The Rumour Thread

Rather selfish; but when GW said 2018 was going to be the year of death I kind of expected more than two battletomes (I’m not including the shade spire ghosts) only one of which had new models to go with it. Oh well #Abhorash2020

Edited by El Syf
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Chikout said:

We will get Nightvault before the end of the year, perhaps in October. If so we will get two  more warbands; Moonclan and Tzeentch before the end of the year.

we will get wrath and rapture, probably in November.

Underworlds is not AoS. Sure same universe from a hobby perspective, but from a gameplay perspective even though they give you a warscroll, they aren't really that viable.

We have no idea what Wrath and Rapture even is, beyond it's in the AoS universe and features Slaneesh vs Khorne.  Why are you predicting it comes out this year? 

Basically we are getting a battletome. Everyone here was hyped about getting a full faction refresh or two which seems like it may not happen. 

33 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Rather selfish; but when GW said 2018 was going to be the year of death I kind of expected more than two battletomes (I’m not including the shade spire ghosts) only one of which had new models to go with it. Oh well #Abhorash2020

Dude, Nagash changed the Realms with the necroquake - that alone should make for a good year for death. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

Dude, Nagash changed the Realms with the necroquake - that alone should make for a good year for death. 

Technically the necroquake was the result of Skaven messing around Nagaash's pyramid. Though if his plan did went off without a hitch  he probably would have made a big impact on the realm anyway

• Like 1

sheesh...

Mini Campaign comes out (MP) with months of free online stories around Death.

The narrative of the core game focuses on death.

Two new battletomes come out. One with a fully fleshed out new army.

The main setting side game features more death narrative.

How much more focus can there be? Do you folks already own every bit of AoS 2 and have it all painted up ready to play? Played through all the battle plans? Read all the tales? Sitting on your hands already waiting for more? Have all the FEC And Deathrattle models painted as well?

No wonder GW closed their forums long ago...

Edited by Mr. White
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 1

Indeed. We have seen a lot for AoS / fantasy this year. So many new kits. There was a time when it took GW 3 years to release the same amount for fantasy as what we received this year.

It's incredible.

I don't believe we will see goblins or darkoath this year. Probably in october/ early november a Blightwaresque box for Khorne/Slaanesh with late january a huge Slaanesh release. I wouldn't be amazed if we see in the spring a new Aelves release and maybe late summer / early autumn Darkoath or Gobs.

I think in 2019 40k will receive the attention AoS recieved in 2018. 

Edited by Tonhel

AoS I think will get better attention - a lot of the 40K armies got nothing or one model only in their updated Codex; whilst AoS are typically getting far more. Then again AoS/Fantasy went a lot longer being neglected so there are a lot more factions and things in need of an update than there are for many 40K factions -  even the Xeno factions are pretty well rounded today in terms of model choices and options. 

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Then again AoS/Fantasy went a lot longer being neglected so there are a lot more factions and things in need of an update than there are for many 40K factions -  even the Xeno factions are pretty well rounded today in terms of model choices and options

When you read some comments on FB or other forums.... Some people act like they didn't get new models since at least XVIII century.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, El Syf said:

-Battletome

-Spells

-7 new unit kits.

-3 New Named Characters

-4+ Hero units

and a big centrepiece (black coach)

And you ahve Nagash, the system is called Age of the Sigmar, and we have Nagash. Im just a jelous Chaos Undivided collector btw :D If Gw ever do an Abhorash, Ushoran or Wsoran I may just give in and have to pick up some undead.

Edited by Kronos

I think Order is a separate case, and it's not always helpful to look at releases from a Grand Alliance perspective. For example, Stormcast have had 4 releases, whereas Dispossessed have had 0, but they are both Order. Dispossessed players won't be satisfied by the Stormcast releases regardless of Grand Alliance, so it'd be unfair to complain about a Dispossessed release because of the number of Stormcast releases. This is especially the case for Order.

I think it's best to look at things from a faction perspective. If a faction hasn't had a release for ages, then it would be nice to see something for it regardless of the releases in its Grand Alliance.

• Like 7

In fairness when Fantasy ended and Sigmar started Order was left in FAR more a mess than many of the other factions. The Aelf and human factions got split up which made a huge number of tiny subfactions that need tidying up. That GW has decided to add, on top of that, 3 unique Aelf factions in addition hasn't helped matters either. 

Now granted Skaven could do with a clean up too and Death has some really odd groupings (one appears to be just heroes from the other army; several are just 1 model which is basically standing there on its own etc...) So its not a situation unique to Order, its just far more noticeable (esp when you've got Stormcast there with 60 units and everything else is under 20 on the store page)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I, for one, still believe in Grotvember. It would go hand in hand with Orktober, and the amount of hints we've had in the last few months has been pretty extensive for a spring/summer release. And it would be weird to release an Underworld band without a proper AoS faction. Not impossible, but weird. But it's possible GW switched the release of Grots and Slaneesh for... reasons.

Edited by Minis by Night
  • Thanks 1

Death is actually a pretty unique faction in the sense that every new  release also strengthens old ones. 

Nagash be praised. 

No other faction brings the same rigid leadership with it. 

So while Order will work together, there is no Legions of Nagash to bring together all the different sub factions. 

Chaos is close, but nowhere near Deaths “crisp” design. Death is structured, different in style and overall very neat.

