The Rumour Thread

Take it as you wish, but was just at Warhammer World and I bought some noise marine arms. I made a remark about how it was a shame that we had super old models, and one of the workers in the shop said "don't worry, Slaanesh is getting a release soon". Maybe he was just trying to cheer me up, but speculation fuel either way.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Take it as you wish, but was just at Warhammer World and I bought some noise marine arms. I made a remark about how it was a shame that we had super old models, and one of the workers in the shop said "don't worry, Slaanesh is getting a release soon". Maybe he was just trying to cheer me up, but speculation fuel either way.  

everything is starting to point to it in the fluff.

in 40k Fulgrim is being hailed as due to return very soon as the next primarch.

In AoS soul wars novel has a descriptive bit of narrative about a slaanesh chaos lord.

The main AoS lore stresses how difficult it is for Malerion, Morathi and the chuckle twins to keep Slaanesh chained and on the maps in the main rulebook his location with respect to his prison  is revealed, and although nothing new to us, one can almost imagine that now others of the realms know about it - so only a matter of time before the forces working to free him home in on the beacon so to speak.

This hopefully should all roll into a very interesting and exciting  time across both systems and my only hope is that it gets the build up that Malign Portents got. :)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Blueraven84 said:

Went back to play World Of Warcraft. I have found that you can find inspiration for the little toy men especially by playing  Blizzards games. Back to rumours, I wonder what release schedule will look, as we know for fact, that  GW will release 3 40k codexes and titan game in coming months.  Also were there not rumours about Darkoath and destruction armies coming?  Slaanesh maybe nearer xmas?

In regards to terrain and world-building for Age of Sigmar, I have found playing the new God of War to be quite inspiring.  The basic core design for Age of Sigmar is already pretty much the 9 worlds from Norse Mythology and God of War went fairly over-the-top and huge in regards to the art and world building.  Playing through that game I constantly find myself just looking at the various areas and getting great ideas for building terrain. 

• Like 2

GW vs Blizzard might not seem like AOS rumour but I wanted to add to that. Wish, rather than rumour but I'd love to finally see some AOS games (console/PC/board). Blizzard would be perfect for that since they really nail the fantasy games they produce (Warcraft/Diablo series), and just imagine if World of Warcraft would be set in Mortal Realms...

Apart from that my ongoing dream is to have the 3rd Total War set in Age of Sigmar setting :)

Actually I don't think Blizzard would be good for AOS if they made an RTS game. For all that I love Starcraft 2 its not got that same feeling it had in the past. Too many missions feel very contrived or controlled (granted this is a theme in a lot of modern rts); and overall it feels like an RTS game made by an MMO company. Blizzard has been making WOW for so long that I think its pretty much influenced their entire working team and culture. 

I'm also of the opinion that we will see Total War Age of Sigmar. The TW games themselves for Warhammer have been pushing for an "end of the world Chaos" event which is pretty much how GW killed off the old world themselves. So I can see that building into an Age of Sigmar game for the TW team. A few more years for GW to release some new armies and models and the TW team can leap in with a brand new game to run alongside Sigmar. It makes sense for all parties involved and even though Sigmar, on tabletop, hasn't got rank and file we all know that in the games lore and actual events it would be rank and file so letting TW give that feeling of vast bodies of troops is best. 

@Overread & @Samanar if you want to discuss computer games, please create a topic for it if you do not have any rumours to add to this thread ;) 

Whilst kind of on the subject and it's not a rumour and it's news, here's something you might be interested in... https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/25/25th-june-announcing-realm-wargw-homepage-post-3/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Actually I don't think Blizzard would be good for AOS if they made an RTS game. For all that I love Starcraft 2 its not got that same feeling it had in the past. Too many missions feel very contrived or controlled (granted this is a theme in a lot of modern rts); and overall it feels like an RTS game made by an MMO company. Blizzard has been making WOW for so long that I think its pretty much influenced their entire working team and culture. 

When I see Age of Sigmar, I see WC3.

