The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Someone mentioned it a few pages and days back. There was a thread made for it too.

Ah, do we know which start collecting that will have an increase, or is it all of them? 

In the text they said "some" of the Start Collecting boxes but didn't specify which ones 

1 minute ago, MrRoff said:

Ah, do we know which start collecting that will have an increase, or is it all of them? 

In the text they said "some" of the Start Collecting boxes but didn't specify which ones 

All bar the ones from first edition of AoS (Stormcast and Khorne). Got a reply on facebook page about it.

1 minute ago, Malin said:

All bar the ones from first edition of AoS (Stormcast and Khorne). Got a reply on facebook page about it.

Is there a list somewhere? Sorry to be a bother, but I'm planning on buying death / khorne, and need to know which ones I can wait to buy 

7 minutes ago, MrRoff said:

Is there a list somewhere? Sorry to be a bother, but I'm planning on buying death / khorne, and need to know which ones I can wait to buy 

This is what I got as a reply:

Hey Karol! All but 2 of the of Start Collecting! sets will be affected by the change. The 2 sets that are not changing are - the Khorne Bloodbound Goreblade and the Stormcast Eternals Thunderstrike Brotherhood.

So this makes situation clear I assume, buy Death ASAP, with Khorne you can wait with one of the boxes listed above ;)

1 minute ago, Malin said:

This is what I got as a reply:

Hey Karol! All but 2 of the of Start Collecting! sets will be affected by the change. The 2 sets that are not changing are - the Khorne Bloodbound Goreblade and the Stormcast Eternals Thunderstrike Brotherhood.

So this makes situation clear I assume, buy Death ASAP, with Khorne you can wait with one of the boxes listed above ;)

Thanks so much! 

Better empty my wallet this month then! 

I don't know how much they'll up the prices but I'm not taking any chances 

51 minutes ago, MrRoff said:

Thanks so much! 

Better empty my wallet this month then! 

I don't know how much they'll up the prices but I'm not taking any chances 

Khorne Bloodbound will go up though won't it? Just not the Goreblade or whatever the old starter set is called.

Over on Dakka its been reported that Maggotkin and Idoneth have start collecting boxes coming as a result of new price information being sent out to retailers. No original source yet, but likely if one retailer has it others will so the information should get more clear. 

Price list as shown on Dakka - Prices are in £ from the UK. Shows Idoneth and Maggotkin boxes. 

fade3b64299b222ed02ede298bda9850_71077.j

Edited by Overread
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

5 to 10£ increase for a 50£ product is a "OUCH" huge punch! (10 to 20% !!!) making them  really less interesting for spam. It is now rare to have to invest in more than 1...

Well they are supposed to be 'start collecting' not 'cheap army builder set' :)

Tis a shame though. None of them are exactly bristling with multiple options or the more popular units, so a hefty saving meant you bought something youd likely never have chosen otherwise and might sway you into choosing that army.

17 minutes ago, stato said:

Well they are supposed to be 'start collecting' not 'cheap army builder set' :)

Tis a shame though. None of them are exactly bristling with multiple options or the more popular units, so a hefty saving meant you bought something youd likely never have chosen otherwise and might sway you into choosing that army.

Except it really varies from army to army. 

Smaller armies such as (in the extreme) fyrslayers are almost all in their SC box. In fact for them there's no actual reason to anything but Start Collecting boxes because both troop options are in the box and, even with the price rise, that only just covers the cost of them without including the large dragon mount.  Even if you don't want the dragon you can still get a SC box and then just sell the dragons. 

Bigger armies with more diverse options tend to have less key value in their SC box because there's simply more variety and choice within the army on what to purchase and how to build it; even to the point where you can make an army without anything from the SC box. 

I'd wager GW internally sees them much like the old Battleforce boxed sets - ergo both getting started and army expansion. The start collecting title is there purely as a marketing move. GW is very keen on promoting their games with beginners and new gamers - hence why the put so much effort into painting guides, getting started kits and the like. Experienced players are important too but don't need the same levels of product support and guidance. 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 6:07 AM, Sleboda said:

Maybe not. Skaven used to be, but that doesn't have to remain so. Look at the box. Big gribblues. No clanrats. Maybe the silence from Skaven has been intentional to let them come back as a non-horde.

That seems unlikely. They have always been a horde and the stories set in the Realms generally portray them as a horde. I mean, Thanquol is apparently lurking around the Realms some place. I doubt they will entirely change the structure of Skaven. They wouldn't really be Skaven if there wasn't a chittering mass of rats on the board with a sprinkling of elite unites and war machines. 

Didn't see this menitoned before, but Greenskinz have been put back in their own section on the store. May not mean anything.   On the US site, the 2 warboss pack and the Chariot are no longer available. 

I wonder if they are just trying to clear their Wyvern inventory at this point=P
edit (also explains why they took the old gitmob shaman and made him a "madcap shaman" despite not matching the army at all. don't want to remove the model until they sell their inventory...)

Edited by sorokyl

7 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Didn't see this menitoned before, but Greenskinz have been put back in their own section on the store. May not mean anything.   On the US site, the 2 warboss pack and the Chariot are no longer available. 

I wonder if they are just trying to clear their Wyvern inventory at this point=P
edit (also explains why they took the old gitmob shaman and made him a "madcap shaman" despite not matching the army at all. don't want to remove the model until they sell their inventory...)

Probably, as he is pretty new considering the rest of the range. Its no surprised that most of the gitmob stuff is now gone. Most of it was from 1999, but some of the models were some of the oldest still being sold by GW, 1992 for the wolves and 1986 for some of the snotlings.

Only thing I'm surprised about is that he wasn't made a forest goblin shaman. Probably becasue the spider rider stuff is all mounted. I'd had hoped we would get a forest goblin infantry set. (though they work as such with out the spiders, but thats an expensive way to make a troop unit)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, sorokyl said:

The Wyvern is one of the best models GW has ever made, it’s exceptional. Shame that it dosent really have a home. 

• Like 2