The Rumour Thread

On 24/02/2018 at 7:17 AM, stato said:

Yep this matches my thoughts also. These Azyrite walls have more in common with the super thin original LotR ruins. I've just built a few pieces of scenery with those and think I'll stick with them over this new stuff. 

The 40k Moon Base kits have depth to them, details. These Azyrite are so plain, no specific detail to them, where are the big icons or symbols?. I guess it stops them looking repetitive if you have a lot but it just doesn't have the interest I was expecting from new AoS specific scenery. If they do more kits and this matches the style then I could see myself change my mind, but as a standalone kit I'm a little disappointed (may change when I see them in the flesh of course).

I retract my previous statement. Just seen this in the weekly pre-order preview. Really shows the details on the models better than the box art does. 

What is obvious though is the ruin-and-board kit has an additional sprue in it with curved windows, not just the square ones included in the ruins box.  This is what they did on the moon-base kit, I believe because that specific sprue is bigger than the box they use for the separate ruins, I presume this is the same situation here.

IMG_1497.JPG

Edited by stato
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Golem said:

I think it's a baleful realmgate that has been converted to fit the ruins in this photo.

Yeah It has but that's not the arch I mean. 

The ruins set has 2 sprues it seems which makes 3 ruins (with a few swappable bits). The battle set looks to have one of these and another sprue with round arches. 

Means buying the battle set if you want more variation but the ruin set seems to have enough if your not buying multiples of them. 

IMG_1497.JPG

D7F9ADD6-03FE-4CD2-8EF5-2E778D503AE8-8514-00000F6FA7C99685_tmp.png

7A046B72-442E-4E34-8683-3D4637EB3220-8514-00000F6FAE781EBC_tmp.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stato said:

Yeah It has but that's not the arch I mean. 

The ruins set has 2 sprues it seems which makes 3 ruins (with a few swappable bits). The battle set looks to have one of these and another sprue with round arches. 

Right, I see now. I didn't notice them before.

After further scrutiny, I believe those are not windows but doorways actually. We'll need to see the kit when it'll be available for preorder, but I have the feeling that the doorway can be either open or condemned with bricks. Maybe we can choose to glue a brickwall inside them. Take a look at the condemned doorways on the bottom pieces of this first picture and compare them with the open doorways on this second picture: the pillars are the same.

4 hours ago, The Golem said:

Right, I see now. I didn't notice them before.

After further scrutiny, I believe those are not windows but doorways actually. We'll need to see the kit when it'll be available for preorder, but I have the feeling that the doorway can be either open or condemned with bricks. Maybe we can choose to glue a brickwall inside them. Take a look at the condemned doorways on the bottom pieces of this first picture and compare them with the open doorways on this second picture: the pillars are the same.

Good catch!  I hope that's the case, as more LOS blocking terrain is welcome

I'm personally going to pick up the Blasted Hallowheart set. Despite it not being a full 6'x4' board, it's only 3.5" off width ways, and 5.5" or so off lengthways. Slightly adjusted deployment zones and it's still game on. I'm after the ruins, which are going to be £20-25 alone, so I'll just pay the extra £25 for essentially two extra game boards. They'll be great for a quick thrown down with the Open War cards, or a more relaxed Matched Play game, or even Path to Glory. May use half of it for a Skirmish game, or something like that. Either way, it'll get used, and it fits much nicer on my dining room table than precariously balancing my Realm of Battle board off each edge!

They get a lot of stick for being card, but the detail is really nice on 'em.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

Come on, pics please 

These:

They came with the CoC TCG core set (set of 10 or 12 I think) of which I had 2 and an additional 5 in a separate bag along with 20 of the small Cthulhus. I use them as terrain in AoS. The bigger ones are about 3 inches high while the smaller ones stand at 1" and are more useful as board details and decorations. I even had home rules for the statues warping space and time ("Broken Space, Broken Time") and apocalypse hour clock based on the forces attracting the attention of the Old Ones by fighting there.

ct25_main.png

Edited by CoreCommander
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

This could be quite interesting.  Looks like GW are creating a book on the exhibitions they've got:

https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2018/02/26/the-warhammer-world-dioramas-book/

Very cool, always wanted to do a diorama but never felt i had the skill to pull it off, might buy this when its out for tips.  Saw someone share an image on instagram of the original Warhammer quest diorama by Mike Mcvey, so good. (found an article on it here if anyone is inspired by such things)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AlphaKennyThing said:

They'll be great for a quick thrown down with the Open War cards, or a more relaxed Matched Play game, or even Path to Glory. May use half of it for a Skirmish game, or something like that. Either way, it'll get used, and it fits much nicer on my dining room table than precariously balancing my Realm of Battle board off each edge!

They get a lot of stick for being card, but the detail is really nice on 'em.

Based on how these break down (and looking at the 40k ones), do you think if you just use half of them it would be big enough for a skirmish?

image.png.2586f83b2d5becfe5033b7555653d74a.png

21 minutes ago, Lord Panther said:

ased on how these break down (and looking at the 40k ones), do you think if you just use half of them it would be big enough for a skirmish?

I reckon so.  The overall size is 5'6" x 3'8" if I recall correctly from WD so you'd be looking at 2'9" x 3'8" which is still pretty decent for Skirmish

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stato said:

Have we seen what the opposite side of the AoS board will be? the Moonbase board is double sided.

Jungle-y ruins and ....?

"A volcanic landscape from the Realm of Fire" according to the community site article for next week's preorders. :) 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/25/coming-next-week-shadow-ruins/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1