The Rumour Thread

34 minutes ago, chord said:

Why are they not wearing helmets!  sigh...

"I don't know why do you insist on me wearing helmet! Maybe that Gardus guy would need one, but I, Hamilcar Bear-Eater, I'm too tough to be possibly wounded by arrows or bullets. They would just bounce off my handsome face."

Edited by michu
  • Haha 9

44 minutes ago, Riavan said:

I'd really like to see some chaos heroes that hate sigmar for reasons but are not just "the bad guy"

Thanquol fits that description. He's a paragon of his kind. Truly, no grander creature has ever stood up to the ruthless tyranny of 'Seeg-mar' ?

Edited by Mayple

12 minutes ago, chord said:

personally I think look terrible without helmets.   And why would you take it off in battle?  

Gonna let @michu's post cover that one.

I have an easier time accepting helmetless Stormcast than Space Marines, tbh. Only one of those two have to actively avoid high-caliber bullets to the face :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Raviv said:

It was probably discussed before, but I can't find the answer now.

Do we know who are the SCE in this picture (in the front)?

aos-new-ed-15.jpg

(Photo from https://warzone40k.com, taken in WarhammerFest)

Multipart evocators with alternate weapon option to the one in the starter set. The one at the front is the prime.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Multipart evocators with alternate weapon option to the one in the starter set. The one at the front is the prime.

Thanks!

They look much cooler than the Evocators in the starter-set. Funny that the prime is the least impressive of the unit.

12 hours ago, Mayple said:

Gonna let @michu's post cover that one.

I have an easier time accepting helmetless Stormcast than Space Marines, tbh. Only one of those two have to actively avoid high-caliber bullets to the face :)

And ykno, random atmospheres with differing germs and bacteria. See Prometheus and covenant.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Raviv said:

Thanks!

They look much cooler than the Evocators in the starter-set. Funny that the prime is the least impressive of the unit.

Like death guard and primaris Marines, they usually come with a helmet or head at least.

Edited by Riavan

Im a bit sad that the female Stormcast look so much better than the male ones. They have less ridiculous shoulder pads and their masks are a lot nicer. Even the armour looks better with the slighter build and subtler details. And I’m sad because I would so collect Stormcast if the males looked as cool as the females.

Edited by Nevvermore
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Tip4Tap said:

Any new rumours floating around about the next battletomes?

Nothing too concrete, but we're expecting Moonclan, Slaanesh, and maybe Darkoath. The first two are based on rumour engines, the last is based on harbingers. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Enoby said:

Nothing too concrete, but we're expecting Moonclan, Slaanesh, and maybe Darkoath. The first two are based on rumour engines, the last is based on harbingers. 

Well, based on that, and artworks / strong fluff presence (like Malign Portents stories) and hints from reliable persons ! :) 

Next in line after those Enoby quoted are (IMO, in no particular order) Hysh Aelves, Eshin Skavens, Grotbag Scuttlers, Ulgu Aelves and then (maybe) a Cog / Automaton Human army.

EDIT : How and new waves for Ironjawz, maybe Sylvaneth and Idoneth ; and a new modular scenery range to represent the Order fortresses in the Mortal Realms !

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well, based on that, and artworks / strong fluff presence (like Malign Portents stories) and hints from reliable persons ! :) 

Next in line after those Enoby quoted are (IMO, in no particular order) Hysh Aelves, Eshin Skavens, Grotbag Scuttlers, Ulgu Aelves and then (maybe) a Cog / Automaton Human army.

It's a wonderful time to be alive!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1