The Rumour Thread

8 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

I don't want to start a flame, just to make you re-think the popularity topic. 

2 weeks ago people were chanting that the fyreslayer topic had 7 pages and none was interested in the faction cause of the looks of the models. Well, I kinda surf all the duardin-suburban-cluster around the internet and now I see a LOT of people start collecting the army and hyped around the frigging 2+ save and hearthguard berserkers....

Still, same models. 

Edit: the point is that, MAYBE, rules that make an army fun to play weight more than people think regarding popularity.

And how many new pages were written in Dispossesed section just because there were few dwarven bits in Gloomspite releases ?

2 minutes ago, eciu said:

And how many new pages were written in Dispossesed section just because there were few dwarven bits in Gloomspite releases ?

While your point would be an excellent retort to the point you maybe think @Furuzzolo made -- the claim was that people are now starting Fyreslayers, where before they weren't. Which, granted, had nothing to do with the page number (outside of a "look, they used to be unpopular), that was the opening statement, so the confusion is somewhat justified :)

• Like 1

People (and skaven) remember we must remain united in these trying times. Remember the values of kith and kin, of family and of proper decency  as GW asks our thoughts again

Remember the ashes of the fallen

Remember your mothers

VOTE FOR TOMB KINGS! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 3

12 minutes ago, Overread said:

People (and skaven) remember we must remain united in these trying times. Remember the values of kith and kin, of family and of proper decency  as GW asks our thoughts again

Remember your mothers

VOTE FOR TOMB KINGS! 

I already did my brother!

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

5 minutes ago, Future said:

image.png.10711f6993ddc9ef9f1a9f731f4ec73e.png

Is GW testing the water to flesh stormcast out into color coded chapters?

I hope not.  The thing is It would be important to me, if I wanted to paint my army to a certain Stormhost, to paint the correct colour scheme, but NOT important when facing someone else's army.  That's up to them;  I would just need to know which Stormhost I was playing against.   Colour schemes are nice to have, but should be optional not compulsory.

• Like 5

Honestly the only army it "sort of" works for is Space Marines and that's only because GW has given each chapter their own unique models. Thereafter paint should never be a requirement. It just penalises anyone who uses official schemes (a LOT of beginnesr who will just follow official scheme videos) whilst leaving anyone who uses a totally custom colour free to choose. 

Really liked the survey. Did make a note of the part where they asked what we feel about battalion drops, first turn picks, and double-turns. With some luck that leads to a.. eh, adjustment to the current system - Provided the statistics share my opinions about it, and it doesn't turn out that most people love all three of those ;)

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Really liked the survey. Did make a note of the part where they asked what we feel about battalion drops, first turn picks, and double-turns. With some luck that leads to a.. eh, adjustment to the current system - Provided the statistics share my opinions about it, and it doesn't turn out that most people love all three of those

** Sorry! Quoted wrong person, Mayple, but cannot seem to fix attribution.

I noted that as well, but it worried me.

If those were changed, I believe it would need more than a GHB points adjustment.  I think it would give them a reason to redo all the Battletomes and Warscroll cards I own. :(

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Overread said:

Remember your mothers

VOTE FOR TOMB KINGS! 

Oh Yeah! ****** you Settrus!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Overread said:

Remember your mothers

VOTE FOR TOMB KINGS! 

So people can not play them again? They had an 8th edition book that wasn't even half bad and hardly anyone played them. I would much rather they focus on the other armies that they haven't brought in line in AOS personally. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

So people can not play them again? They had an 8th edition book that wasn't even half bad and hardly anyone played them. I would much rather they focus on the other armies that they haven't brought in line in AOS personally. 

Lets not forget that 8th edition was a dead in the water product in GW terms in general - nothing was selling all that well at the time (save likely right before the end when GW suddenly focused all guns on it with End Times). Also I recall reading that the main issue was that other armies (like Vampires) just did everything TK did "better" in the game and were already skeleton focuesd to some degree.