The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The Wyldwoods will act like spell portals
Dragon hero phase move goes away
Thunder lizards scaly skin also goes awayLivll
Living City Strike then Melt Away must finish the movement outside 9" of any enemy
Sentinels 24" reach, need LOS and lambent is changed though I dont know how
Wind Spirits no longer move in opponents phase
Stonemage can let the Stoneguard do MWs on 5s and 6s

If true, these are very good quality of life changes all around. 

The only one I can't comment on would be the Thunder Lizard change, but I've never had to fight against them so I don't know how significant it actually is.

8 minutes ago, OkayestDM said:

If true, these are very good quality of life changes all around. 

The only one I can't comment on would be the Thunder Lizard change, but I've never had to fight against them so I don't know how significant it actually is.

Well, seraphon has some big bad lizards with 14 wounds, a save characteristic of 1+, with ward of 6+++ near scenery within their territory, doble shooting, +1 hit/save for a cp (outside shooting/combat phase) and -1 damage.

That book is the opposite of balance 

Edited by Ragest
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

well like always gw doing changes 6+ months too late...

lumineth havent been a problem since.. never? but people hate them, so gw should double his dmg and delete the mortal mechanic. instead that, they keep nerfing them only.

seraphons were stomping several months ago. but they arent winning anything since several months ago. and delete an army passive for nothing?? not changed to +1 armor or something. saurus and dinos are too squishy when they should be sturdy as heck. not 10w saving at 4...

real problems are first prince and nurgle, they are the real top army right now. and never get touched or commented, dont know why.

• Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

lumineth havent been a problem since.. never? but people hate them, so gw should double his dmg and delete the mortal mechanic. instead that, they keep nerfing them only.

seraphons were stomping several months ago. but they arent winning anything since several months ago. and delete an army passive for nothing?? not changed to +1 armor or something. saurus and dinos are too squishy when they should be sturdy as heck. not 10w saving at 4...

real problems are first prince and nurgle, they are the real top army right now. and never get touched or commented, dont know why.

Idk I see Seraphon topping tournaments still. I dont know them very well and First Prince is also topping tables but I wouldnt say Seraphon arent winning anything.

• Like 2

Strike then teleport for Sylvaneth? I'm jealous. I started AoS with a Cities Wanderers army, bought a prince and some Sisters. I wanted a mobile shoot and run army.. was very dissappointed. Shoot then nudge your archers 6" away, really didn't fit that imaginary playstyle.

Rules previewed for them look amazing, but I must resist and not make a new army.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2022 at 11:34 PM, KingBrodd said:

The fact we arent getting any new Death Faction Tomes this year gives me hope for OBR and Flesh Eaters to get substantial updates. Im still of the opinion that these 2 Rumour Engines are one model, seated on a throne. 

20210708_203922.jpg

I really want this to be FEC but the sword looks very SBGL. As people have mentioned, Cursed City seem to fit since Vyrkos and the gang also got a bit of the bat/wolf themes.

Also, I'm just just going to huff some hopium and claim it is actually the return of W'soran and the Necrarch bloodline! 😅

8 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Idk I see Seraphon topping tournaments still. I dont know them very well and First Prince is also topping tables but I wouldnt say Seraphon arent winning anything.

Yeah, Seraphon are top of the pile in terms of win rate for tournaments since the first Battlescroll (and over the same time frame have a bigger share of 4-1 and 5-0 tournament results than Legion of the First Prince and Nurgle)

EDIT: also, I wouldn't comment over the specifics of the GHB "leaks" because there migrht be more there (points changes or other stuff) and the leaker only focused on the juicier bits

Edited by Marcvs

7 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

I'm replying with the assumption that the previous rumours are 100% accurate.

Big targets for the GHB/battlescroll updates are SCE dragons, living city, Seraphon.

GHB / Battlescroll
Thunder lizards scaly skin also goes awayLivll
Living City Strike then Melt Away must finish the movement outside 9" of any enemy

These all seem like great changes, Seraphon have been doing great and are still winning lots of tournaments, I agree that I hope they change Scaly Skin rather than simply delete it. The book still has teeth and I'm sure we'll keep seeing it.

Living City - Good change, probably kills the city but it's been waaaay overperforming.

This is the GHB, which makes sense why it feels 6 months behind, the full Slaves book is printed and leaked 8 months in advance this book was probably sent to print in November/December last year. Which would explain the lack of changes to Nurgle.

Archer changes are part of the 3.0 Battletome, not a GHB nerf. I'd agree with you that it feels like kicking someone while they are down since Lumineth haven't beenbdoing too great, but these changes probably come with point adjustements/warscroll changes that could make those units still powerful.

They do seem to have hone in on the biggest NPE of Lumineth, insane LoS ignoring mortal wound shooting and the foxes ability to basically roadblock any combat army.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

I'm sorry but that is false. I have jokingly referred to some statements (e.g. Fyreslayers being nerfed in such a way that they are basically unplayable now while pointing out tournament win rates) that a certain forum member has made on more than one occasion. Hence some people reacted with a laughing emoji. 

I have not in misrepresented their opinion in bad faith nor have I called them names. If said forum member should feel attacked, insulted or ridiculed I am more than happy to offer honest apologies. But I won't stand for being called toxic (which I unterstand as quite a serious accusation) because some people misread more than harmless banter.

