The Rumour Thread

21 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Hello darkness my old friend... 🥲

Screenshot_2022-12-15-07-45-50-772-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

Edit: I think GsG are coming before BoC

I'm expecting another battlebox and a simultaneous release of the two books. It will probably be like the Skaven and Sylvaneth release with one side getting more kits than the other. 

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I kind of miss having no available models for warscrolls. Just to see what stuff people come up with.

It sucks though when they invalidate the warscroll after you've made a costly conversion. For instance everyone who wanted to run one of the most popular 6th edition builds for Dark Eldar had to convert a Baron Sathonyx. Then they removed him from the book! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

They were squatted for months and more the half of the Maneaters are not back

Conspiracy Theory time: perhaps GW made new Maneaters, hence the reason the old ones disappeared, but then some higher up decided that should release them as part of CoS as someone calculated that's make them more money. When someone asked what they should do about Maneaters, as those were already in the Ogor Battletome and if they didn't have minis it'd open up third party companies to release them without the usual deniable names they decided to stick with the old ones, only to discover manufacturing was half way through destroying the moulde got them. Hence the reduced range.

I mean, what else could explain keeping those awful finecast sculpts, but at the same time getting rid of the ninja and lady with rolling pin 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I kind of miss having no available models for warscrolls. Just to see what stuff people come up with.

GW won't do that anymore, as they lost a court case over the right of third party companies to make minis with GW IP names for things with rules in the game but no GW model. It's why in 40k you have a bunch of space marine captains with highly specific wargear options: can a captain take a storm shield? Yes, but if he does he can't have a power fist because no model exists.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The ogor book is still lumped with resin butchers, slaughtermasters, icebrow hunters, yhetees, sabretusks, and gorgers, so regardless of the maneater situation it's not the case the resin kits are being vanished when books hit 3.0 (unfortunately, given the quality of some of those old sculpts...)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jagged Red Lines said:

It sucks though when they invalidate the warscroll after you've made a costly conversion. For instance everyone who wanted to run one of the most popular 6th edition builds for Dark Eldar had to convert a Baron Sathonyx. Then they removed him from the book! 

and the Jetbike Archon before that! He was my favorite thing in 40k, from 3rd to 6th. One of my few conversions, mixed him with a Cold One Rider and some extra Dark Elf bits. Played that crazy guy for like 12 years

• Like 2

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

That rumour list sounds fantastic, I really hope it's true. 

Snarlfang Chariot and Gitmob Heroes would guarantee a full army from me. A load of chariots and riders with some Hobgrot footsoldiers, the Khanite shall live again!

Same, this is what I've been waiting for since the 3 gitmob they did for WHU. 

Would be a day one purchase for me, assuming it's all real. 

• LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, Kitsumy said:

plastic kroxis.......... cant ask for more. new salamanders would be the cherry on top.

if that giant dino is a brachiosaurus/diplodocus?? insta buy.

but yes, we really need a plastic slan first

My fellow lizard in arms! I'm very hopeful but that list looks way too good to be true. 

Edited by DinoJon
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

8 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm expecting another battlebox and a simultaneous release of the two books. It will probably be like the Skaven and Sylvaneth release with one side getting more kits than the other. 

As the side getting nothing I hope at least our book isn't as bland as Skaven. I'm fine not being a tournament army believe me but they really took the soul out of Skaven.

2 hours ago, EntMan said:

Not if you're a Wanderer ☹️🌲🧝‍♂️

While it is sad if the wanderers are being discontinued as they are wonderful models, I can see the logic behind it. 

The cities list currently has eternal guard, dreadspears and free guild spearmen all which are pretty much the same. 

It would make more sense to have one entry for a spear armed unit and then use whichever models you want. 

I bet on the lead up to the release of the new cities there will be a lot of articles showing converted armies and how versatile the army is. 

I only hope if they do discontinue them and other models we get enough notice. 

Ideally they will go range rotation rather than squated completely. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

While it is sad if the wanderers are being discontinued as they are wonderful models, I can see the logic behind it. 

The cities list currently has eternal guard, dreadspears and free guild spearmen all which are pretty much the same. 

It would make more sense to have one entry for a spear armed unit and then use whichever models you want. 

I bet on the lead up to the release of the new cities there will be a lot of articles showing converted armies and how versatile the army is. 

I only hope if they do discontinue them and other models we get enough notice. 

Not to sound negative but GW isnt going to encourage us to continue using discontinued models as proxies. The one spear entry will be "copyrightus longpointstickdawnmayne with this exact wargear down to the feathers in their caps"

The notice will be an overnight move of the entire range to last chance to buy and then they'll pretend they definitely never painted them right into the narrative reboxed them in AoS boxes and actively sold them to people.

Wood elves and sylvaneth never should have been split up in the first place but they wanted more micro armies. Theres no reason they couldnt be like every god marked chaos army where you can focus on mortals or "demons" or mix and match and I dont give GW any slack for being in a tough situation that they created with corporate decision making.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

Well at least now we know that squatted just means gone temporarily (just wait 30 years)

I was hoping that recent Wanderer novel meant they were safe. Alas not, if the rumour is right.

42 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Not to sound negative but GW isnt going to encourage us to continue using discontinued models as proxies. The one spear entry will be "copyrightus longpointstickdawnmayne with this exact wargear down to the feathers in their caps"

The notice will be an overnight move of the entire range to last chance to buy and then they'll pretend they definitely never painted them right into the narrative reboxed them in AoS boxes and actively sold them to people.

Wood elves and sylvaneth never should have been split up in the first place but they wanted more micro armies. Theres no reason they couldnt be like every god marked chaos army where you can focus on mortals or "demons" or mix and match and I dont give GW any slack for being in a tough situation that they created with corporate decision making.

But they do encourage people to convert and use proxie models, just this week the stormcast army they showed had mixed races in a unit. 

They have also have shown discontinued models in army's on the community site. 

And since when do people need GWs permission to use what models they want for their own armies? 

I'm more optimistic and hope GW have learnt and we will get more notice tho I'm also realistic and will be picking up a few of boxes of wanderers stuff as I've wanted to do a living city for a while. 

3 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

But they do encourage people to convert and use proxie models, just this week the stormcast army they showed had mixed races in a unit. 

They have also have shown discontinued models in army's on the community site. 

And since when do people need GWs permission to use what models they want for their own armies? 

I'm more optimistic and hope GW have learnt and we will get more notice tho I'm also realistic and will be picking up a few of boxes of wanderers stuff as I've wanted to do a living city for a while. 

I haven't seen "last chance to buy" used for such a long time. I think if anything they are giving less notice.