The Rumour Thread

53 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

Oh, yes. No one said anything about squating them. Chaos Warriors are iconic. Just saying that the lore has them and the game needs the ‘marauder’ types. The simple tribesmen before they ever became mighty Chaos Warriors.

Sure, but if Darkoath develops in its own book, I wonder how they will rules for more elite Darkoath units.. certainly if every grizzled fighter is destined to become a warrior.

As a Chaos player, I wouldn't mind to see generic chaos warriors go and only have god specific warriors like Blight kings and Blood warriors. So long lived Darkoath warriors  can be their own unique thing and not be destined to become full fledged Chaos Warriors as was in the old world.

I like the Blades of Khorne concept. Blood Reavers and Blood Warriors.. no generic marauders or chaos warriors.

48 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Sure, but if Darkoath develops in its own book, I wonder how they will rules for more elite Darkoath units.. certainly if every grizzled fighter is destined to become a warrior.

As a Chaos player, I wouldn't mind to see generic chaos warriors go and only have god specific warriors like Blight kings and Blood warriors. So long lived Darkoath warriors  can be their own unique thing and not be destined to become full fledged Chaos Warriors as was in the old world.

I like the Blades of Khorne concept. Blood Reavers and Blood Warriors.. no generic marauders or chaos warriors.

It is a true shame that with the new amazing sculpts GW is putting out that they are sticking to their guns and not re sculpting certain units. 

Chaos warrios are old, and they would be absolutely fantastic with a new update bulking them out and sticking them on 40mm bases. 

38 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

It is a true shame that with the new amazing sculpts GW is putting out that they are sticking to their guns and not re sculpting certain units. 

Chaos warrios are old, and they would be absolutely fantastic with a new update bulking them out and sticking them on 40mm bases. 

We know marauders are getting a new sculpt, I bet at least the warriors, chosen and the exalted hero and the chaos lord on daemonic mount are getting new sculpts aswell. What I don't see getting new sculpts as they are far newer models are knights, marauder horsemen, the chaos lord on foot and on manticore, the sorcerer lord, the chariots and the warshrine.

8 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

As for the old world is destroyed and Averland doesn’t exist anymore, is a stupid way of thinking that your army you painted is invalid.

I didn't say it would be invalid. It would just be a weird conversation explaining to a new gamer why you have this highly-themed army for a nation that doesn't exist anymore.

20 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

I didn't say it would be invalid. It would just be a weird conversation explaining to a new gamer why you have this highly-themed army for a nation that doesn't exist anymore.

Don't you have a Tomb King Tomb Swarm avatar? ;);) 

No weirder than heavily converted pre Heresy armies before the Horus Heresy was a Forge World thing or "historical" special characters like Magnus the Pious or Gorbad Ironclaw. I've played plenty of games of 40k using an army of original squat models against opponents who weren't alive when squats got  discontinued; none of them have struggled to get their heads around "GW used to make space dwarfs to go with the space orcs and space elves but they were kind of daft and got discontinued; these are Imperial Guard now"

I'd also love to see a given conversation between two wargamers that couldn't be considered "weird" ;) 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Ahh but it does - in a little known corner of the Realm map, one of those many island nations that's teaming with life. The Realm system gives GW and gamers insane capacity to make up whatever the heck you want (pretty much). You want a heavily steam punk totally custom designed army of Aelves who fight with duel dagger who worship slaanesh and who basically use the Slaanesh rules system. You can do that! 

The only limit is your imagination and creativity (and budget).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luke82 said:

Can’t we just keep discussing / speculating on the rumours in this thread?

Yes, yes you can.

Given actual leaks aren't allowed to be posted (as per general rules) this thread is mostly 1) reposts of rumours being reported elsewhere 2) unsubstantiated claims based on hearsay.

The actual substance of the thread is mostly people responding to the above with their own feelings, hopes and judgments. Which is totally fine. It reflects exactly how most hobbyists might speculate about news and rumours down at a local club. The vast majority of posters seem quite happy to chat with one another about topics, by and large, related to rumours. Though I may disagree with the mods in some areas, they do an excellent job in gently nudging if things go too far off topic.

Some users seem to want a drip feed of 100% verified GW leaks, which is never going to happen.

• Like 4

Honestly I think we more talk about potential ideas and then newly released info and models form the GW community pages. There are just not all that many rumours around really and those we get are often very sketchy at best (its nearly impossible to tell rumour from wishlist). 

27 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Ok guys and girls. It would be nice if you could put RUMOURS into this thread and SPECULATIONS into this one: 

This should help people who are looking for Rumours in this Thread.

Since we're not allowed to post evidence of rumors on this forum, technically this is a speculation thread.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

unsubstantiated claims based on hearsay.

