The Rumour Thread

I wouldn't go so far as to say that 40k is ruined... but then again, I mostly play with a pretty chill bunch who are open to having pregame conversations and fudging the rules to keep the game fun. I wouldn't want to even think about a pick-up game of 40k with someone I don't know. I think I'd have more fun Free Playing Age of Sigmar with some random person!

36 minutes ago, Nico said:

Really need a rumour - otherwise going to have to push the button on Sylvaneth/Fyreslayers.

I already did I am collecting Fyreslayers right now their fluff is pretty cool. People think they are mercenaries but they are not truly mercenaries sort of thing. 

8 minutes ago, shinros said:

I already did I am collecting Fyreslayers right now their fluff is pretty cool. People think they are mercenaries but they are not truly mercenaries sort of thing. 

They are more crackheads than mercenaries. But i think gw blew it by putting then on order. It would be cool to have a non alligned faction, you know? One you could use in any alliance you wanted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sadysaneto said:

They are more crackheads than mercenaries. But i think gw blew it by putting then on order. It would be cool to have a non alligned faction, you know? One you could use in any alliance you wanted.

Hmm I still think they fit in order considering their characterization in novels. Plus it depends on the lodge. There are some that have done pretty badass and heroic things. 

Plus the gold madness is due to the sigils they hammer into their flesh to give them strength and power if I recall. It's a blessing and a curse I personally think it's the madness of Volcatrix effecting them. 

Edited by shinros

1 minute ago, shinros said:

Hmm I still think they fit in order considering their characterization in novels. Plus it depends on the lodge. There are some that have done pretty badass and heroic things. 

Yeah, i was talking about when gw released them. Theybsaid they would be like a mercenary faction that would fight for anyone who paid the most ur.

Just now, Sadysaneto said:

Yeah, i was talking about when gw released them. Theybsaid they would be like a mercenary faction that would fight for anyone who paid the most ur.

Well yes but it largely depends on the lodge one lodge may take a request from chaos if they have tons of ur - gold but another lodge may not because chaos is not trust worthy. Plus only one lodge has done that in the time line and I doubt chaos payed them. 

Fyreslayers take oaths UBER seriously hence why majority of them only do it with people they know who will pay them and chaos are known oath breakers. One Runefather refused to take payment after not finishing a job correctly and some become doomseekers for failing an oath of ur - gold. 

The doomseeker had a kill on fight policy with chaos followers. 

What's great is that they take tons of gold then afterwards they have to sort out the crappy gold they don't need from the ur - gold since I recall that the essence of Grimnir and Volcatrix had spread across the realms. Affecting loads of gold veins and chunks that were made from their death might of been made into currency for a city. 

The normal gold they just leave to sit in their vaults. Yes they pretty much sit on tons of gold and do nothing with it. Gathering ur - gold is like a religious act they just figured out the best way to gather it plus they follow a god of war and battle so it works out. Problem is I think the madness of the god beast Volcatrix is causing the gold madness when they infuse the ur - gold runes into their flesh. 

• Like 2

With the exception of matched play, there's nothing stopping you using them with any Grand Alliance. Death faction with Fyreslayers is my favourite.

• Like 3

On 17/09/2016 at 5:55 PM, ElectricPaladin said:

I'm disappointed by the direction they're taking the Burning of Prospero. It was fun to use Betrayal at Calth to catapult myself into playing 30km, but it looks like this new box isn't going to be as generally useful.

Think it depends on what you are likely to play in 30k. Death Guard and Iron Warriors look weird in mk4 ;)  This box, like Calth, is intended to get the base plastic marines into production to ease FW's production so they can focus on the rest of the 30k minis.

5 hours ago, The Jabber Tzeentch said:

With the exception of matched play, there's nothing stopping you using them with any Grand Alliance. Death faction with Fyreslayers is my favourite.

100% agree. Whilst it would have been cool to have another Alliance, it's more straight forwards this way! ;)

20 hours ago, cb_rex said:

I hope they don't just end up having one rule set for both sysyems. I enjoy the various rules for 40k, vehicles for example. Yes it could be simplified and streamlined a with better use of keywords and synergy, also having it more digitafied like AoS would be good and simplifying and balancing army selection methods.

However, I don't think 40k has a issue with lack of sales so why mess majorly with a winning formula?

I don't think they will have one rule set for both systems, mainly because it will cause a massive amount of upset to the core customer base of GW's business. I suspect that they will take a lot of lessons learnt with Age of Sigmar and use that (just like how Age of Sigmar took elements of 40K and refined it - i.e. Formations/Battlaions).  I think we will see similar profiles for 40K but I think the core rules will have a lot more to it.

The main issue 40K has is that the rules to play the game are all over the place, whilst Age of Sigmar all I need is the Generals Handbook and the Warscrolls and I can play anyway I want (Out of Box/Narrative/Matched Play).

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

Think it depends on what you are likely to play in 30k. Death Guard and Iron Warriors look weird in mk4 ;)  This box, like Calth, is intended to get the base plastic marines into production to ease FW's production so they can focus on the rest of the 30k minis.

These are my thoughts as well, plus you don't need to use the models just for 30K as you can use the armour variants in 40K

• Like 2

This weeks releases have been uncovered: it is (obviously) Genestealers Cult Codex with repacks from Overkill. The interesting thing is that there seem to be no new models there and that you need Astra Militrum (Imperial Guard) to make a full army. Would expect therefore an upgrade kit and maybe a couple of new models next week, but not much.

Being the case the GS will only take one or two weeks, I'am thinking we will see quite a bit AoS on October. Prospero should take place before the release of Fenris II: I think part of the idea is to introduce new players to the SW v. TS drama through Prospero and then make them buy the lovely new Tzeentch stuff as well as Prospero box. That makes Fenris a late November or even December release, including none less than Magnus to end up the year. 

If that is the case, we have nothing for October so far, but all 40k rumours would be there: DW check (August); Black Crusade check (September), GS check (September); Prospero check (November); Fenris II with Magnus and Rubric Marines check (December or late November). But what about October? I think most of it has to be AoS. Maybe it will be Tzeentch. Less likely Duardin. More likely repacks and new BTs of old books, which with the level of Beastclaw and Flesheaters ist still very exciting. 

56 minutes ago, BrAiKo said:

The only one I already have of those is the Chaos sorceror lord.  Definitely will need a headswap at minimum.  Maybe a good one to mix with the leftover battle mage options?

The battle mage options are imo a little too 'good guy' looking for a chaos sorcerer (lots of soft edges, very clean looking). Personally I think he'd look cool with a Bloodreaver closed helm and dagger.