The Rumour Thread

You are making me think it's possible... u know slanesh ate a lot of Aelfs so could have used his souls to reforge an army. The thing I don't feel like they will come is because we do have slaneshi Aelfs with DoK and with malerion Aelfs  we will have dark side of Aelfs, plus the idoneth are like a shadow soul reavers so maybe too much "dark side" aelfs isnt it?

But sure if slanesh Aelfs come I will go all in 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, youngSkywalker said:

Yep

Loved the lore behind the annointed few. I have an old conversion I did using a high elf knight with his helmet under his arm, and used a dark eldar arm + trident for the other,  and riding a Slannesh boobiesnake. Painted so badly but I loved that thing. 

@Hoseman I could see these still being a thing considering there’s not many left. 

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Druchii_Anointed

Ive been asking for Slaanesh elves for about a year. It would give Slaanesh a non-human faction to worship it to be special. I actually bought some DoK models to be used as my Slaanesh themed roles. For example, I bought a mistweaver saih (yes, not a DoK model) as a chaos sorcerer. I bought a unit of Khinerai to proxy some heroes. The unit champion will be a regular lord of chaos, a heartrender will be a lord of slaanesh, and Im thinking of buying some chaos chariots and replacing the charioteers with some of the khinerai to give them a more daemonic looks, the gorebeasts would be placed with fiends I think depending if fiends get a rules update.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NurglesFirstChosen said:

@Hoseman I could see these still being a thing considering there’s not many left. 

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Druchii_Anointed

Dark skin elves with demon mutations and super strength? Yes please!! I see an elite army option. It could be great to have both option like if u wanna go for an horde army go focus on daemonetes like DoK with witches but if u wanna go elite focus on big leathered monsters mounted by dark skin Aelfs with nice armour, like idoneth army that u can go full namarti (bling guys) or go a full elite mounted army. 

Few posts ago someone put a total war warhammer picture where there was some kind of slanesh warriors with plate armour, very beautiful, I think they were the elite guards of one slanesh special character on gold armor. The thing is that it would be SOOOOOO brutal

Edited by Hoseman
  • Like 1

I don't know how many of you have seen the film "Mandy," but I'm hoping the Slaaneshi mortals looks like the bikers in that film. Think Cenobites meet Mad Max. Realistically they probably will just be androgynous scantily clad cultists. The Mirror Guard picture someone posted a few pages back would be cool too.

So I've just finished reading Shadespire: The Mirrored City and I seriously believe it's hinting at some future content GW might have planned somewhere down the line. Obviously SPOILERS so if you planned on reading the book yourself you know what to do.

Spoiler

Call me crazy but straight up I think there will be a sixth chaos god at some point in the future. We have Zuvass a powerful chaos warrior, clad in dark amour with a cerulean cape and a mask in the visage of a smiling face, dedicated to an as yet unnamed chaos god hidden (or what I believe sealed) within Shadespire. A god that both does and does not exist and is dead and yet not. It is mentioned that the citizens of Shadespire consorted with daemons and some even worshiped a god that was not Nagash thought to dwell in an abyss that was there before the city was even built, one of the characters erects a temple over the abyss to this god, with an almost completely featureless statue save for the a wide smile  and either creates or finds amulets in the twisted shape of smile which Zuvass himself carries with him.

Reynar's shadow is replaced by a copy that reveals itself to be some kind of daemon, one that I don't think really fits with the descriptions of any of the daemons we have so far (although it could possibly be a furry or something like it? I'm not sure), It should be mentioned that Zuvass himself even says that the god exists somewhere within Shadespire and while it is weak and no threat at all to the other ruinous powers at the moment it is growing in strength with each passing moment, this could explain why everyone within the city eventually looses the colour of magic that their soul is infused with the longer they stay there. It would also explain why Nagash is so interested in the mirrored city after casting it out of Shyish to the point where he's kept a portion of himself overlooking the city watching everything that happens within. 

All of this and the way the book ends leads me to believe that this is going to be a series of books and that it might at some point, eventually end with the huge reveal of a brand new sixth chaos god along with a new range of mortals and daemons possibly influenced by the culture of Shadespire before it was destroyed.