On that note, my unsubstantiated hearsay source is still pretty sure that some of the old battletomes are getting 2nd ed versions "at some point" and that they're being worked on, but still no which specifically or when. He thinks Ironjawz are one. Of course "my guy" is the one who's allegedly got the first party source who only give him tidbits and what I get from him can be tainted with his own speculation, so take that with a barrel of salt.  He's actually the reason that I thought  that the new edition of AoS wouldn't be billed as such because while got the correct information that the core rules would be updated slightly with just a few new actual rules and most of it being FAQ rollup and clarification along side a new starter set, he decided that wouldn't be enough to call it a new edition so when I got this second hand information, his speculations were rolled up enough in it that I took the whole thing as the rumor(this was the first big thing I'd heard from this guy too). But its still fun to speculate when you think there's a at least a grain of truth in there, even if the speculations are off in the end but you can see where they came from. Also just for fun, the TBD rumors from this guy, some I've mentioned already:

1. At somepoint, all AoS models will start shipping with round bases, whether they get retail reboxing or not(i.e. the mail order plain white boxes will be rounds). To be honest, I think this one is wishful thinking because he told me this at the same time he told me about Ogors going to be reboxed(about a week before).

2. Old battletomes getting redone.

3. New Ironjaws and Fryreslayer models(presumably to go with their new battle tomes). Now this I could be seeing true if they do indeed get new books and the new models in question are scenery and/or endless spells. I'm not sold on actual new units though. He had no idea of even vaguely what the models were.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

For those with historical memory, battleforce aside, GW have ever made new start collecting boxes just before Christmas? I.e. is there hope for this year?

I think at this point we know about everything that is going to be released for the rest of the year. We might get new info for stuff coming out next year(Moonclan please?) in the coming weeks the way we did for Nurgle. 

2 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

1. At somepoint, all AoS models will start shipping with round bases, whether they get retail reboxing or not(i.e. the mail order plain white boxes will be rounds). To be honest, I think this one is wishful thinking because he told me this at the same time he told me about Ogors going to be reboxed(about a week before).

2. Old battletomes getting redone.

3. New Ironjaws and Fryreslayer models(presumably to go with their new battle tomes). Now this I could be seeing true if they do indeed get new books and the new models in question are scenery and/or endless spells. I'm not sold on actual new units though. He had no idea of even vaguely what the models were.

Thing is most of this is just logical. We know GW isn't making/buying square bases any more,  so we know that at some point they will run out of existing stock with square bases in the box and will thus only be shipping things iwth round bases. So its going to happen at some point.

Old battletomes being remade is also a given, the only surprise would be if GW releases them before finishing off the required battletomes for armies that don't even have one. 

And new models coming "at some point" is somewhat a given, and agian with no dates its a rumour that has existed since most of those armies were founded .

This thread is one of my favorite topics on the board, and to be honest, I think speculation is one the things that makes it fun in the first place. I don't really see how, or why you would seperate them. What would a rumour be without speculation and vice versa?  Wouldn't  it be a sort of forced to post the rumour in one thread, and than start talking about it in another? And what is a rumour to begin with?

I am not a native english speaker, so I might be wrong, but I think a rumour is an ongoin story that might be true or not true. Something people talk about (ok I admit I googled it) so in essence I feel a rumour is basically something that is ongoing, information in transit. it is moving, not a static fact. As such, I think, talking and speculating of what posted information could mean is not different from a rumour, it is part  of the rumour, it defines the rumour for what it is.

just as an example: The weekly rumour engine. The posted picture is not a rumour...it is what people think they can make out of it it and the speculation that follows that makes the rumour.  Thats why it is called an engine, it starts the rumour. Some people believe what is said about it, others don't . Sometimes One provides good arguments, sometimes It is close to wishlisting. But as long as there is some reasoning behind it, I really don't see why it would be off topic in a rumour thread.

sure, it happens more then once than things evolve into discussions that end up way off topic. But up to us, or a mod to signal it and put it to an end after some time. 

just my 2 cents

Edited by Lowki
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

Most speculation in here isn‘t even rumour related...

I mostly read „probably GW will do A because they did B in the past“.

Yeah well, I guess the recent talk about what may happen with StD is a good example of that. But still started with someone mentioning something a shopmanager said about the status of maurderers. Next thing that happens is that people start speculating about the meaning and possible consequences. All adding their own bits and pieces to the story. Eventually we end up with a story with only vague connections to the original story.

To me, that still makes it a rumour. But I admit that all comes to how you define a rumour in the first place, and I can understand you may feel differently.

Edited by Lowki

15 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

My hearsay is Moonclan battletome regroups Moonclan, Troggoth and Spiderfang

I like the trolls in there, but not sure how I feel about about Spiderfang being in there. They don't fit together than well aesthetically other than being small and green. But on the other hand I have about 20 spider riders and an arachnarok and I'd like to be able to use them without having to build a whole spiderfang army.

18 minutes ago, pseudonyme said:

My hearsay is Moonclan battletome regroups Moonclan, Troggoth and Spiderfang

If I wasn't building a horde army already (Nighthaunt) and waiting for the StD battletome I'd fall hard into that. Maybe in a couple of years.

1 minute ago, bsharitt said:

I like the trolls in there, but not sure how I feel about about Spiderfang being in there. They don't fit together than well aesthetically other than being small and green. But on the other hand I have about 20 spider riders and an arachnarok and I'd like to be able to use them without having to build a whole spiderfang army.

I guess they both tame beasts and you can also find spiders in caves? Gitmob and Greenskinz are sure to be merged (maybe with Ironjawz) so I guess ut's better to consolidate the other goblin factions.