The Rumour Thread

On 1/31/2018 at 12:17 AM, bsharitt said:

While new models are great and always welcome, I think I prefer the way they're doing codex releases for 8th edition 40k as it will get everyone up to speed fairly quickly and shouldn't leave whole factions unviable for a whole edition. Everybody having books just makes the game feel more complete and not quite so two tier. Yes, there are going to be some codexes/battletomes that are better, but the effort is nice you don't feel like you're playing with GW's leftovers as much if you at least have a book, despite the age of the models.

At the end if the day, I'd prefer that 2018 is the year of Battletomes more than a year of models(but both are obviously preferred). Just going by what didn't get rules in GHB 2017, I'd like to see a mixed faction battletome similar to what LoN will probably be but for the former high elves. Have an option to run them together(maybe add a generic battleline that GW still sells?) with generic traits and artifacts, but also have some add on for specific factions, but rather than giving them each their own full faction load out, maybe do it like the Kharadron skyports where you use the basic stuff, but maybe have access to a couple of extra special rules or artifacts if you run Phoenix Temple.

I wouldn't mind seeing something similar for destruction uniting Greenskinz and Grots into a single battletome bringing back Orcs and Goblin(sorry, Orrucks and Grots) as unified army now missing black orcs and savage orcs. Of course Moonclan, Gitmob and Greenskinz could also do well with their own battle tome each.  And of course a non-Beastclaw Ogre Battletome. Gutbusters and also throw away the notion of Firebellies and Maneaters as their own factions unless you're going to do something with them.

Agree with every word in this post, well said! 

With the production capacity, they literally can't make the stuff fast enough right now - we all want the new models but if that's not going to happen in the foreseeable, let's see the books instead.

1 hour ago, PlasticCraic said:

Agree with every word in this post, well said! 

With the production capacity, they literally can't make the stuff fast enough right now - we all want the new models but if that's not going to happen in the foreseeable, let's see the books instead.

Everyone says that and then when the books come out with no models everyone gets all uppity.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

Everyone says that and then when the books come out with no models everyone gets all uppity.

That's an unfair generalisation.  I was more than happy with both the Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw releases, and bought into both armies.  I'd love to see the Destruction as a GA get a reboot like Death has.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BURF1 said:

Agreed; for me warhammer is about models, not rules, so i am far more likely to enjoy a release (and spend money) when new models come out.

The rate of book releases in 40k is insane, to the extent that im not even trying to keep up, just painting the odd model in between aos units, and certainly not playing it.

Im still peeved about the 8 month gap between Kharadrons and Nurgle (whatever the excuses are), but the new approach using Malign Portents to frame the next wave of releases has me motivated again, so hopefully theyre back on the right track!

So we have start collecting and Neave this weekend. Next weekend is the first week not covered and will have the white dwarf preorder. The info about upcoming preorders is shared on the community site the Sunday before these days. So the big question is whether this is the week for Daughters of Khaine or something else.

I'm going for Daughters of Khaine preorder and white dwarf cover. Perhaps they will hold back Morathi herself for the following week. 

37 minutes ago, Chikout said:

So we have start collecting and Neave this weekend. Next weekend is the first week not covered and will have the white dwarf preorder. The info about upcoming preorders is shared on the community site the Sunday before these days. So the big question is whether this is the week for Daughters of Khaine or something else.

I'm going for Daughters of Khaine preorder and white dwarf cover. Perhaps they will hold back Morathi herself for the following week. 

I think we're going to get another teaser tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing the seahorses. Honestly this is my most anticipated faction. The Daughters of Khaine look fantastic but they are an extension of the existing witch elves and Medusa. This look like it will be something completely new in the vein of the kharadron Overlords; my favourite faction so far.