Of course none of this could happen and it's only a story but boy does it feel like it's dropping some huge hints there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

So I've just finished reading Shadespire: The Mirrored City and I seriously believe it's hinting at some future content GW might have planned somewhere down the line. Obviously SPOILERS so if you planned on reading the book yourself you know what to do.

Reveal hidden contents

Call me crazy but straight up I think there will be a sixth chaos god at some point in the future. We have Zuvass a powerful chaos warrior, clad in dark amour with a cerulean cape and a mask in the visage of a smiling face, dedicated to an as yet unnamed chaos god hidden (or what I believe sealed) within Shadespire. A god that both does and does not exist and is dead and yet not. It is mentioned that the citizens of Shadespire consorted with daemons and some even worshiped a god that was not Nagash thought to dwell in an abyss that was there before the city was even built, one of the characters erects a temple over the abyss to this god, with an almost completely featureless statue save for the a wide smile  and either creates or finds amulets in the twisted shape of smile which Zuvass himself carries with him.

Reynar's shadow is replaced by a copy that reveals itself to be some kind of daemon, one that I don't think really fits with the descriptions of any of the daemons we have so far (although it could possibly be a furry or something like it? I'm not sure), It should be mentioned that Zuvass himself even says that the god exists somewhere within Shadespire and while it is weak and no threat at all to the other ruinous powers at the moment it is growing in strength with each passing moment, this could explain why everyone within the city eventually looses the colour of magic that their soul is infused with the longer they stay there. It would also explain why Nagash is so interested in the mirrored city after casting it out of Shyish to the point where he's kept a portion of himself overlooking the city watching everything that happens within. 

All of this and the way the book ends leads me to believe that this is going to be a series of books and that it might at some point, eventually end with the huge reveal of a brand new sixth chaos god along with a new range of mortals and daemons possibly influenced by the culture of Shadespire before it was destroyed.

Of course none of this could happen and it's only a story but boy does it feel like it's dropping some huge hints there.

actually if you read Malign portent excerpt on the Great Horn rat.

Spoiler

he alluded to the fact of an entity similar to himself was coming and seeking the same power he wanted (implied to have the same goal in become a full fledge Chaos god) and he was peeved that he had a rival now. At first I though he meant Nagesh, but I think he foresaw that Nagash's plan with his black pyramid could cause enough chaos and entropy to give birth to another Chaos god . It was theorize that the Horned rat felt a stench of death that belonging to a new Chaos god who would represent Fear and Death (since those aspect are not really represented by the other four gods)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, novakai said:

actually if you read Malign portent excerpt on the Great Horn rat.

Reveal hidden contents

he alluded to the fact of an entity similar to himself was coming and seeking the same power he wanted (implied to have the same goal in become a full fledge Chaos god) and he was peeved that he had a rival now. At first I though he meant Nagesh, but I think he foresaw that Nagash's plan with his black pyramid could cause enough chaos and entropy to give birth to another Chaos god . It was theorize that the Horned rat felt a stench of death that belonging to a new Chaos god who would represent Fear and Death (since those aspect are not really represented by the other four gods)

I totally forgot about that.

Spoiler

fear and death totally fits with how Shadespire functions with the whole people dying and being brought back to die again and how unsettling the city itself is along with this chaos god supposedly originating in Shyish. It also makes me wonder if the laugh Nagash hears when his ritual is disrupted and the necroquake is unleashed wasn't the Great Horned Rat like I originally thought and was instead this new god. Very interesting stuff, a new chaos god of fear and death could be very cool. Can't wait to see what comes of it.

4 hours ago, Dirtnaps said:

Hide contents

Actually, in the old lore there is a chaos god named Zuvassin. If i remember well, he is the god whose goal is to undo the plans of everybody, everywhere, everytime. 

It may just be that.

Well huh that sure is a coincidence that GW is building up two new chaos gods in both games. In 40k there was a recent big story reveal that there is a Tau greater good god, but I doubt he will come back to Sigmar in any way as it seems very specific to 40k. Makes me wonder if this really is a big thing being planned? 

