The Rumour Thread

If I recall right December can be a bit slower as GW tends to focus fully on production of existing lines to meet the Christmas and New Years buying demand - though army deals also appear for select armies so it can be worth holding onto some budget as if you are lucky your might get an army deal to bolster or start an army. 

Plus there's the natural slowdown over the Christmas to New Years period - although if memory serves whilst GW does get holidays they don't slow down that much. That said the new year is hinted at being the Slaanesh release (we know its coming as there's at least one rumour model with very slaanesh style design) since for the last 3 years its been one of the four chaos gods and, unless they pull the Horned Rat surprise, its high time for Slaanesh to get a turn (it would also be a neat point to advance the Sigmar Storyline some more and have some major event surrounding the Prince and his Prison)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LLV said:

I Initially heard darkOath/Beastmen 'this year' but conflicting info from different sources. At this point I'm not sure how they'll fit in the calendar as Genestealer Cults will also be squeezed in the above quick cap probably around Nov too.  Roguetrader is a single release (ala killteam), Grots will be drawn out as will 40k Orks and the Darkoath release I  heard was a full one- so maybe 3-4 weeks worth.

So I would guess maybe in the new year, but I've heard thats the Slaanesh slot too....?

GW have been juggling and moving around releases based on a few things - leaks, capacity issues, changing/revised narrative. 

But Grots (note im saying 'Grots' because at this point based on what I've been told on the range im not even sure theyre 'moonclan' anymore) are happening very soon and I wouldnt be suprised to see them this weekend at Warhammer Fest Europe or at the latest Nova panel next weekend

I swear I excitement is on Rollercoaster mode with your rumours, I love it and hate it at the same time :D
I was really deeply wishing Goat-Tember would happen ... Beastmen are so in need of news units and of a Battletome ... No other rumours on this.

Though, the fact you mention grots and not moonclan + those insectoïd rumours .... I'm just super excited of what's to come !

So, thanks a lot for sharing this with us !

• Like 4

Moonclan Grots are coming, not sure what the timetable for the release is. New fanatics, characters, squig hoppers, troggoths, and a few other squig type things. The theme is very much based on the Fungoid Cave Shaman and overall they are a lot darker and grimier than their previous iteration. I am almost positive they are sticking with the same grot models for this line too (the 20 man battleline unit). I believe a lot of those rumor engine photos are from the new line. 

• Like 9

My guess is they are going to do Slannesh like they did Nurgle last year, Announcement on "Excess-mas" with models rolling out in January. Storyline is going to progress with more Aelf factions popping up because they are no longer held up keeping Slannesh prisoner

Edited by TheMuphinMan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jgroover said:

Please let spiderfang be rolled in with the new moonclan. Such cool models but no good way to use them. 

Someone on the AoS thread on /tg/ mention that we'd see a 'grot soup' battletome, followed by a Moonclan standalone tome - in the same vein as Legions of Nagash followed by Nighthaunt books. No source but conceivable - it'd give Gitmob and Spriderfang some extra utility while still allowing for a centipede heavy Moonclan.

22 hours ago, Overread said:

Yes and no. 

I honestly think the best approach is to keep several of them and flesh them out like Daughters of Khaine and then have a couple that are gathered up as an allied force so that they remain viable but are either allied together always (so they can take each others units without the allies limit hurting them) and so that other factions can still use them. That is the best of both worlds - keeps the faction numbers down and yet keeps things in the range. 

To the same point, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those micro-factions were folded into one Free Peoples tome.  GW seems unwilling to incorporate models that overly impede on the off-the-wall aesthetics of the new factions, and if the light/shadow aelfs end up being as bonkers as we expect I can't imagine any space left for a lot of factions otherwise. A combined 'Free Cities' tome, or something, bringing aelfs, free guild, dispossessed, collegiate arcane, ironweld, etc. would be a good shout.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dieselfruit said:

Someone on the AoS thread on /tg/ mention that we'd see a 'grot soup' battletome, followed by a Moonclan standalone tome - in the same vein as Legions of Nagash followed by Nighthaunt books. No source but conceivable - it'd give Gitmob and Spriderfang some extra utility while still allowing for a centipede heavy Moonclan.

To the same point, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of those micro-factions were folded into one Free Peoples tome.  GW seems unwilling to incorporate models that overly impede on the off-the-wall aesthetics of the new factions, and if the light/shadow aelfs end up being as bonkers as we expect I can't imagine any space left for a lot of factions otherwise. A combined 'Free Cities' tome, or something, bringing aelfs, free guild, dispossessed, collegiate arcane, ironweld, etc. would be a good shout.

About those shadow elves.. Does anyone know  what to expect? Assassin-like "shadow" or the magical kind of "shadow" stuff?

3 hours ago, dillonjay21 said:

Moonclan Grots are coming, not sure what the timetable for the release is. New fanatics, characters, squig hoppers, troggoths, and a few other squig type things. The theme is very much based on the Fungoid Cave Shaman and overall they are a lot darker and grimier than their previous iteration. I am almost positive they are sticking with the same grot models for this line too (the 20 man battleline unit). I believe a lot of those rumor engine photos are from the new line. 

What's your source? 

2 minutes ago, Thebiggesthat said:

I'll be stoked, but if it's wishlisting dressed up to score a few likes it's getting hopes up unfairly

That's fair. I just want people who are speculating to be excited on sure things. Especially for people who like me are unsure of starting that new army in situations where they are unsure of what will or won't happen in the future. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kugane said:

About those shadow elves.. Does anyone know  what to expect? Assassin-like "shadow" or the magical kind of "shadow" stuff?

We don't really have any idea, yet. The closest hint we have so far is the Mistweaver Saih and Tenebrael Shard models - which were produced before there was a clear idea on which direction they wanted to take aelves. Design docs have changed since, allegedly (I can't recall who said as much - a designer at a con maybe? cit. needed) and I'd be surprised if whatever we end up with looks anything like those.

• Thanks 1