The Rumour Thread

15 hours ago, Luzgurbel said:

Do people really believe GW will remake the older battletomes? I don't think so. IJ, Fyreslayers, Seraphon and more have their rules and objects in the General's Handbook every year. 

I don't believe they will remake those battletomes instead of creating news for those armies which don't have one (Slaves, Free peoples, Slaanesh...) or invent a new army.

The new seraphon battletome has been more or less done for a while, bar minor tweaking and finding a slot in the release schedule. I don't know what (if any models) are being released with it - I would imagine endless spells and maybe a scenery piece (spawning pool perhaps) at a minimum. 

In terms of the GHB allegiances, I'd argue that these are more of a stop gap solution between books and aren't intended as the final product. The fact that in 40k, the next Chapter approved has the "Beta" codex for sisters coming out would lend this creedence. 

So yes, they will remake the battletomes as well as creating new factions and consolodating old ones. The fact that we've seen beasts combined and heard rumours of a combined destruction battletome for some time would back this up. 

Plus - how many stormcast battletomes have we had so far? :P

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The_Chin said:

The new seraphon battletome has been more or less done for a while, bar minor tweaking and finding a slot in the release schedule. I don't know what (if any models) are being released with it - I would imagine endless spells and maybe a scenery piece (spawning pool perhaps) at a minimum. 

I imagine the Beasts of Chaos release is the template we can expect for all redone battletomes. Consolidated force, a scenery piece, endless spells and perhaps a new SC box.

19 minutes ago, Overread said:

I don't expect to see anything of Moonclan until next year, they've teased it this month so I'd expect January for them. This month we've got a lot of weeks eaten up with big box Christmas releases. There's also Blackstone taking a 2 week pre-order (which might mean we miss one whole week of new products to order). Wrath and Rapture is iffy on if its this year or next, but I'd wager as they've shown the box art (which almost confirms the 2 other new options in the box) as well as shown off the fiends and hounds, we are close to a release this year (ergo pre-Christmas). 

After that I just can't see there's any time left to get Moonclan out, esp when one considers that GW is going to wind down a bit over December and January as staff go on holidays. 

It appears that Blackstone is only taking up one week, starting on the tenth. But I believe you are correct about moonclan.

Exactly. I can't imagine we'll see entire armies "redone" but we'll still get occasional updates to older models - like with the fiends and flesh-hounds in the new daemon box, with potentially dual build kits - like the eels as a recent example

I'd also hazard a guess that we'll see "new" models created by building older kits in alternate ways - like how Crypt Flayers came from merging crypt horrors and vargheists

3 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Oh look an actual rumour. This week’s rumour engine.10A73977-B40E-4785-8CB4-2713303B5A4F.jpeg.1619c170792340ddad43e1cc9f3e9602.jpeg

Looks like a claw from some sort of a Slaanesh model.

but could also be a new skaven invention

probabaly a giant rat or hell pit abomination, which got mixed with a giant scorpion:

the giant Ratpion

Edited by Skreech Verminking

10 minutes ago, Chikout said:

Oh look an actual rumour. This week’s rumour engine.10A73977-B40E-4785-8CB4-2713303B5A4F.jpeg.1619c170792340ddad43e1cc9f3e9602.jpeg

Screams Slaanesh from a mile.

Wait, is it legal to post this picture here? ;) Just joking :)

Glad we got something new to discuss

So 2 weeks off for AoS with Blackstone hitting pre order on 10th, being two weeks pre-order item. Wrath & Rapture will not get released back to back with it as it could be too fast and GW has to cut some coupons of the BF first. So we might look at pre-order on 1st of December at the earliest??

Good, will have more time to assemble Beasts before will put my hands on new Slaanesh and Khorne Stuff.

6 hours ago, Luke82 said:

This doesn’t really work, as GW are still selling the models and advertising the ‘older’ factions.

By this logic, as I bought some Skaven yesterday, I should be entitled to a Battletome before someone who bought there Fyreslayers 2 years ago. 

Then again stormcast eternals 

1 hour ago, The_Chin said:

The new seraphon battletome has been more or less done for a while,

Source?

A friend of mine has just gotten into AoS and Seraphon is his army of choice. I'd hate for him to buy the current book if a new one can be confirmed as imminent. That would leave a sour taste in the mouth of a new, enthused player.

• Like 1

I think that rumour has been floating around for a month or more at least. Right now I can't see it happening "soon" and even if it does chance I can't see them changing the army wholesale -so your friend would still get a solid use out of the book; not to mention the lore aspects. 

32 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Source?

A friend of mine has just gotten into AoS and Seraphon is his army of choice. I'd hate for him to buy the current book if a new one can be confirmed as imminent. That would leave a sour taste in the mouth of a new, enthused player.

There's very little reason to buy the current Seraphon Battletome if you are a Seraphon player. 

Fluff? Being somewhat reconned... 
Allegiance abilities? in GHB
Spell lores? Don't exist
Warscrolls? Almost all outdated
Batallions?  Many outdated. The frustrating thing here is that you still need the $50 book to have the base of the batallion, and then go look at the FAQ that replaces 90% of the text.  Not to mention, some batallions are in GA: Order and some are in GHB 18

No way I would buy a Seraphon Battletome right now, but that is coming from someone willing to get rules from alternate sources. 

• Thanks 1

I can't say I'm afraid. 

As for the book and purchasing the book, I don't know when it'll drop - not until next year at the earliest. We've already got confirmation that moonclan are the next battletome, and looking at the releases we have confirmed that won't drop until next January at the very earliest

• Like 2

TBH, even though KO is a new army, I expect them to get a new battletome eventually along with Fyreslayers and Ironjawz. mainly because the KO tome has also suffer from FAQs and is also no longer updated but also GW did state that they did plan to expand their range when KO was initially release. 

• Like 3

If some of those, KO in particular, get new books with the justification that they are so FAQ'd up that they need new versions just to sell the "correct" rules, then I maintain that owners of the older version should get free (or very cheap) replacements. Defective product is defective product.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

If some of those, KO in particular, get new books with the justification that they are so FAQ'd up that they need new versions just to sell the "correct" rules, then I maintain that owners of the older version should get free (or very cheap) replacements. Defective product is defective product.

This is GW we are talking about, nothing bar downloadable warscrolls is free. Get over it and stop dreaming or change your madcup mushrooms dealer ;)

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Kronos said:

I think I can accuratley predict that what ever that murder stiletto belongs to it will be objectively sexy. DeathCult or slaanesh are my bets. I can't see Khorne  Nurgle or stormcast wearing one of them, nor do I want to. 

A goblin though....?

If that ends up being a model with some really impractical shoes, I'll have to paint it red and give it a little pointy chin-beard... ?

Edited by Waiyuren
Grammar
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Luke82 said:

This doesn’t really work, as GW are still selling the models and advertising the ‘older’ factions.

By this logic, as I bought some Skaven yesterday, I should be entitled to a Battletome before someone who bought there Fyreslayers 2 years ago. 

I mean no-ones entitled to anything to be fair. GW don't release stuff on the basis of who are the most deserving or long suffering fans, they release stuff that will get them more money. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

30 minutes ago, Nos said:

I mean no-ones entitled to anything to be fair. GW don't release stuff on the basis of who are the most deserving or long suffering fans, they release stuff that will get them more money. 

Precisely. And I guess GW have to think what will sell more models and make them more money; a new tome for a thus far neglected faction, or an updated tome for a faction that already has one.