The Rumour Thread

38 minutes ago, KingBrodd said:

I also just realised its not even on the weekend but during the week!!

I imagine they should announce it tomorrow, with pre-orders. Very early Thursday morning (with european time), it will happen quickly!

We should have the next Underworlds warband, possibly Bloodhunt box for Warcry, next Arks of Omen book with Farsight and, I hope, Seraphon battletome with new minis (maybe Soulshackle box for Kill Team but it depends how big the preview will be or not). 

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

4 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

I miss the days of boxes having artwork on them and the models on the back.

warhammer-86-07-empire-knights_1_a9aa600

Warhammer-Fantasy-Orks-Goblins-Goblin.we

s-l1600.jpg

TBihIcC5_0802212004351gpaiadd.jpg

I do agree that the art looks nice, but imho the artwork muddles shelves a lot more than even the current box designs.

It might be fatigue of seeing the same style of box for the past 5-6 years, but the current box designs with scenery and minis on the front, and detail shots on the back feels so refreshing to me. And I just love to see what kind of scenery/colour they decide to go with for armies like dark swamps for Wartribes, a warzone of a city with azure lightning for Stormcast, and so on. I really hope CoS will have some banger looking box designs (a city like SC? Or perhaps a frontier town, a wilderness with just some buildings being set up on it? And what main colour will they go with?)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Completely understand the business decisions for going with the box designs they have now.

But boi, those old artworks, THAT is what made me invested in Warhammer, I didn't realise until later life that Kopinski was perhaps the sole reason I was brought into Warhammer. As a kid I had no idea about those responsible for the art. As a kid I just wanted the cool af looking boxes. 

I do miss it, I miss Kopinski's style in Warhammer today. it just felt real, or like a historic painting. Nothing made me want to collect Skaven more than seeing the Clanrat box art, stupendous.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Completely understand the business decisions for going with the box designs they have now.

But boi, those old artworks, THAT is what made me invested in Warhammer, I didn't realise until later life that Kopinski was perhaps the sole reason I was brought into Warhammer. As a kid I had no idea about those responsible for the art. As a kid I just wanted the cool af looking boxes. 

I do miss it, I miss Kopinski's style in Warhammer today. it just felt real, or like a historic painting. Nothing made me want to collect Skaven more than seeing the Clanrat box art, stupendous.

It worked on me too. I remember going into the stores a couple of times to oogle the artwork on the boxes, before I even noticed they were all for miniatures. It's what inspired me to get into 40k (later Fantasy) in the first place.

• Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 9:36 AM, MitGas said:

If Eternus sells really well, then we'll soon have Chaos Stormcast too and can get our own "Heresy" subline. 😁

Eternusal Crusade? 

I’d just be happy with a chaos champion actually having a major part in the lore. It seems like every faction has a named character (or more), but none of them are actually doing anything meaningful in the Mortal Realms.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:51 PM, MitGas said:

I think Chosen/Varanguard qualify already. They're the best of the best below heroes I figure. If Chaos needs anything it's a mortal elite for Tzeentch! (same old ****** from me incoming.... in 3,2,1) We're the only ones to have none and want our very own twist on sexy Chaos armor too... our Curseling feels quite alone in this regard - well as much as he possibly can.

Tzeentch needs his own mortals, a named character that’s not a daemon, and he’s all good to go. There’s only so many ways to kitbash Tzaangor and Kairic Acolytes bits onto other minis before one goes mad……

Edited by Twisted Firaun
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Oh man, that Militia box...

I used to play a pirate-themed Dogs of War/Empire army that had more than a hundred of those guys. One of my all-time favorites, and a reason why I am excited to see the new Citis of Sigmar/Dawnbringers stuff.

It would kinda be funny, if all of those new models that’ll get released for city of sigmar, are just new brets.

no powder weapons just old farmers with their sticks and badly made bows

• Sad 1

Spoiler

Necromunda
Cawdor riders
Outlander Beastmaster Millisaurs & Ripperjacks  (Forgeworld)
Ash Waste Nomads Herder with Arthromite Duneskuttler

Age of Sigmar
Beast of Chaos - Battletome, Hero, Cards, Dices
Gloomspite Gitz - Battletome, Squigboss, Snarlfangs, Cards, Dices

Summer Order Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Chaos Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Spring Death Battletome
Seraphon Battletome - Slann, Saurus, Skink riders

Warcry
Bloodhunt - Khorne vs Vampires
Nightmare's Quest

Underworlds
Morathi Aelves + rival's deck

Horus Heresy
Salamander heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Word Bearers heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Alpha Legion heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Raven Guard heads + Pauldrons (Forgeworld)
Exodus (Forgeworld)
Typhon Heavy Siege Tank
Scimitar bikes
Cerberus Heavy Tank Destroyer

Warhammer 40k
Astra Militarum Combat Patrol, Rough Riders, Commissar
World Eaters Full Release
Azrael, Dark Angel
Wrath of the Soul Forge King
Strike Force Agastus
Brutalis Dreadnought
Desolation Squad
Primaris Lieutenant
Arks of Omen: Angron
Arks of Omen: Vashtorr + Vashtorr
Arks of Omen: Unknown
Boarding boxes (CSM & Ultramarines)
Boarding bases
Battleforce CSM Boarding

Kill Team 
Adeptus Arbites vs Drukhari

LotR
Osgiliath terrain boxes

Blood Bowl
Bruce

image.jpeg.c66f273f89756ee860b37d22c4dda7d0.jpeg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/01/22/sunday-preview-beasts-and-gitz-tear-the-mortal-realms-in-twain/

PD: Gitz and Beasts too... AGHGHHHGHHGHH!

Edited by Nezzhil
  • LOVE IT! 1