The Rumour Thread

Also the new carry case for Shadspire looks very neat - everything you need in one handy case that looks like it would slip into most bags very easily. A nice way to carry an all-in-one set to throw down on the table. It also looks like (for some possibly not all) it can hold two parties not just one; so you could carry different forces to use or to do a demo game with someone where you've brought all the parts to play. 

5 hours ago, Overread said:

As its a unique model I'd wager its going to be just an alternate model for a regular trooper rather than a hero. So something epic for your squad leader 

Is this normally the case? The unique Guardian of Souls has different rules and this model is carrying a weapon that other Bladegheists don't carry, so I thought she would have her own rules.

I think it's a little different in this case since Bladegheists aren't heroes, that said it could be a new hero (which would absolutely suck unless they made a regular version available since it's not readily available) but I think it's more likely that it's just meant to be a unique model especially since they don't have a unit leader.

Is.... there any chance these made to order guys will come back in plastic? 

The troll dude, one-eye, the dragon, all of these are so epic.

why were they discontinued? What are the odds these guys ever return in new glorious forms? Why did they retire them in the first place? 

Are they just abandoning these and streamlining everything? 

Any rumours about any of this stuff?

No rumours at all. In general they might be abandoned or they might come back or something similar might come back but no one save GW knows and such things might not even be on the radar for years.

Fantasy near the end was bleeding out money. It was costing money to produce and stock, but it was not selling. This caused GW at the time to shift a lot of material direct order only to cut down on the amount needed to be produced to stock retailers. However as fantasy sales continued to go down they also started to drop models from their range. Many (not all) were finecast (a material GW had production quality issues with anyway thus resulting  in an increase in returns due to misscasting). 

So a lot of fantasy ranges lost models as GW pulled them off sale. 

Right now they are the last chance to buy in truth. Some might return, but its totally unknown; others might never ever come back in any form; plus the time scales could be in years or even decades. I think if you are interested in any get them now whilst you can; they will only go up in value (most times) on ebay once GW stops production of them. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

In case anyone was wondering about the release schedule for Nightvault WD confirms the new expansions will be released "over the next 12 months" so expect the next warbands in Feb as per Shadespire. 

I was hoping to have a little taste of Darkoath earlier than February, oh well then ?

9 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

The other day a friend told me on the world that was Slanesh had chaos elf cultists... how cool would it be to see that now! An aelf chaos army with slanesh touch and demons... 

It was the cult of slannesh. Such a fun army to play too!

2 hours ago, Ben said:

It was the cult of slannesh. Such a fun army to play too!

Ah, the good old days, when Morathi followed slaanesh just for the pleasure of spending time and undermining other dark elf leaders. 

Seeing the appearance of fully flushed out chaos elves would be a dream come true. Murderous ex-khainit elves following Khorne as the true form of Khain. Mischievous elves in the service of Tzeentch, boosting the already strong connection with magic, the pointy ears have. Elves of slaanesh, originating from the souls left from Slaaneshs jail break and their ranks boosted by the elves which gave in to pure emotions and lust. And sick, bloated elves, that result from glutton and decay through decadence. All in one faction, not fractured like the godspecific armies. But still allowing marked troops in these, similar to beast men 

• Like 1