I mean, they can use whatever they want to tell the story (campaign, quests, comics, etc...), but Age of Sigmar has Gordrakk, Alarielle, Nagash, etc.. They are not normal characters, they are "over the top". And the only RTS that can give the feeling to control heroes, demi-gods and even Gods is WC3. The game had everything to be build around heroes (that means builds, items, equipment, powerspikes, comebacks, etc...), and imho, Age of Sigmar needs the same feeling  and gameplay.

P.D: SC2 lost a bit of that (Legacy of the void had something close in the last mission).

/Offtopic:
The original Warcraft wasn't produced by GW. Blizzard wanted to rise up their sales using GW franchice. But the project didn't flourish  because both companies had some diferent views.

Blizzard wanted to write their story (with their own characters) and control everything; they had some bad experience with another franchice : "Death and return of Superman" and  "Justice League Task Force" (both being part of a franchice of another big company). To try to avoid that, Blizzard started their own game (with some inspiration of DnD, warhammer, Tokien, etc..) and we all know the rest of the story.

Edit: Didn't see your last post @Gaz Taylor!!!

Edited by Beliman

58 minutes ago, ronin_cse said:

So...anyone have any news of when the final Nighthaunt release will be? Next week?

This week will be Killteam, then probably/hopefully the remaining NH und SCE stuff, followed by Titanicus. Somewhere in there or right behind should be Wolves and Orcs in Space in the same week as the necorumda gang. WHF Europe should bring insides to the one not shown as well as news on the next 3 months, as we will run out of known stuff, especially SCG related.

Edit:

btw

July17-RumourEngine20ge.jpg

What could it be, a ripple in a soulcontaining Mirror?

Edited by Bloodmaster
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bloodmaster said:

This week will be Killteam, then probably/hopefully the remaining NH und SCE stuff, followed by Titanicus. Somewhere in there or right behind should be Wolves and Orcs in Space in the same week as the necorumda gang. WHF Europe should bring insides to the one not shown as well as news on the next 3 months, as we will run out of known stuff, especially SCG related.

Well Titanicus should be from Forge World so who knows as far as the release goes, but it probably won't be in place of a GW prime release

1 hour ago, Bloodmaster said:

Edit:

btw

July17-RumourEngine20ge.jpg

What could it be, a ripple in a soulcontaining Mirror?

Its obviously the daemonic naval of a hypnotising slaaneshi bellydancer.

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ronin_cse said:

Well Titanicus should be from Forge World so who knows as far as the release goes, but it probably won't be in place of a GW prime release

like every SCG release it will be along a minor release for AoS/40k - max. As it is a starter box release, it probably will come on its own. We get a basic box, the big box and single models so its a freaking big release. 

39 minutes ago, Yokai said:

Don't know if it has been mentioned already, but the "Spiderfang Grots Venom Clan" boxed set is gone from the UK GW site. Maybe another sign of a major Grot update soonish?

Aleguzzler Gargants, DoK Blood Coven are also gone. Bloodfeast Gorgers is webstore only.  The 3 gone are 3 of the ones I'd say are the most popular / best deals.    Perhaps they stopped production on all of these and are just working through the inventory of what's left. Maybe Bloodfeast Gorgers is running low so they've stopped shipping to stores. 

Then again, I also expect something for DoK in the next 12 months, whether that is a SC or a Battleforce, so maybe you are right and they are cutting off some in anticipation of new products (And Gargants because it was a weird box, 2 for the price of 1? What's the point of the single then? Everyone knows their "lower price" button is broken so the only thing to do was ditch the Colossal Crushers box. )

34 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

But there is no alternative for most of them: no more giants for example!

You can still buy the giant in the single model box set.  The same goes for the Spiderfang units.

It sucks to lose the heavily discounted box sets, but the models themselves are still available for sale.  But, if these boxes are going away then I ought to get the 2 Spiderfang box sets I was putting off now while I can still get them.

Edited by Skabnoze

1 hour ago, Skabnoze said:

You can still buy the giant in the single model box set.  The same goes for the Spiderfang units.

It sucks to lose the heavily discounted box sets, but the models themselves are still available for sale.  But, if these boxes are going away then I ought to get the 2 Spiderfang box sets I was putting off now while I can still get them.

Same here, and I might as well get the Giants box off of miniature market or Amazon while it's still there too. I didn't realize things were disappearing.

• Like 1