Edited by Barkanaut

well anti Nagesh chaos god will only ****** the bone daddy even more as he is now need sigmars help even more.  But considering nagesh might be have at least one  more trump card in this situation as he can release new army of raiding undead to aggressively collect his tribute via vampire cost mortcarchs faction. All in all its god for both us and games workshop.

1 hour ago, Nevvermore said:

Sounds like Malal, alternate name?

Kind of - Malal was shortly split in two deities, due to legal reasons (same as why he isn't in the fluff anymore), but those two where dropped, too.

All the stuff mentioned here sounds a lot like Malal, making it more a nod to fans than the return/creation of a (new) chaos god. Although a fifth that knocks that impostor of a horned rat of its falsely claimed chair in the pantheon would be nice. 

So has anyone been able to tick off a few of the rumour engine images with the recent Shadespire releases?

I think there are a few Grotish looking ones but they’re not quite lining up with the new releases. Good sign that more is on the way, I hope.

Edited by ManlyMuppet88

The Shadespire stuff could be to do with Slaanesh. We know GW are planning a big return for Slaanesh in AoS and a model release in the near future. Shadespire is trapped between Ulgu and Hysh, which is the same place where Slaanesh is meant to be located. 

To us speaking about Slaanesh as a dead god etc might seem odd, but from the perspective of humans in the mortal realms Slaanesh has been gone for possibly thousands of years (the exact timescales are hard to know). From the Idoneth point of view their whole story starts with Slaanesh being trapped, then Teclis making the Cythai, the Cythai falling and then hundreds of years of Idoneth expansion / fragmentation. That's among long lived aelves. 

From a human perspective talking about Slaanesh might be the same as us in the real world talking about Osiris or Zeus, ancient history. 

Personally I think it's more likely that they are setting up the return of Slaanesh than introducing a new god. From a model point of view they've now got 5 chaos gods in AoS and by the time they have updated Slaanesh and all the skaven they will probably be ready to go back to Khorne or Tzeentch sculpts etc. 

It's also possible that the Dark Oath might worship chaos in different ways to how the mortal followers of specific gods do. They may have alternate names for the chaos gods just like the beasts call khorne the brass bull etc. 

• Like 1

I'd agree about a return of Slaanesh being the next big thing for AoS in terms of Chaos Gods. Because GW sort of wrote the entire lore for the Mythic and Chaos ages on a single sheet of A4 its really hard to get ones head around the fact that Age of Sigmar is the 3rd age and that the preceding ages are hundreds to thousands of years long. The stories all do a big jump between the founding of nations and then the sudden vanish of Sigmar and the Chaos invasion and then Sigmar's return - and everything since the major foundings has had Slaanesh imprisoned. 

That said there have been servants and demons of Slaanesh around for a long while, Morathi and her Daughters of Khaine have been fighting legions of the Slaanesh for a long while now and its clear that the Keepers of Secrets have kept the following going strong even without the guiding hand of their Patron God. In fact even if you look at the stories about the other Gods you often see its the greater demons that are the most active at engaging and causing trouble in the living realms - the Gods themselves take more of a guiding hand in the background. So I'd wager Slaanesh is very much alive in peoples minds, its just not the same power-house that the other four gods currently are (remembering that the Horned Rat is also now a Chaos God), and that power might only be readily apparent within the Warp itself. 

I think it would take a long time for Slaanesh's demons to lower power totally and vanish, we are talking a span of worlds probably for an Imprisoned Chaos god to lose all influence. 

1 minute ago, HollowHills said:

The Shadespire stuff could be to do with Slaanesh. We know GW are planning a big return for Slaanesh in AoS and a model release in the near future. Shadespire is trapped between Ulgu and Hysh, which is the same place where Slaanesh is meant to be located. 

To us speaking about Slaanesh as a dead god etc might seem odd, but from the perspective of humans in the mortal realms Slaanesh has been gone for possibly thousands of years (the exact timescales are hard to know). From the Idoneth point of view their whole story starts with Slaanesh being trapped, then Teclis making the Cythai, the Cythai falling and then hundreds of years of Idoneth expansion / fragmentation. That's among long lived aelves. 

