The Rumour Thread

14 minutes ago, Chikout said:

As I said above, that isn't necessarily true. Every time you choose to summon an endless spell you can't cast a regular spell. If you choose to run an army without priests or wizards, you can't do anything against regular spells but you can destroy endless spells. 

Honestly, so far I haven't seen anything that would make want to cast ES 

15 minutes ago, Chikout said:

As I said above, that isn't necessarily true. Every time you choose to summon an endless spell you can't cast a regular spell. If you choose to run an army without priests or wizards, you can't do anything against regular spells but you can destroy endless spells. 

No one is running around without wizards or priests. And it's not much of a cost. Having another "unit" that can fly around, get in the way, and force combats is huge. The enemy then has to dedicate their own spell casts or attacks to eliminating it. Having a free bonus tactical resource at your disposal is just a net positive.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Mutton said:

No one is running around without wizards or priests. And it's not much of a cost. Having another "unit" that can fly around, get in the way, and force combats is huge. The enemy then has to dedicate their own spell casts or attacks to eliminating it. Having a free bonus tactical resource at your disposal is just a net positive.

That’s a ( sky based ) grudging’.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hollow said:

I suppose they are also pretty straightforward to convert/proxy. 

Every endless spell I own except sylvaneth came from eBay, the terrarium supply shelf at a pet store, a 3d printer, or I literally built it out of craft foam and steampunk jewelry gears.

kitbash for life.

• Like 4

I've seen plenty of games we're a wizard didn't have anybody in range to cast anything and just throws an arcane bolt or something. Now if you don't buy endless spells "just in case" you're at a disadvantage. It's great you can kill them etc. Etc. But as Mutton pointed out having any free tactical tool is a huge plus. I mean take any spell that moves and you can use it to screen out teleports and the like. There's no downside we've seen.

I think we've all grumbled before about how free faction terrain can feel like a tax to play your army (especially for sylvaneth).  This just feels like that but worse and harder to balance and also doesn't have the narrative win that made terrain worth it to me.

Edited by The Red King

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

I think you need a couple of endless spells now, as others said it doesn't cost you points, so it's a free tool that is added to your army. Each player needs to have it or they handicap themself. As @MitGas said there are moments your wizard can't do much so casting a free endless spell is always a bonus.

It's an auto include addition to the game. Which certainly isn't a negative, but you will have to buy a set if you want to play tournaments. I will just print one. 🙂

Edited by Tonhel

It’s more of a sucks to be a newbie kind of change especially since all these stuff tend to be hard to find or out of stock on GW online store.

is golden if you had thoose endless spells and terrain pieces to begin with.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DeLewko said:

Did they release everything shown before adepticon or there is still something lingering ? I really hope we get db6 next weekend 🙃

Gunnar Brand warband and his Darkoath book has not been release yet

51 minutes ago, Jetlife said:

With all these massive changes, do we think we are getting a new app? I feel like the current one might be kind of klunky if they want all these modular rules and whatnot 

Very likely, but not because the changes, just so all of them are available so you can play whichever edition you want.

It does feel a bit like a change that incentives more purchasing more so than usual and a soft punish for those who don't own. 

However with spells being more like an actual unit and having unit stats then kitbashing and proxies have just become a lot more enticing. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Neverchosen said:

I feel like this has made me actually excited and interested in Endless Spells but with the culling of Beasts and Warcry units makes them feel like a risky purchase.

Wouldn't be the other way around? They are gaining weight. Even the Incarnate, who has been surrounded by doubts for a long time due to its performance during the third edition, has its spot in the edition.

The easiest would have been to trim them out, considering that they come from China and all that. If we have them gaining weight in the new edition, IMO it is a signal that they will be around for long.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ejecutor said:

Wouldn't be the other way around? They are gaining weight. Even the Incarnate, who has been surrounded by doubts for a long time due to its performance during the third edition, has its spot in the edition.

The easiest would have been to trim them out, considering that they come from China and all that. If we have them gaining weight in the new edition, IMO it is a signal that they will be around for long.

I think that it does gain weight insofar as the concept will continue to be supported but I am just not sure if that will hold true for say the Stormcast spells as they have had so much reworked... alternatively will the factionless spells be dropped if all the armies get bespoke spells.

In other words it is not that I am doubting their continued support but rather questioning how to buy into a mechanic where I am not sure if they want to emphasize the shared spells or the faction specific spells? Or both?

(Not sure if I communicated that well as I have a slight fever today and so probably have no clue what I am talking about to begin with)

Edit: Feeling much better and reviewing the article the fact that they specify the universal ones as universal makes me feel better.

Edited by Neverchosen

It more like these things are product that GW gave up on midway through each editions, and they just kind cramp it into the game to make them still relevant playwise. 

like they gave up on Endless spell release during 2.0 and many armies never gotten them even though it felt like every army was suppose to.

faction terrain is also the same where a few consecutive release every army got them but then it stop for some armies.

Incarnate is another level of questionable release, there was most likely suppose to be more of them release but it became a one off and became infamous for how unbalance it was.

it more like excess unneeded weight

Edited by novakai
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

It does feel a bit like a change that incentives more purchasing more so than usual and a soft punish for those who don't own. 

However with spells being more like an actual unit and having unit stats then kitbashing and proxies have just become a lot more enticing. 

Something they seem to have intentionally made difficult when they first released them with tons of base sizes being "use model" or whatever it says instead of using a normal base size which seems like it would have made a lot more sense for balance reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kronos said:

I see that the Whitefangs and the Singapore Hound  have been noticeably absent of late…

IMG_3543.jpeg

GW saw how badly it went for WotC when they hired the Pinkertons to bully a leaker into giving back the card packs, and they decided to play it safe and just hire some anonymous assassins from the Darkweb.

7 minutes ago, Captaniser said:

GW saw how badly it went for WotC when they hired the Pinkertons to bully a leaker into giving back the card packs, and they decided to play it safe and just hire some anonymous assassins from the Darkweb.

They could just be GW employees. I dont care really because i appreciate them fuelling the hype train.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kronos said:

I see that the Whitefangs and the Singapore Hound  have been noticeably absent of late…

IMG_3543.jpeg

Granted 4th edition and the big boxset with Skaven and SCE release is probably the last big release AoS is getting this year if your going by history 

probably nothing much to talk about for the train

Edited by novakai