The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Twisted Firaun said:

BY LONG LOST NEHEKHARA! ITS AN ARTICLE ON LONG LOST NEHEKHARA!!!!!

THE HYPE TRAIN FUELS ME TODAY @KingBrodd!!! While it’s not a major article (no new cities or characters mentioned), this is definitely making me believe that TOW is closer than many like to believe. Looks like it might be time to go back to being The Loyal Son of Khemri instead of my Twisted self…..

The second I saw the post I came to TGA knowing you'd be hyped over it. Congrats my friend, genuinely happy to know you'll be enjoying the skeletal hordes of Settra at some point!

3 hours ago, Chikout said:

Now, if GW announced that they were doing a full hafling army for the old world (or for AoS)  I would be all in. There's already a battletome after all. Mm4nNMFIN69gjNrf.jpg.dee86782f7764da63806a4954b7aa548.jpg

Agreed, Halflings are aside of Chorfs my most wishlisted army (and if possible even more implausible!). My go-to racial choice in most rpgs...

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Nighthaunt Noob said:

Yeah no rules changes is a bit concerning. I was hoping it would finally match the lore and have some sort of AOE damage.

But these rules are really good. And now we will have an amazing & playable model. Hardly a reason to be concerned.

1 hour ago, Matrindur said:

The fact we are already getting another Seraphon kit revealed makes me think there might be even more new kits than we thought

I had the exact same thought. I'm curious if we could be expecting a skink resculpt too at this rate. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I wonder what that means for Tomb Kings in the context of AoS. I used to think they had a chance to arrive in the Mortal Realms some day […]

And they did. There are virtually two armies from WFB that were fully and properly AoSsified: High Elves and Tomb Kings. Some may not like the result (I don’t like the Lumineth half as much as I loved my High Elves) but what happened, happened.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

And they did. There are virtually two armies from WFB that were fully and properly AoSsified: High Elves and Tomb Kings. Some may not like the result (I don’t like the Lumineth half as much as I loved my High Elves) but what happened, happened.

OBR have some similarities to Tomb Kings, but are still very different in their overall aesthetics, lore and feel. Most importantly to me, Tomb Kings have this mood of fallen splenour and long-lost glories, while OBR are Nagash's new ideal for Death. Because of this, they really don't resonate with me in the same way. But the differences between them have also lead to collect both, so it's not like I dislike what either faction is doing.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

OBR have some similarities to Tomb Kings, but are still very different in their overall aesthetics, lore and feel. Most importantly to me, Tomb Kings have this mood of fallen splenour and long-lost glories, while OBR are Nagash's new ideal for Death. Because of this, they really don't resonate with me in the same way. But the differences between them have also lead to collect both, so it's not like I dislike what either faction is doing.

3 minutes ago, elfhead said:

Maybe the new saurus are a dual kit with tempel guard? Would make sense. 

Yeah that was my hope that they are a possible build from the Saurus kit.

Although knowing GW I can imagine it being an eventual upgrade sprue tied to Warcry ala Kill Team.

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

This is the key thing, they took the idea and dialed it up to 11 with on AoS weirdness and it works for some and doesn't for others but they're both clearly High Elves and Tomb Kings. I think the TOW armies will get AoS rules as legends rules so you can play your Tomb Kings alongside Ossiarchs (which would be cool to represent a City of Nagash).

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

I get that; the feel of Lumineth is also very different from HE - for me. But I cannot imagine them both in AoS (yes, I think that keeping the Phoenix Guard afloat is a ridiculous idea). The same goes for TK and OBR - they occupy the same niche.

12 minutes ago, Flippy said:

I get that; the feel of Lumineth is also very different from HE - for me. But I cannot imagine them both in AoS (yes, I think that keeping the Phoenix Guard afloat is a ridiculous idea). The same goes for TK and OBR - they occupy the same niche.

I definitely see your perspective here, but I personally feel like OBR would work *especially* well as a foil for Tomb Kings. What better target to reap bones from than a kingdom made up almost entirely of living skeletons that *hate Nagash*?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That's a terrific mini but I'm really confused by GW's marketing. Why are they skipping the 5 spring battletomes? Presumably there are at least 5 minis to show. Why not show one of those?

Also indicates that there is no big model release between now and  Seraphon. If FEC get a sizable update like Whitefang suggested, then that means they are probably not among these 5 tomes. So the Death tomes would be OBR and Soulblight.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chikout said:

That's a terrific mini but I'm really confused by GW's marketing. Why are they skipping the 5 spring battletomes? Presumably there are at least 5 minis to show. Why not show one of those?

Showing any of those would spoil the accompanying Battletome, and they usually reserve that kind of thing for preview events.

Edited by elescapo

24 minutes ago, Neil Arthur Hotep said:

Also indicates that there is no big model release between now and  Seraphon. If FEC get a sizable update like Whitefang suggested, then that means they are probably not among these 5 tomes. So the Death tomes would be OBR and Soulblight.

Didn't some webstore already update some of their pictures for Ossiarchs and Soulblight to the 3rd edition box ones? That would pretty much confirm it.

39 minutes ago, Chikout said:

They're finally showing their larger releases in advance, which is a good thing. They know the single mini releases don't bring much hype, so they revealed something substantial rather than a single hero which is a disappointment to most fans (especially the players of said faction).

10 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Okay so looks like no Saurus Guard redos and no Skinks...

So lets go with 

1. Astrolith Bearer
2. Kroxigors
3. Salamander/Razordons
4. Big New monster
5. Saurus Cavalry

Would be impressive if we got all of this

Which would be a shame! Just imagine saurus guard with all the new tech, shields and armour! Would look amazing and look very elite

• LOVE IT! 1