Sometimes it is just easier to accept you acted in poor taste, offer an apology and not repeat those actions in the future. Alternatively, you could delete the content to show humility. Finding a bizarre way to justify provoking or insulting another member of the forum makes the situation even worse. Just do the right thing, apologize and remove the comments. 

I am sorry to derail the rumor thread with this post. 

Edited by Lavieth
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Nezzhil said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Sylvaneth Battletome

The Wyldwoods will act like spell portals

GHB / Battlescroll
Thunder lizards scaly skin also goes awayLivll
Living City Strike then Melt Away must finish the movement outside 9" of any enemy

Lumineth Battletome
Sentinels 24" reach, need LOS and lambent is changed though I dont know how
Wind Spirits no longer move in opponents phase
Stonemage can let the Stoneguard do MWs on 5s and 6s

Looks like I'm taking Namarti Reavers then, given those changes I'd rather extra shots over MWs.

18 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

Sometimes it is just easier to accept you acted in poor taste, offer an apology and not repeat those actions in the future. Alternatively, you could delete the content to show humility. Finding a bizarre way to justify provoking or insulting another member of the forum makes the situation even worse. Just do the right thing, apologize and remove the comments. 

I am sorry to derail the rumor thread with this post. 

You can't even point out what about my original comment was supposed to be 'in poor taste' and you can't talk for the victim while I have, multiple times, offered apologies should they decide to chime in and say they felt hurt.

Let me repeat: what I typed was an accurate representation of the person's feelings about the state of the Fyreslayers faction. The only thing that was being made a fun was the rather passionate way in which they voiced their opinion. How is that explanation bizzare? Do not call me bizzare if you can't comprehend my argument and do not call me toxic if I haven't offended anyone. 

But to be transparent and act in good faith I will send a private message to the person in question and ask about their feelings in the matter.

Edited by Maogrim

4 minutes ago, Enoby said:

+Mod hat+

As @KingBrodd has already said, please don't antagonise other forum members by alluding to them. Whether or not it was meant in a fun way, it can be construed as toxic or belittling. 

So I have antagonised someone  but other users calling me toxic and my behaviour bizzare is fine? 

That is ... quite unfair and not very objective.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Maogrim said:

So I have antagonised someone  but other users calling me toxic and my behaviour bizzare is fine? 

That is ... quite unfair and not very objective.

What you did was received as inflammatory and uncalled for by the community. What everyone else did was a form of self-policing consisting of corrective social behavior. There is ample anthropological evidence for why one is condoned and the other is not.

• Like 5

Losing Scaly Skin for Coalesced as a whole would be pretty painful for the Seraphon book. I don't think it would drop the faction to unplayable, it would just be a big change in how people play with it. I would like it to change rather than a removal, either go back to the old "ignores -1 rend" or change it to the Chaos Dwarf ability of "ignore the first damage each phase".

Seraphon have been at the top since their new book so a change is welcomed and I'll roll with whatever it ends up being.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kitsumy said:

While win rates on seraphon and LRL aren't as strong as they use to be, (Seraphon are still doing pretty well tho actually) their core issues are they have lack internal balance. They have too many "auto-include" units and sub factions and thats just as bad from a player/opponent experience point of view. 

However I do agree that they are definitely behind on the meta assessment. Nurgle, SC and LoFP are toping tourneys, and it doesn't look like the new codex slowed DoK down any. 

• Like 1

Is sentinel spam that good? No, but it is still fairly viable and incredibly dull for the game. They cover the entire board, can hit anything they want and require no skill to do so.

The new book is going to shake up Lumineth and hopefully we see some more interesting and diverse builds.

Flies are going up in points and we could see some new units, including for older books, be added to priority targets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marcvs said:

Yeah, Seraphon are top of the pile in terms of win rate for tournaments since the first Battlescroll (and over the same time frame have a bigger share of 4-1 and 5-0 tournament results than Legion of the First Prince and Nurgle

where do u see that? im observing every 5 round tourneys. and seraphon dont usually win any since several months.

yes on winrate they are high, but around 55% so not broken, and belakor is above them in winrate AND they are winning tourneys.

and the removal( not change) of scaly would drop them several places, even tiers, sure seraphon could get nerfs, but not removal of core rules of the army

nurgle is... well they are winning like half tourneys lately, dont get why they dont get some fast fix like dragons had.

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

where do u see that? im observing every 5 round tourneys. and seraphon dont usually win any since several months.

yes on winrate they are high, but around 55% so not broken, and belakor is above them in winrate AND they are winning tourneys.

and the removal( not change) of scaly would drop them several places, even tiers, sure seraphon could get nerfs, but not removal of core rules of the army

nurgle is... well they are winning like half tourneys lately, dont get why they dont get some fast fix like dragons had.

stats are from the Honest Wargamer and do cover quite a lot of tournaments, feel free to check them out https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-stats-centre-state-of-the-meta/

• Like 1

Dear TGA community, dear mods,

I'm aware that once again I have not exactly made friends today. But while I have understood that I'm not allowed to voice the sentiment of being evaluated unfairly, I would like to kindly ask you to not send me private messages about how wrong I was or how unacceptable you deem my behaviour to be.

It's just been one person so far, but that's more than enough, I think, given the nature of my offense. 

Thanks.