The Rumour Thread

20 hours ago, shinros said:

So on the possible identity of the mortarch of grief? Some are saying it might be Khalida. Image from facebook, what do you guys think? 

34532876_10214848266313034_6914471964409

There is also this image in that trailer. I see roses and some sort of headgear that almost looks DOK (but thats obviously not it). Roses to me point Isabella but the rest looks like Khaldia for me.

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 9.41.19 AM.png

Edited by Thundercake

4 minutes ago, Thundercake said:

There is also this image in that trailer. I see roses and some sort of headgear that almost looks DOK (but thats obviously not it). Roses to me point Isabella but the rest looks like Khaldia for me.

Screen Shot 2018-06-06 at 9.41.19 AM.png

where on gods green earth does the headgear of the artwork looks anything like the Kehmrian mask, shown above?! seriously, guys, all things shown point to a von Carstein inspired aesthetic and Isabella. But tbh at this point I realy hope, she won't have a name besides the title and the hinds of a decedent with a tragic love story, simply to see both sides, including me,  being wrong.

8 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

where on gods green earth does the headgear of the artwork looks anything like the Kehmrian mask, shown above?! seriously, guys, all things shown point to a von Carstein inspired aesthetic and Isabella. But tbh at this point I realy hope, she won't have a name besides the title and the hinds of a decedent with a tragic love story, simply to see both sides, including me,  being wrong.

i'd say people are probably talking about the zoomed out shot we get of this thing, which is very similar to the khaldia image. one thing I thought of is that some of these shots/images may be different pieces of concept art or the different scales causing things to look different.

Who she is, whoever she is, is going to be revealed soon. I just found that image on facebook, some people think it might be her, I thought it was interesting so I posted it. I personally think it might be isabella in ghost form but my preference would be a whole new character. 

• Thanks 1

Another  possibility is Sigmar's dead wife Rovina. That would fan the flames and raise the stakes quite a bit. It's not very probable though since she has never been established outside Time of Legends, I think.

All things considered, Isabella makes most sense as the wailing widow mortarch of grief.

Edited by CaptainNippon
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, CaptainNippon said:

Another  possibility is Sigmar's dead wife Rovina. That would fan the flames and raise the stakes quite a bit. It's not very probable though since she has never been very established outside Time of Legends, I think.

All things considered, Isabella makes most sense as the wailing widow mortarch of grief.

She's never been mentioned outside of the Graham McNeill Time of Legends Sigmar novels and as one of two many namedrops in Josh Reynold's End Times: Archaon tie-in.

I still think it would be cool if Azazel came back for the eventual Slaanesh release, possibly as Slaanesh if his champions have been competing to become the new Slaanesh. He's a really cool character who was sort of forgotten about after 5th ed, only turning in up in Liber Chaotica and the aforementioned novel series; and would make a really cool foil for Sigmar now he's front and centre of things.

Spoiler

Needs a better model though

LAKijxd.jpg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Bloodmaster said:

I really think she is Aliathra, for de thorns and the flowers. Also the "grief" mortach name is perfect for her. 

I'm sure about it when the first vídeo comed out, when we seen the purple sun and the black image... i seen cleary the daughter of tyrion and alarielle, who was sacrified by teclis to resurrect nagash. 

His dead was also the reason of Tyrion to become the avatar of khaine on the end of times.

His history is PERFECT to be the avatar of grief (and GW also have 0 problems with that fresh copyright xD)

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Iradekhorne said:

I really think she is Aliathra, for de thorns and the flowers. Also the "grief" mortach name is perfect for her. 

I'm sure about it when the first vídeo comed out, when we seen the purple sun and the black image... i seen cleary the daughter of tyrion and alarielle, who was sacrified by teclis to resurrect nagash. 

His dead was also the reason of Tyrion to become the avatar of khaine on the end of times.

His history is PERFECT to be the avatar of grief (and GW also have 0 problems with that fresh copyright xD)

Get out elfposter. She's clearly Valaya, also consumed by Nagash during the End Times and just as desirable. Plus her Banshees hate spellcasters. Have you ever seen an elf do that? ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Bloodmaster said:

Well, she kind of has to have a name - alongside the Craven King reveal, the other two models that were teased with the silhouettes were confirmed to be named characters in the UK Games Expo warcom post. 

Definitely hoping for Isabella myself. 

Edited by Lemondish

28 minutes ago, Lemondish said:

Well, she kind of has to have a name - alongside the Craven King reveal, the other two models that were teased with the silhouettes were confirmed to be named characters in the UK Games Expo warcom post. 

Definitely hoping for Isabella myself. 

The Celestant Prime's a named character. Doesn't have a name ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bloodmaster said:

In the image above there is neither a snake or snake symbol visible nor does anything hint at an Egyptian/Khemrian imagery. The headpiece you might referring to as resembling Khemrian ones is not a solid plate as typical for those, but an open-worked one as seen in the teaser videos. 

Furthermore Wer know that the Mortarch has roses as part of her attire which is a repeated element of the female vampire models of the von Carstein bloodline/the model formally know as Prince Isabella. 

You are correct.  I made my post having only looked at the artwork that had been previously linked in this thread and not having seen the video.  In those pictures the headpiece looks a lot different than the close-up in the video.

After watching the video I agree with you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

What if she is a genderbent Grimgor grieving over the loss of his great WAAAGH? /s

I though it was Genderbent Sigvald grieving the lost of his beautiful face and now has to wear a veil to hide it from the world

3 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

How Tyrion could be Avatar of Grief ? LOL, he is Prince of the ******* Lightness or God of Light if you want it that way, but there is zero chance he is some kind of Grief Avatar. 

Anyway give more Elves (fluff on Twins and Malerion will be enought for now) SCE are boring and Death is meh.