• Like 1

While I do have faith in LLV's rumours, I'm getting a little concerned we may not see a Moonclan battletome for a long while. Maybe they're waiting for the right moment to leak it, but it seems like we would have heard something about it at NOVA. 

I hope they're just keeping tight lipped on it until it's closer to the time, as to not draw the attention off anything else.

39 minutes ago, Kronos said:

-Battletome

-Spells

-7 new unit kits.

-3 New Named Characters

-4+ Hero units

and a big centrepiece (black coach)

And you ahve Nagash, the system is called Age of the Sigmar, and we have Nagash. Im just a jelous Chaos Undivided collector btw :D If Gw ever do an Abhorash, Ushoran or Wsoran I may just give in and have to pick up some undead.

As long as there was no new Blood Knights sculpt it wasn‘t  the year of death ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, El Syf said:

Order have had 3 battle tomes in the same time, all with at new models. Year of order would have been more appropriate! 

Yeah, I think some 40k Xeno  and Chaos  collectors feel the same about Sm.

You do raise a valid point. But if they’re pumping out that many Stormcasts releases it beacuse they’re selling, which means GW gets more moolah, that means a healthy company which can invest in bringing all the shiny things undead just got, and all the things everyone else will get. Aelves were also dearly needed, not having received, anything since all lore pretty much got turned inside out (which I personally loved). Undead still got The healthiest  release from the 4 Battletomes released this year. 

I’d rather wait for more diverse releases inbetween stormcast, primaris and Khorne if it means that the company does better, which from what I hear it has been recently.  

Undead, in my opinion are one of the most cohesive armies, from what I hear in game play (i dont game so IDK) but also an undead force looks better together regardless of subfaction than say, Sylvaneth with a unit or two of fyreslayers, and a Unit of Witch Elves for fun.

Im just saying, it doesnt look that bad from where Im standing, but Im not looking to step on toes, just giving perpective that other armies havent had as near as much as undead have in the last few years.

Edited by Kronos

30 minutes ago, Enoby said:

While I do have faith in LLV's rumours, I'm getting a little concerned we may not see a Moonclan battletome for a long while. Maybe they're waiting for the right moment to leak it, but it seems like we would have heard something about it at NOVA. 

Well, they just announced Beast of Chaos.
Battletome is not even out yet ...

What do you expect from GW?
"Hey guys, don't buy BoC cause right after them there will be another new battletome! Save your money for that one!"

It would have been a lil' bit weird, to be fair.

Edited by Sev
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

I, for one, still believe in Grotvember. It would go hand in hand with Orktober, and the amount of hints we've had in the last few months has been pretty extensive for a spring/summer release. And it would be weird to release an Underworld band without a proper AoS faction. Not impossible, but weird. But it's possible GW switched the release of Grots and Slaneesh for... reasons.

Grots for november is very unlikely. The october white dwarf showed BoC battletome + spells. So BoC will be either a late september release or an october release. GW confirmed that Orks are in october. Before Orks there will be Roque trader Kill team expansion. Late october / early november will probably be Nightvault.

I don't believe GW switches army releases easly.. if they ever did.

It seems that Grots will get only get a Underworld release in the near future.

I think we will see Slaanesh / Khorne and than Darkoath and another Aelves army before grots.

This is also interesting: Taken from War of Sigmar

thumb_40537821_892404440956350_508037661

• Like 1

Look I think it is a great idea to mix up some other faction into the release dates.

yes I understand that this year should be the year of death, but it would be very tiresome, if you see only releases for death for a whole year.

how would you feel if Skaven and only skaven will be released trough the whole year of 2019.

wouldnt it get boring?

(Oh a just one more thing the year 2019 was only taken as an example and doesn’t necessarily mean that skaven are  coming in 2019. Although I would really like it having some kind of an skaven release, than ???

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Grots for november is very unlikely. The october white dwarf showed BoC battletome + spells. So BoC will be either a late september release or an october release. GW confirmed that Orks are in october. Before Orks there will be Roque trader Kill team expansion. Late october / early november will probably be Nightvault.

I don't believe GW switches army releases easly.. if they ever did.

It seems that Grots will get only get a Underworld release in the near future.

I think we will see Slaanesh / Khorne and than Darkoath and another Aelves army before grots.

There hasn't been any rumors of more Aelves though, the things that have been hinted to be in the work is Kharadron Overlords and Destruction/ Ironjawz models.

7 minutes ago, novakai said:

There hasn't been any rumors of more Aelves though, the things that have been hinted to be in the work is Kharadron Overlords and Destruction/ Ironjawz models.

True, but with the return of Slaanesh it seems inevitable that Malerion, Teclis and Tyrion will show up. Which could be a nice 2019 campaign.

1 minute ago, Tonhel said:

True, but with the return of Slaanesh it seems inevitable that Malerion, Teclis and Tyrion will show up. Which could be a nice 2019 campaign.

I think 2019 is going to have a 40k campaign since they hinted at one in Nova, Also their is a chance Slaanesh may not actually escape its when the  battletome get release. also Lorewise we haven't resolve the big Nagash problem right now.

Destruction “just” needs a solid base. Such iconic stuff, so much potential, so little things done. Ironjawz, as much as i like them are a joke in terms of model range & grots & trolls got nothing so far.

same goes for Sklaven - who at least had a kinda strong end times release. But even then it was mainly skyre.