks and a turtle (won't the turtle centerpiece be to much similar to Everqueen and the Beatle?). But then I wanted Kharadrons to be dwarfs in mechs and not in sky-ships and still they turned out great and I bought battleforce with them (more purchases after I paint the box). Also I still don't think Taradrel and Mistweaver are from the same army. Their style is too much different. I'd rather expect Mistweaver to be a part from light elves. 

Edited by Aryann

Mistweaver was rumored to be a part of Deepkin (from the guy who first brought us rumors about Deepkin) and she is clearly not light elf (look at her blade) - the more we find out about Deekpin the more I am certain that Mistweaver is part of them. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Is it possible that the Deepkin will  not of one of the four Grand Alliances, or able to ally outside of just Order? Like, we know that they can be allies with Daughters, but would there be any reason they may not also be able to ally with say Destruction?

It's possible although I think it's unlikely for a few reasons.  Firstly it would prevent them being used in a mixed Grand Alliance army which I'm sure some people will want to do (though I guess they could have more than one GA keyword).  Secondly, unless you had special rules it could end up with you having a Deepkin army with allies from both Destruction and Order, which though thematic could cause real oddballs when playing.

I'd love to see some units being able to ally with other armies though - very much like Dogs of War of old.

5 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

As @DantePQ and @RuneBrush said, highly unlikely and at least from a rule perspective not an unproblematic thing - although doable, but nothing I see GW pulling off. From a Fluffpoint it might be interesting though - but again, GW employes strict limitations on the GA - If you like living in more than huts and liek at least a little structure in your lifa and unlive isn't for you, you are Order, no matter how many guys and gals you slay in your freetime just for the pleasure of taking lives or if you ride gaint land-sharktopusses as a sparetime activity

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bloodmaster said:

As @DantePQ and @RuneBrush said, highly unlikely and at least from a rule perspective not an unproblematic thing - although doable, but nothing I see GW pulling off. From a Fluffpoint it might be interesting though - but again, GW employes strict limitations on the GA - If you like living in more than huts and liek at least a little structure in your lifa and unlive isn't for you, you are Order, no matter how many guys and gals you slay in your freetime just for the pleasure of taking lives or if you ride gaint land-sharktopusses as a sparetime activity

Agree, and IMO if cross-Grand Alliances rules come to be (like Dogs of War), it will be via the General's Handbook, (probably) not in a Battletome..

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Agree, and IMO if cross-Grand Alliances rules come to be (like Dogs of War), it will be via the General's Handbook, (probably) not in a Battletome..

We allready have cross GA model in game now. Aleguzzler Gargant same model and rules in chaos and destruction 

20 minutes ago, Imperial said:

We allready have cross GA model in game now. Aleguzzler Gargant same model and rules in chaos and destruction 

No, its not. One is the Aleguzzler Destruction Giant the other is a Chaos Giant. Its similar rules on two warscrolls but not the same exact unit in two Alliances at the same time.

• Like 2

We don't know their lore they might be Eldar alike with Vampiric touch, they might just care about their people (as they are all somehow flawed) but when needed will ally againt Chaos/Death. Destruction is somehow different they want and like to smash things - Deepkin might be conflicted as they might know that what they do is bad but they need it to live  (which would be amazing). Also they sound like Dark Elf Corsairs/Eldar/Dark Eldar mix :D