The Rumour Thread

49 minutes ago, Spiky Norman said:

@Arkiham you seem excessively negative to me, and see scorn and ridicule where I merely see outreach and fun. In the face of all these great changes that GW have done lately and continues to so it seems, I do not understand how you can keep having such a negative filter on things.

When the cat bites you enough times you know not to trust the cat. A lot of people feel that way with GW and theyre actually doing something about it now but it does take time to rebuild it. Let the guy go through rebuilding trust and let his opinions be opinions and not judge him because of it. We are all friends here and it really is a nice friendly community where we accept all modes of playstyle and opinion with an easy discussion. :) 

In other news, I AM SO PUMPED WHEN ARE THEY COMING WHY ARENT THEY HERE LAST SATURDAY I WANT THEM NOW GIMME GIMME GIMME

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Broken Netcode said:

When the cat bites you enough times you know not to trust the cat. A lot of people feel that way with GW and theyre actually doing something about it now but it does take time to rebuild it. Let the guy go through rebuilding trust and let his opinions be opinions and not judge him because of it. We are all friends here and it really is a nice friendly community where we accept all modes of playstyle and opinion with an easy discussion. :) 

In other news, I AM SO PUMPED WHEN ARE THEY COMING WHY ARENT THEY HERE LAST SATURDAY I WANT THEM NOW GIMME GIMME GIMME

I like how you think!

Give the people time to get over broken hearts.

On that note,  I also think those with broken hearts as a result of disappointment from our adult toy game should probably take a little fresh air. Relax a little. Listen to some classical music.

Passion is almost compulsory for us but in the grander scheme of things we do have a less than serious hobby.

Then again, it takes all sorts!

Edited by Turragor
  • Like 1

Sorry if that came across very negative, I didn't intend it so, I do really enjoy games workshop and love the new direction they're going,  but I'd prefer actual leaks, not snippets purposefully getting peoples hopes up.

But my example still stands for me at least,  there's only so long waving a treat in front of something holds it attention.

I prefer to Base my excitement on actual leaks, where you can see things clearly and know what it is. 

That picture they shared could be a dwarf steam tank for blood bowl for all we know, could be another stormcast  ( excuse my lack of excitement ). 

I don't want to poop on anyone's fun, but I feel like my opinion should still be voiced for those who wouldn't say it, but feel it also.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

Sorry if that came across very negative, I didn't intend it so, I do really enjoy games workshop and love the new direction they're going,  but I'd prefer actual leaks, not snippets purposefully getting peoples hopes up.

But my example still stands for me at least,  there's only so long waving a treat in front of something holds it attention.

I prefer to Base my excitement on actual leaks, where you can see things clearly and know what it is. 

That picture they shared could be a dwarf steam tank for blood bowl for all we know, could be another stormcast  ( excuse my lack of excitement ). 

I don't want to poop on anyone's fun, but I feel like my opinion should still be voiced for those who wouldn't say it, but feel it also.

Presented this way only a fool could disagree with you. I understand your perspective 100%.

That said, I'm trying to work out how it can't be a dwarf with that small head in the corner.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Turragor said:

Presented this way only a fool could disagree with you. I understand your perspective 100%.

Wasn't it lovely how that resolved in a civil manner? Well done folks. 

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Doesn't look like a head to me.   more like a circle nut/gasket/widget with grip lines in a + arrangement.

Almost definitely a dwarf symbol. I'm sure I've got stuff in my bits box with the same symbol on (off to bed now but I'll see what I can find tomorrow, if no one else posts evidence in the meantime).

• Like 3

2 crazy ideas for the rumour engine:

- might it not be a part of a dwarf armour for Blood Bowl? I think the dwarf team is the next one to be released?

- I think I read somewhere that something big is coming tomorrow (18th) or this weekend (19th). Might it not be a dual kit (both playable for AoS and 40K) with Dwarfs and Tzeench? It would be BIG, it would interest those waiting for the next campaign and new releases for AoS before Christmas and not really interested in the big starter boxes, and it would fit also with Magnus. But they said on the warhammer community site that is was something for next year only.... so don't know...

19 minutes ago, Alcina said:

2 crazy ideas for the rumour engine:

- might it not be a part of a dwarf armour for Blood Bowl? I think the dwarf team is the next one to be released?

From what I've seen so far of the Blood Bowl Dwarfs, I think not. I think pictures are somewhere in this thread but they don't match up with what was in the Rumour Engine post.

20 minutes ago, Alcina said:

- I think I read somewhere that something big is coming tomorrow (18th) or this weekend (19th). Might it not be a dual kit (both playable for AoS and 40K) with Dwarfs and Tzeench? It would be BIG, it would interest those waiting for the next campaign and new releases for AoS before Christmas and not really interested in the big starter boxes, and it would fit also with Magnus. But they said on the warhammer community site that is was something for next year only.... so don't know...

The big thing is the Warzone Fenris pt2 coming out for 40K. It's basically where we see what happens to the Space Wolves and Fenris and get loads of lovely Tzeentchian models for 40K. No idea if it's the big reveal this weekend or next week

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

The big thing is the Warzone Fenris pt2 coming out for 40K. It's basically where we see what happens to the Space Wolves and Fenris and get loads of lovely Tzeentchian models for 40K. No idea if it's the big reveal this weekend or next week

Yup, confirmed with one of the posts on the 40k Facebook group.  The dirty, dirty thousand sons are going to try out their nasty magics on Fenris (can't tell I'm a 'wolves player can you).  I'm pretty sure this is how we'll see Magnus brought in and don't think it's beyond the realms of impossibility to see the Sisters of Silence be re-introduced to the 40k cannon.  Plus there is the rumoured 40k Russ ;)

• Like 1