The Rumour Thread

I too love the guessing game but we need facts here:

Skaven and Grots are now rampaging battlefields all around the world. Which army is best equipped to stop them AND, at the same time, need a battletome?  🤔 Let me think about it...

Dispossessed! 

I mean, Irondrakes guns were designed PRECISELY for underground warfare against Skaven ans Grots. The very unit is equipped with special armors to endure the heat of the weapons and-or warpfire from the damn'd vermins! (8ed Dwarf tome)

You all know me and you know that I'm not biased but you cannot print Grots tome, then Skaven tome and don't follow those up with a Dispossessed one! 😇

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

The items pictured are so clearly associated with Idoneth, they both appesr exactly like that in multiple idoneth kits and nowhere else. If it was for another race or mixed I think you'd see something else in addition to the deepkin bits. 

Deepkin also make a lot of sense for both endless spells and a warband in season 3. In my mind there is no doubt. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

The items pictured are so clearly associated with Idoneth, they both appesr exactly like that in multiple idoneth kits and nowhere else. If it was for another race or mixed I think you'd see something else in addition to the deepkin bits. 

Have it come to you that it might be "just" a base decoration for completely different model/faction ? Something like a space marine Lieutenant on the new big chaos boi base ? 

5 minutes ago, eciu said:

Have it come to you that it might be "just" a base decoration for completely different model/faction ? Something like a space marine Lieutenant on the new big chaos boi base ? 

If so it would have to be a model featured as standing under the sea. 

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

If so it would have to be a model featured as standing under the sea. 

Why so ? Maby gold/chest was hauled to the land and proudly presented ? 

Or mayby "that" guy doesn't care about standing on the botton of the sea (first example: a guy in exo-suit).

54 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Deepkin also make a lot of sense for both endless spells and a warband in season 3. In my mind there is no doubt. 

How many rumour engines have you seen which explicitly indicate the race or army they belong to

• Like 1

Can't believe we're at 4 pages now discussing a little picture of some coins and a pot. Incroyable... No wonder most editorial websites that cater to this hobby are so ****** awful & borderline illiterate, to quote Roger Mellie "Why bother feeding the pigs cherries when they are happy with ******?"

Anyway on further reflection it's clearly the base for a new centrepiece model Halfling warlord who will lead the revamped Ogor army when they get a Battletome.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/06/warhammer-horror-maledictions/

Dunno if they'd already revealed the cover, but 'Maledictions' is a cool looking tome.

Plus added weirdness for me with Kin Newman's book getting a rerelease: his reviews in Empire Magazine were one of the things which got me into films, which have become a big part of my life. It's odd when interests intersect like that. 

• Like 2

Yeah it's weird that the Maledictions cover is good* with a cool folk horror vibe but then the cover for the Drachenfels reissue (which I recall being pretty good when I last read it**) looks like some cheap Fighting Fantasy knock off from 1988 that your mum bought you by mistake.

* and very unlike Black Library's normal covers.

** Full disclosure I was 12 so it might need a re-read before I go all out and declare it the best piece of literature ever.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Klamm said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/03/06/warhammer-horror-maledictions/

Dunno if they'd already revealed the cover, but 'Maledictions' is a cool looking tome.

Plus added weirdness for me with Kin Newman's book getting a rerelease: his reviews in Empire Magazine were one of the things which got me into films, which have become a big part of my life. It's odd when interests intersect like that. 

Hah yeah I had a similar feeling - I only recently learned who Kim was via his work on Mark Kermode's TV series, and I had no idea he'd written Warhammer novels! 

Really excited for this new horror stuff from Black Library - couldn't be more up my street. 

2 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

I too love the guessing game but we need facts here:

Skaven and Grots are now rampaging battlefields all around the world. Which army is best equipped to stop them AND, at the same time, need a battletome?  🤔 Let me think about it...

Dispossessed! 

I mean, Irondrakes guns were designed PRECISELY for underground warfare against Skaven ans Grots. The very unit is equipped with special armors to endure the heat of the weapons and-or warpfire from the damn'd vermins! (8ed Dwarf tome)

You all know me and you know that I'm not biased but you cannot print Grots tome, then Skaven tome and don't follow those up with a Dispossessed one! 😇

Because Dwarfs were so successful at preventing the fall of their cities to Goblins and Skaven in the Old World?...  😜

Edited by Skabnoze
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2

52 minutes ago, JPjr said:

Anyway on further reflection it's clearly the base for a new centrepiece model Halfling warlord who will lead the revamped Ogor army when they get a Battletome.

The only way this would happen is if those are actually gold-foil wrapped chocolate coins.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

Because Dwarfs were so successful at preventing the fall of their cities to Goblins and Skaven in the Old World?...

Well they where more succefull than the poster-things ever will be.

we all know the truth

18 minutes ago, Skabnoze said:

The only way this would happen is if those are actually gold-foil wrapped chocolate coins.

Don’t underestimate the ogors mate, it just might happen😂

9 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Don’t underestimate the ogors mate, it just might happen😂

I was thinking more about Halflings with that comment than Ogres.  I am pretty sure that Ogres might eat real gold coins.  I think they are only just slightly pickier eaters than Trolls - and Trolls will eat rocks.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Taylor said:

I think it's due to their ties with the Village Idiot. Even if they did reject him in the end they are still his children and hence tarnished. 

I find it insulting that you think my kids are a bunch of sissy water elves...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

People are always trying to put the idoneth down, erase them from history and insult them. Even in rumours they get disrespected because the idea of liberated independent deepkin models is too threatening for some to accept.

Nah we’re only following the lore.

its not ignorance more like forgetfulness.

Its hard to remember a faction that has been living hundreds if not thousand of years under the water🤗😅.

27 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

My people have suffered. 

Suffered? Must be mistaking this faction for the old grumbling dwarfs, the true saviors of the deep warrens. 

Gotta love those forthcoming Horror titles, jeez. Future predicted titles:

The Blood Man

Castle of Death

The Chains of Blood

The Count’s Church

Torment Blood Skulls; The Harrowing

Cemetery of Murder

Cruel Knives Trilogy: The Cruel Knife, Tortured Portents, The Bloodied Coxcomb Terror 

Edited by Nos
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nos said:

The Blood Man

Castle of Death

The Chains of Blood

The Count’s Church

Cemetery of Murder

Yea someone definitely stumbled onto the random thrash metal band name generator.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nos said:

The Blood Man

Castle of Death

The Chains of Blood

The Count’s Church

Cemetery of Murder

Cruel Knives Trilogy: The Cruel Knife, Tortured Portents, The Bloodied Coxcomb Terror 

Hardly the start of this trend. I'm reading one of the short story collections at the moment, and the two vampire stories are called 'The Dance Of Skulls' and 'Auction Of Blood' :P 

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

Can't believe we're at 4 pages now discussing a little picture of some coins and a pot. Incroyable... No wonder most editorial websites that cater to this hobby are so ****** awful & borderline illiterate, to quote Roger Mellie "Why bother feeding the pigs cherries when they are happy with ******?"

Anyway on further reflection it's clearly the base for a new centrepiece model Halfling warlord who will lead the revamped Ogor Bretonnian army when they get a Battletome.

Fixed that for you 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4