The Rumour Thread

Disagree with @BURF1. Order are empire builders pure and simple. This is not the same as good. They believe in the development and progress of their ideals. These ideals vary widely from faction to faction. 

Destruction believe in tearing down, not building. Death wants an end to progress. Chaos believes in the abolition of structure,  in unfettered emotion. 

Look at the roman empire. They believed simultaneously in art, architecture and Blood sports. Their armies are famously ruthless. 'the made a desert and called it peace '

The stormcast are the roman legions. The fyreslayers are mercenaries they employ. The Daughters of Khaine could be compared to the gladiators.

The dispossessed are the architects and builders. The Ko are the traders. 

By taking these concepts into high fantasy and pushing them to 11 we have the aos grand alliance order.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Disagree with @BURF1. Order are empire builders pure and simple. This is not the same as good. They believe in the development and progress of their ideals. These ideals vary widely from faction to faction. 

Destruction believe in tearing down, not building. Death wants an end to progress. Chaos believes in the abolition of structure,  in unfettered emotion. 

Look at the roman empire. They believed simultaneously in art, architecture and Blood sports. Their armies are famously ruthless. 'the made a desert and called it peace '

The stormcast are the roman legions. The fyreslayers are mercenaries they employ. The Daughters of Khaine could be compared to the gladiators.

The dispossessed are the architects and builders. The Ko are the traders. 

By taking these concepts into high fantasy and pushing them to 11 we have the aos grand alliance order.

Secept last I checked Gladiators were just slaves meant to fight for amusement.

They were not a murderous cult that killed everyone else related. I am still of 100% of the mind they should be their own thing. There is no need to hold to just four grand alliences. Just have a GA for the forces of Ulgu like Death is for Shyish and Destruction Ghur.

5 hours ago, MacDuff said:

I don't know why people are so hung up on these psycho snake women being Order. 

From what I see (quite consistantly) some players see Order attached to Light, Massive Armour and typical Human Heroes. Now GW never called it out like that but if you follow up Order with the many Stormcast releases GW did I understand why some see Stormcast as the 'core Order' and basically only understand stuff that looks like it... But that's just me assuming things also.

Love the new Morathi's, highlight of the army. In addition I'm really looking forward to their Warscrolls too!

Edited by Gaz Taylor
Removed offensive comment that was quoted on
  • Like 1

I think putting them under order makes it weird in that sense too, since Nagash worked with order, even the Orruks worked with order, and yet they have their specific grand alliance? I mean, currently having them in order is fine since they are a small faction, but it'd be good if all factions are on their own one day, instead of being related to each other.

3 minutes ago, russ29 said:

I think putting them under order makes it weird in that sense too, since Nagash worked with order, even the Orruks worked with order, and yet they have their specific grand alliance? I mean, currently having them in order is fine since they are a small faction, but it'd be good if all factions are on their own one day, instead of being related to each other.

Well yes, but that is because narratively speaking both Nagash and Gork and Mork split their ways completely with Sigmar. Where other gods have done this less so. This doesn't mean that they are in direct compliance to Sigmar but it still means that they will fight and unite for Order, instead of not.

If we would link it directly if anything I'd say a Grand Allegiance could be called more like a political believe even. But again I think that real life politics don't need to be blended here.

What I can say is that pretty much all Daughters of Khaine models can look great in mixed Order armies also, it just depends how you paint the rest of your army really. I mean I've seen amazing dark and gritty painted Stormcast which easily would fit GW's DoK paint scheme 'vibe'. At the same time there is also nothing stopping you from painting up the Daughters of Khaine in human fleshtones and golden armour :D I mean the difference between the snake ladies and mermaids isn't even that big sculpt wise...

2 minutes ago, russ29 said:

The only reason why I may not collect Morathi is because as much as I love her model, she doesn't look complimentary to my high elves! Phoenix temple to be exact. But she is a really amazing model.

I think you can make it work again! Paint schemes decide all.

