The Rumour Thread

Now that's an intrgueing picture. Another witch hunter Stormcast? Or human? That's definitely a pistol version of the Judicator bolt crossbows. A bolt-pistol, if you will. And a belt. But what's the blue part? The blue is downright tzeenchian. A cape or a creature of some sort? And the white.. It's not close to any chamber I can remember. Dang it GW.

That's a grapple gun (look at the arrangement of hinges at the business end). Spot on with the Sigmarite script. That mount though... Looks like fur with feathers or more fur, so I don't think it's a Dracoth.
Some kind of mounted Stormcast hunter?
Or... DUN-dun-DUUUUUNNNNNN... Mounted steamhead!?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

One thing I can say about that picture is that it is zoomed in real close, I can not remember any other case of the brushstrokes showing that roughly on GW photography.

Other than that, I'd say it is some sort of Gryph beast, possibly connected to the candy cane rumor engine picture, the blue is very similar.

I can not imagine non-dracoth mounted stormcast or mounted duradin with so much Sigmarite iconography, so, Devoted of Sigmar or Auxiliary Chamber is my bit of speculation.

• Like 2

I think it might be free people or devoted of sigmar the runes look to be sigmarish and the mount clearly looks like a giant gryph hound or demigryph. 

I think it's devoted of sigmar since they are the ones who are meant to actually stop tzeentch's nonsense or keep it from happening in the first place. 

If it's a cross bow it seems very witch huntery in my opinion. 

Edited by shinros

I would have definately gone for some ridable beast possibly like a gryphhound. The traps look befy much like those on a horse and you can clearly see a feathered leg on the far side of the picture. and you see the cloth of what is proberbly a rider.

Couldnt guess whats riding it though with that strange little gun . . ..

In my opinion it is most likely a new Stormcast model. Free people already have a Griffon and I don't see them getting another one.

The colour of the cloth/cape seems very Hammers of Sigmarish to me. Also as much as people compalin that we get Stormcast all the time, apart from the Lord Veritant it's been about a year since Extremis Chamber got released, so I feel they will pour some more love on the poster boys again... :)

18 minutes ago, Siegfried VII said:

In my opinion it is most likely a new Stormcast model. Free people already have a Griffon and I don't see them getting another one.

The colour of the cloth/cape seems very Hammers of Sigmarish to me. Also as much as people compalin that we get Stormcast all the time, apart from the Lord Veritant it's been about a year since Extremis Chamber got released, so I feel they will pour some more love on the poster boys again... :)

Stormcast already have a mounted crossbow option that rides a dragon and in the grand alliance tome devoted of sigmar's main colour is also blue like the hammers of sigmar. 

In summary of everyone's guesses I think it may well be an Excelsior Warpriest riding a DemiGriff. Old DemiGriff Knights, which are still excellent models, could be repackaged as holy Knights Templar to go with Devoted of Sigmar. There could also be Griff Hound packs. Plus war alters, flagellents etc. Could be a really nice army. Perhaps we're gonna get months of successive battletomes!

4 minutes ago, shinros said:

Stormcast already have a mounted crossbow option that rides a dragon and in the grand alliance tome devoted of sigmar's main colour is also blue like the hammers of sigmar. 

They also have Hammers and swords but that does not stop them to have multiple units with these weapons. Also I get the feeling that this weapon will not be the main weapon of the rider but rather an extra thing. If it was the main weapon I think the rider would hold it in his arm...

Just now, Siegfried VII said:

They also have Hammers and swords but that does not stop them to have multiple units with these weapons. Also I get the feeling that this weapon will not be the main weapon of the rider but rather an extra thing. If it was the main weapon I think the rider would hold it in his arm...

Why would they create a similar unit again riding most likely a demigryph? GW don't do that, Also GW said with the sliver tower warrior priest it will not be the last we will see of him or his faction. 

I still believe this leak is related to free people or devoted of sigmar. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Why would they create a similar unit again riding most likely a demigryph? GW don't do that, Also GW said with the sliver tower warrior priest it will not be the last we will see of him or his faction. 

I still believe this leak is related to free people or devoted of sigmar. 

Well Devoted of Sigmar has a chance,  I don't argue that, but Free People is unlikely to me...

I suspect a Witch Hunter or mounted member of the Order of Azyr. Both groups are mentioned in the latest White Dwarf, and both will feature in the next novel. I wonder if we've been barking up the wrong tree with Steamhead, at least for the time being - the conflict that GW are setting up is explicitly Free Peoples and Stormcast vs. Arcanite cults. We may well get new Duardin stuff, but maybe in a Cities of Sigmar context?

• Like 1