From a human perspective talking about Slaanesh might be the same as us in the real world talking about Osiris or Zeus, ancient history. 

Personally I think it's more likely that they are setting up the return of Slaanesh than introducing a new god. From a model point of view they've now got 5 chaos gods in AoS and by the time they have updated Slaanesh and all the skaven they will probably be ready to go back to Khorne or Tzeentch sculpts etc. 

It's also possible that the Dark Oath might worship chaos in different ways to how the mortal followers of specific gods do. They may have alternate names for the chaos gods just like the beasts call khorne the brass bull etc. 

I see where you're coming from but there is a conversation in the novel between two chaos warriors meeting for the first time and have a conversation, with the khorne follower saying he didn't recognise the scent of any of the four gods or horned rat (so I guess certain followers of khorne can sniff out the touch of the other gods on someone) and then the other specifically says his gifts come from something else within Shadespire and from the events of the book (which I'm not going to go into for spoiler reasons) this dude is most definitely not a part of the Dark Oath.

57 minutes ago, Overread said:

So I'd wager Slaanesh is very much alive in peoples minds, its just not the same power-house that the other four gods currently are (remembering that the Horned Rat is also now a Chaos God), and that power might only be readily apparent within the Warp itself. 

In the short story of Blacktalon, Neave is hunting a Tzeenchian sorcerer. Not to spoil too much but one of the dialogues went (summarizing) something along the lines:

Spoiler

Neave: "Slaanesh? Wasn't he killed by the elven gods?"

Sorcerer: "Oh, how little do you know..."

1 hour ago, Dirtnaps said:

I see where you're coming from but there is a conversation in the novel between two chaos warriors meeting for the first time and have a conversation, with the khorne follower saying he didn't recognise the scent of any of the four gods or horned rat (so I guess certain followers of khorne can sniff out the touch of the other gods on someone) and then the other specifically says his gifts come from something else within Shadespire and from the events of the book (which I'm not going to go into for spoiler reasons) this dude is most definitely not a part of the Dark Oath.

You're probably right then. Though from a business point of view I find it hard to see a new chaos god. If be interested to hear more about this as I'm not likely to read the book. Maybe this warrants it's own spoiler filled thread? 

As for rumours Orktober will surely fill the remaining preorder slots for this month. I'm also going out on a limb and saying Blackstone Fortress will release alongside Wrath and Rapture in November. 

Well next weeks preorders are Killteam so it would stand to reason that the end of the month would be ork pre and release events. At least one if not two prerelease waves.

I'd agree that we should expect to see Wrath and Rapture in November or the very start of December. 

I dont know anything about lore of blackstone fortress, I saw a video but anything else but maybe we have a connection between 40k and Sigmar there. Slanesh we know is going to go out sooner than later and the box Wrath and Rapture is going to be the first release to AoS and then will come new models (and I hope a dark mutated armored elves guard mounted on monsters like an idoneth slaneshy thing), and we know 40k players want Slanesh rise too and we saw on adeptus titanicus a picture where a small titan or something was scratching with his foot a keeper of secrets... so maybe we can have on November 2 slanesh boxes, one for AoS and one for 40k if Blackstone fortress faces slanesh as Silver tower faced Tzeentch. Could be nice

• Haha 1

Rather not - WHQ: Blackstone Fortress is about Rogue Trader who finds titular Blackstone Fortress - ancient spaceship created by unknown race that's made of material that can repel or empower warp energy. It was used in the war between Eldar and Necrons. Two Blackstone fortresses were known - one controlled by Abaddon (destroyed when he rammed a planet with it) and second controlled by Huron Blackheart. It will probably have Black Legion CSM as antagonists and they represent Chaos Undivided.

I doubt there is any possibility for Slaneshi Aelves, as we already had two Elves factions and they are quite dark lorewise + there are Malerion Aelves coming sometime in the future. Not to mention Teclis and Tyrion Aelves. 

I think it's terrible idea to overflow AoS with Elves. 

• Like 5