The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Surely this article puts to bed the BOC squat rumors by saying every faction gets an index?

That puts the BOC squatted rumour to bed for now.

If they don't want to alarm players just yet, they may well offer index and never replace it with a proper BT.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gareth 🍄 said:

Never liked battleshock so I'm happy to see that go.

I haven't played Old World yet, but the way it handles leadership and breaking seems so much better. Wouldn't necessarily copy/paste it but something along those lines would be great, maybe a lot simpler.

6 minutes ago, Cdance93 said:

Surely this article puts to bed the BOC squat rumors by saying every faction gets an index?

I was wondering about that. 

Getting an Index doesn't guarantee getting a new battletome though. The factions being legended out of TOW got one free PDF ruleset, and then will be getting nothing else. BoC getting a free index PDF, and then nothing else would be consistent with that - especially if there's a replacement faction on the horizon

2 minutes ago, mawhis117 said:

I was wondering about that. 

Getting an Index doesn't guarantee getting a new battletome though. The factions being legended out of TOW got one free PDF ruleset, and then will be getting nothing else. BoC getting a free index PDF, and then nothing else would be consistent with that - especially if there's a replacement faction on the horizon

Yup. Totally agree with this.

However, I am of the school of thought that Beasts of Chaos are not going but we may see the range changing. I think the concept of BOC is about right now but the models do need an update. I think this is what will probably happen.

• Like 4

Battleshock sucked. Lost more models for losing models. For 75% of factions battleshock meant nothing. For the rest, it was devastating. To this day I'm convinced nothing was balanced around battleshock at all.

Good riddance.

• Like 9

32 minutes ago, Vaellas said:

When I spoke about it in store I was told not entirely sure yet so it may be good to wait and see in case of buying a Vanguard box and finding out later it's changed contents for Spearhead.

Yeah this is the main reason why I'm not rushing out to buy any at the moment! I think what my plan will be using my Flesh Eaters as I had the army box for Christmas (yes I have mixed thoughts!) and all I need to get is the Arch Regent.

13 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Yeah, RN it feels like my Bonereapers won’t really be able to contest against Horde armies- Who cares about killing 30 Zombies when my opponent still outweighs my Mortek Guard with the ones left? Or my 20 Namarti Thralls kill 40 Clanrats but still get outweighed by the remainder? I need to see the new version, because it could very much be punishing for Elite armies. 

If Bravery gets replaced by Objective Control, OBR will likely be good at it, and Zombies weak. So I would not worry too much about that.

12 minutes ago, Draznak said:

If they don't want to alarm players just yet, they may well offer index and never replace it with a proper BT.

At least they changed the wording and said "all factions" instead of "the factions" or something like that from the last time.

10 minutes ago, Draznak said:

Exactly. Of course, BoC were always going to get an Index (Called it being an Index edition not long after seeing what happened in 40k). They just won't be getting a Battletome under the name BoC if there is a "Beast-like" BT on AoS4 at all. 

BoC will not exist as they currently do by the end of AoS 4. All the BoC (Including the Shaman and Warlord) will be sold for ToW and the range will be reimagined or removed. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

If Bravery gets replaced by Objective Control, OBR will likely be good at it, and Zombies weak. So I would not worry too much about that.

if they do I hope it's not like 40k, OC in 10th is not granular enough at all, it's just former troops at 2 OC, everything else at 1 with a few exceptions. If they doubled the scale you could add more variety to unit stats between factions, let them play more into their strengths. Like for example having OBR units that aren't designated objective holders, still be better at it than zombies or other chaff.

3 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Exactly. Of course, BoC were always going to get an Index (Called it being an Index edition not long after seeing what happened in 40k). They just won't be getting a Battletome under the name BoC if there is a "Beast-like" BT on AoS4 at all. 

BoC will not exist as they currently do by the end of AoS 4. All the BoC (Including the Shaman and Warlord) will be sold for ToW and the range will be reimagined or removed. 

If they're going to get squatted they'll get an index with 'legends' rules. I.e. you can continue to play them in friendly games with the new stats and usrs, but they won't be match play legal.

5 minutes ago, Hollow said:

If BoC get an index that means they survive all the edition. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

Okay so to recap and add some opinions:

Stats being reworked to make narrative. (I dig it.)

Wounds are now “health”

Miniatures have 3” combat range to speed up engagement and pile ins

Objectives are now 40mm markers contested within 3” (so 40K/30k ok fine)

Universal special rules

No more Battleshock

Command abilities powerful, command points have economy (i hope this isn’t 1/turn like 40K)

Everything is an ability with declaration and effect (and implied reaction). Timing is color coded and written out, with symbols (??)

Modular system includes mention of playing options without magic, battlepacks, or GHB

Free downloadable index at release (we knew this)

Edited by Sahrial
Attempting reformat
  • Like 2

I hope for accessibility sake that the colour coding is not hard to read for people with colour blindness, or those who require strong contrast between word and page to read. I assume that has been taken into consideration but I still don't want to see any additional barriers for this hobby. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sahrial said:

Okay so to recap and add some opinions:

Stats being reworked to make narrative. (I dig it.)

Wounds are now “health”

Miniatures have 3” combat range to speed up engagement and pile ins

Objectives are now 40mm markers contested within 3” (so 40K/30k ok fine)

Universal special rules

No more Battleshock

Command abilities powerful, command points have economy (i hope this isn’t 1/turn like 40K)

Everything is an ability with declaration and effect (and implied reaction). Timing is color coded and written out, with symbols (??)

Modular system includes mention of playing options without magic, battlepacks, or GHB

Free downloadable index at release (we knew this)

I‘d advice not to use dark colors if you want night mode people to be able to read your post

1E0DB04E-F8D9-4728-B3F5-9CBF6B8444BE.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ragest said:

If BoC get an index that means they survive all the edition. 

Your definition is different to mine. "GW Released a free PDF index and then literally nothing else for the faction over a 3-year period" doesn't mean "surviving an edition" to me.  They will get a free pdf pack at the start of the edition and THAT'S IT. 

This isn't directed at you in particular but some people really cannot read what is right in front of them. ALL BOC models are being moved to TOW and BOC will NOT get a BOC AoS4 edition. Just look at the site, the product line. This is happening. 

• Confused 4

25 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Yeah, RN it feels like my Bonereapers won’t really be able to contest against Horde armies- Who cares about killing 30 Zombies when my opponent still outweighs my Mortek Guard with the ones left? Or my 20 Namarti Thralls kill 40 Clanrats but still get outweighed by the remainder? I need to see the new version, because it could very much be punishing for Elite armies. 

I often found that horde armies had way better ways to ignore those rules then the elite armies. I play LRL and Stormcast and get destroyed by having to take several battleshock test a turn................ but I have always had bad luck lol.

48 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

In my personal experience, the coolest, biggest guys were always the one with the highest bravery. Underpowered units like grots, rats and normal humans were usually the ones that suffered. In fact, they got doubly hurt by both having worse bravery and losing higher numbers than elite units.

Hence 'useful when it worked'. Never claimed it was all good ;)