The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

Though part of me now hopes Era of the Beast will be heavily tied into the next Narrative event!!

I feel like I am just cynical with GW now, but after Skaven got done over, and BoC have also been given the short straw, I don't really have much faith in even that lol.

As you mentioned previously, it's going to be 5-7 years before models are released, or even when factions are put into the limelight again (destro as a narrative plot hook). 

I do hope you seraphon collectors hit the gold mine though, so I can at least vicariously live through you.

(Inb4 the seraphon reveals are actually a Katakros-like diorama and no resin gets updated until 2076)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Completely agree mate. Though part of me now hopes Era of the Beast will be heavily tied into the next Narrative event!!

Plus side a lot of fiction between Warcry and the novel "Kragnos, Avatar of Destruction" points to a lot of involvement from the Seraphon. 

Even though they're not destruction I think Seraphon fit in well with the theme and hopefully that means they'll get some new antagonists.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

16 minutes ago, Talas said:

In other news, there's more information about the new book from Soulbound and the cover looks amazing as usual.

https://cubicle7games.com/blog/warhammer-age-of-sigmar-soulbound-ulfenkarn-city-at-the-edge-of-death

nJN3yMx.jpg

Oh that is nust stunning!!

14 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

Plus side a lot of fiction between Warcry and the novel "Kragnos, Avatar of Destruction" points to a lot of involvement from the Seraphon. 

Even though they're not destruction I think Seraphon fit in well with the theme and hopefully that means they'll get some new antagonists.

Absolutely they are one of the more Beastly Factions after all!!

3 hours ago, tkt32583 said:

I feel like I am just cynical with GW now, but after Skaven got done over, and BoC have also been given the short straw, I don't really have much faith in even that lol.

As you mentioned previously, it's going to be 5-7 years before models are released, or even when factions are put into the limelight again (destro as a narrative plot hook). 

I do hope you seraphon collectors hit the gold mine though, so I can at least vicariously live through you.

(Inb4 the seraphon reveals are actually a Katakros-like diorama and no resin gets updated until 2076)

The two Saurus teasers are just the body guards of a plastic Slaan. Oh maybe I shouldn't jinx it.

I wonder if we'll get a army box for the new lizards? 

We probably won't see the full release until March and with Feb taken up with World Eaters, Warcry, Kill Team, Underworlds and the rest of the guard there is no actual AoS release so a army box would fit and they seem to be the in thing with GW at the moment. 

I know I'll buy one! 

• Like 2

The Era of the Beast really did a lot of factions dirty so far, almost no faction had their beastly elements actually expanded besides Gloomspite, Sons of Behemat, Stormcast and Sylvaneth. No sea creatures for Idoneth, no Magmadroths for Fyreslayers, no new beasts for the Beastclaw Raiders, a single hero for Beasts of Chaos and Skaven. Then absolutely nothing for Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz. Just Kragnos that doesn't really fit the Aesthetic of any destruction army (even though the model and lore are definitely cool). Luckily Seraphon is going to get some new models, so we'll at least see some beasts in the supposedly Ghur/Monster focused edition.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Snarff said:

The Era of the Beast really did a lot of factions dirty so far, almost no faction had their beastly elements actually expanded besides Gloomspite, Sons of Behemat, Stormcast and Sylvaneth. No sea creatures for Idoneth, no Magmadroths for Fyreslayers, no new beasts for the Beastclaw Raiders, a single hero for Beasts of Chaos and Skaven. Then absolutely nothing for Ironjawz or Bonesplitterz. Just Kragnos that doesn't really fit the Aesthetic of any destruction army (even though the model and lore are definitely cool). Luckily Seraphon is going to get some new models, so we'll at least see some beasts in the supposedly Ghur/Monster focused edition.

An Era of the Beast like 2nd Editions Death releases would have been great. They basically redid the whole GA Death, OBR and Nighthaunt where completely new factions SBGL got a big range refresh and even FEC which got largely left alone got a new model, endless spells and a terrain piece

Edited by Matrindur
  • Like 2

I did find it a little interesting that the Snarlfang community article refers to the dawn of the age of the beast, implying that, narratively at least, it's still close to the beginning of that period.  Which I guess kinda makes sense, in that we haven't generally seen huge narrative moves outside of the end of edition periods.

Not to imply that there's definitely a bunch of beastly stuff planned for layer down the pipeline, I don't know that I believe that myself, but it's not out of the realm of possibility, I suppose.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

I did find it a little interesting that the Snarlfang community article refers to the dawn of the age of the beast, implying that, narratively at least, it's still close to the beginning of that period.  Which I guess kinda makes sense, in that we haven't generally seen huge narrative moves outside of the end of edition periods.

Not to imply that there's definitely a bunch of beastly stuff planned for layer down the pipeline, I don't know that I believe that myself, but it's not out of the realm of possibility, I suppose.

I cant wait for a narrative campaign that gets everything going again. Cant wait to see what era of the beast actually means, cant wait to see what Gordrakk and Skragrott are up to. They could even let King Brodd do something fun. What about a new Troggoth King. What are BoC and Seraphon up to? Do we love or hate Kragnos? Best of all, what if we get a completely new army, that would be the best. 

(its been a while)

Silent people or Kurnothi.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, tkt32583 said:

I have lost all faith after having seen the last skaven battletome.

that book is not only a copy of the last one, but even a worser one, as almost halve of our spells have gone to extinction, our artifacts were reduced by a 6th of what we had, and while some units got a buff, others were nerfed to the ground.

33 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I cant wait for a narrative campaign that gets everything going again. Cant wait to see what era of the beast actually means, cant wait to see what Gordrakk and Skragrott are up to. They could even let King Brodd do something fun. What about a new Troggoth King. What are BoC and Seraphon up to? Do we love or hate Kragnos? Best of all, what if we get a completely new army, that would be the best. 

(its been a while)

considering that it is the era of the beasts something for moulder wpuld habe been great. But that new skaven book….

I digress my case.

30 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

8irvLVyvtHB0PBPt.jpg

Mmmh… I’m guessing that this might be hinting towards the next big soulblight gravelord hero

although maybe less big.

13 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

My first assumption was 40k, but the style of the hand is kinda interesting, is this a long-awaited rat ninja of some sort, or just another space weirdo?

yeah no… probably not a skaven.

those big hands with claws are definitely too big and too clawy for any skaven paws.

it might be some sort of a new verminlord, but those guys already have a ninja greater daemon.

so this one is pretty much sadly said not a skaven model. 

although it could be a rat ogre.

yet they are often cruelly put together.

And this hand looks like it never got sawed off.

so I’m guesing not

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

I have lost all faith after having seen the last skaven battletome.

that book is not only a copy of the last one, but even a worser one, as almost halve of our spells have gone to extinction, our artifacts were reduced by a 6th of what we had, and while some units got a buff, others were nerfed to the ground.

Gutting spells and artifact lists has been par for the course for 3E unfortunately, it's not just Skaven.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Lucentia said:

43 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

(its been a while)

I agree with you both, my new hope is that the next Narrative Event are the repercussions of the Era of the Beast and that each Destruction Faction, probably not SOB, will recieve a new mini just like the BR series.

A new Troggoth for Gloomspite, new Orruks for Ironjawz and new Maneaters for Mawtribes would be excellent.

40 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

8irvLVyvtHB0PBPt.jpg

Could be a new Flesh Eater Courts mini!? Or Soulblight Vampire?

• Like 1