The Rumour Thread

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

There's a similarity between the leaked kit and this old picture (I've heard people call it a phantasm of Slaanesh, but I'm unsure if that's the official name). Would be awesome to have a fiend/phantasm duel kit.

ffc3c84b0d671a0dc23921655fbb66b68a4c6231ae6630dddefb0aecf326ec25.png

The similarity really is the claws, ****** and sinuous shape which is all pretty typical of Slaanesh stuff in general. I’m not convinced it’s a dual kit, from the sprue. However, I’d love to see that as a seperate model. 

Edited by Still-young

11 minutes ago, Still-young said:

The similarity really is the claws, ****** and sinuous shape which is all pretty typical of Slaanesh stuff in general. I’m not convinced it’s a dual kit, from the sprue. However, I’d love to see that as a seperate model. 

Yeah, it may just be a running theme of Slaanesh, but now I've seen this picture I really want it to be a model. 

And this is why leaks should be encouraged from a consumer standpoint not hidden away instead of "i saw a  leaked thing but I'm not allowed to share it but it's definitely a real thing you can trust me with no evidence "

Edited by Arkiham
  • Like 4

Damn, GW. I think we all could agree that you just won the internet for an hour. This is a wounderful way of dealing with a "leak"/building hype. And man, Slaanesh is looking tempting.

3 hours ago, Hoseman said:

In the new community article, are this goblin models new? they look like the shadespire warband

https://whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/AoSPPMatchedPlay-Sep27-BeastOfChaos.jpg

Definitely the existing Nightgoblins. The similarity to the Shadespire band only shows how good GW is sometimes at reproducing the old defining core elements of a design while pushing it further and building and expanding on it. 

Edited by youngSkywalker
  • Like 1

On interesting thing of note is that if you wanted to custom craft it all male or all female the way the chest area is designed it might not be too hard a conversion to achieve since both sides are fairly open access and easily modified. 

I also love the way they've done the head and legs, really added a lot and I think it looks far more sleek and deadly than the older model which had more of a charger horse feel with its hooflike leg ends. 

Well they've got all the trained staff, tools and editing equipment and it came out well after 5pm (normal GW closing time) so I'd wager it could have been done in a day. Perhaps they already had some of the concept planned for something else later and just put it into action for this and then a couple of staff burned the evening oils to get it edited and put up.

Time and money well spent as they've taken control of the leak and earned themselves big points in community relations at the same time

I'm saying this not as a "14 year old boy" but as a supporter of both tradition and courage:

I am glad they kept the female chest anatomy (got censored for using the br-word that is in no way dirty or slang ?).

I have liked the general style and background of Slaanesh since the Realm of Chaos books came out. When it appeared GW was going to take some of that away, I was bummed. If they are keeping it, then hats off to them.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

Anyone else notice 'Six' and '32 wounds' flash up throughout the video. Six is an obvious reference to Slaanesh's number, but no idea where 32 wounds comes from.

Edit: now that I've caught it on a screenshot, it says something else - looks like '35 sound'. Probably means nothing and was just added on for the theme, but popped up a few times.

Screenshot_20181001-214116_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20181001-214607_YouTube.jpg

Edited by Enoby

GW Staffer - so what you want us to do an old infomircial type show

GW Staffer 2 - yeah so just throw in a bunch of oldtimy timestops and stuff into the video

GW Staffer 1 - want them to be relevant to anything coming up?

GW Staffer 2 - oh gods no they've already got one early leak. But it will be fun watching them try to come up with insane theories for what they could be for the next X months 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm not even the biggest chaos fan but just wanted to give a shout out to GW for not being afraid to still put exposed b r e a s t s on sculpts. 

I know that's not everything She's/he's about but it was kinda part of the aesthetics and theme. 

I was wondering if Slaanesh was going to go all PG-13 on us and I'm glad GWs embraced the fact that their setting is still grim and not all fans are child. 

Props GW. 

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 2

Oh my lord, that fiend is amazing, so much detail. I've never been fully into Slaanesh, Nurgle Tzeentch and a little bit of Khorne, but the dark prince really does look promising, if this is the level of detail on the fiend then the Keeper of Secrets may just blow me away.

Those leather greaves hooked into the skin are such an intresting bit of detail.  

• Like 2