Lastly it's also only the western world who sees snakes or snake beings as less good and more evil. When we look into mythology it's linked to fertility, rebith (like the phoenix), guardianship (like the lions), poison AND medicine and vindictiveness. These are all atributes that easily fit the norm of Order for multiple armies...

• Like 1

What this (upcoming) release exposes, is the clear limitation that GW created with the divide of all armies in 4 GA. While Chaos and Death show relatively clear outlines, Destruction has blurred "values" and Order being a patchwork simply held together by the filaments that civilisation provides. Personally, I couldn't care less about the GA composition, but I understand why some are irritated, conflicted and annoyed, maybe even swamped by this simplistic divide. 
What GW could, probably should and maybe will do in a more or less distant future, is flush the GA out a bit more, create sub-GA's, that are defined a bit more by motivation and world views - or simply put create a Grid similar to the D&D rooster of "moral" positions. Chaos doesn't have to be all about worshipping the big 4 (no, rat boy you aren't part of the pantheon, you are just here for the amusement of the Dark Gods), but could be about living outside of societies rules, or doesn't necessarily mean the destruction of civilised nations for the sack of utter Chaos, but could also mean building totalitarian nations. Same goes for the ofter GA - they offer so much more and deeper concepts than GW was and is willing to explore right now. The concept of smaller Army releases allows for a more diverse Composition of the game, than WHFB did.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Bloodmaster, good post and well presented.  The simple reason I prefer we don’t see a fifth alliance is because I like mixed armies. Being able to form a force made from as wide a variety of models is great from a hobby perspective . Don’t get me wrong though, tightly themed armies looks incredible.  A system that supports both approaches is best I think.

Edited by Greyshadow

Just to knock this back onto rumours.....

Here is the list of who is going to be available at the Age of Sigmar Open day in a few weeks - https://warhammerworld.games-workshop.com/2018/02/20/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-open-day-2018-studio-guests/

As you can see it's a lot of people from the studio, so I think it's safe to say there will be something really cool on show.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

I think it is brilliant that the Daughters of Khaine are order. It makes the grand alliance more grey. I like Warhammer not having any pure good guys.

Sure its been said a million times but for me it makes perfect sense for the daughters to be part of order as order has always been a shade of grey. It is important to ackowledge that "good" and "order" are vastly different concepts. Order is nothing more or less than the creation of a ordered society, kingdom, empire etc regardless of morals or ambition. Whfb dark elves are a primary example of this (without the slannash influence). There will always be overlaps (i can think of death showing alot of order traits) but ultimately  if we step away from order as a single unified concept then its easier to except. Simply put if you dont want to avoid becoming the living dead. Being smashed into a pulp and/or eaten or having your body and soul transformed into some mutated sludge for the amusement of trans dimensional gods. Then order is your best fit.

Also the dnd reference above is a good one.

• Like 1

The statue of Khaine from the cauldron of blood kit seems to be freestanding in the background of the oracle photo, confirms what the older WHC article said. There's mist added but look like it might have its own base? It will be interesting to see if this is a 40k-style walking battle construct or a scenery piece like the gnarlmaw. You can build the cauldron kit as a cauldron without the statue easily enough, so maybe that will be an option too.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Swooper said:

Today's warhammer-community offerings: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/daughters-khaine-part-2-morathi-shadow-queen/

The Iron Heart  of Khaine ability is interesting. So is the fact that her monstrous form doesn't have a command ability, while her elf form does.

I guess she gets that annoyed haha. Sounds like this army is gonna be fun, that command ability is awesome.

Edited by Gaz Taylor
Swearing

5 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Today's Rumour Engine Image - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/02/20/rumour-engine-february-20th-2018/ 

Feb20-RumourEngine1tvg.jpg

Looks 40K and to me something for Tau but at a push could be something Steampunky

Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen. So watch it turn out to be necromunda lol. If this is Tau it could compete with my sea elves budget. 

Edited by Barkanaut
  • Like 1